Roast Something is wrong (Giants Supporters Only)

On the Couch will be facinating. Pity I don't have Foxtel. Really hope we get some hints about what might be going on to produce the last couple of results. And, hopefully something can be done about it quickly. We all now the team is capable of better.

The way I look at it is when success comes, it will be oh so sweet given the hard times we endure early on with this club. Having said that, a good mate of mine is a life long Saints supporter. We have nothing to complain about...it is all relative. I have seen the years of pain and anguish in that man as the Saints build, implode, build, implode...etc, etc...

44 yr saints fan, 22 years of membership, the last 13 consecutive..
This is nothing, GWS have hope and are guaranteed a future, pretty much certainties for a flag or two in the next 5-10 years.
St Kilda have always lacked at least one of those.

People need to get a bit real and stop dying for the minute.

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...turn-to-victoria/story-fni5f7qp-1226932258711

:( is it a manager trying to get more cash or is jezza thinking of leaving...

I think it's pretty obvious we're fast heading towards a big shake-out of the playing list.

Jeremy is our best forward by the proverbial country mile. It would be a disaster to lose him. We need to hang on to him at all costs.

If that means trading away some other big names in exchange for top-shelf defenders, so be it.

May 24, 2014
Canberra Region
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Ricciardo#3, Sydney Thunder
Good positive steps. As I said in a post a couple days ago, Leon and the young coaching squad needs support. Brereton seemed to be able to connect with our young forwards, and they seemed to be doing much better with his assistance last year. Lambert already has a great connection with the players, so does he have the coaching smarts? He has been there before. Silvani will be the interesting one to see what impact he can have.

IanW

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
#Exers
Whats wrong is that when Mohr and Davis are missing, GWS's defensive structure goes to crap.

Yep. Frost and Plowman are brave, and can play, and are building blocks for the future - but they arent there now.

And, much as I love them, Shaw and Hampton are supplementary defenders, not KPDs.

Whats wrong is that when Mohr and Davis are missing, GWS's defensive structure goes to crap.

Yep. Frost and Plowman are brave, and can play, and are building blocks for the future - but they arent there now.

And, much as I love them, Shaw and Hampton are supplementary defenders, not KPDs.

100% agree. We need at least that one experienced defender to ease up the pressure on the others - Roughead would have had a day out if Mohr wasn't in. As it was Gunston still got off the chain (imagine if both Davis and Mohr were fit), but he's much less dangerous that Roughy.

coniglio_number1

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2011
pannawonica
AFL Club
GWS
If we had Davis then we win. Now I wonder is opposition fans start to realise that we have been crap lately because we have no experienced KPD when both mohr and Davis went down

Dangerousfield

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Blowtorch to the goolies during the week seems to have done the trick. How does the game against Hawthorn (which you should have won BTW) sit against the insipid previous games. What was going on there?

Hopefully you have turned the corner and beat the Injectors this week, good luck.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Think the club has done well with the handling of the issues and communicating with the supporters, very difficult time for the club with the 2 losses and also the Greene incident and the Jeremy Cameron trade rumours in the media
Hope the club can put some more 4 quarter efforts on the field so everyone especially the media and the haters can move on
But this is what some of the clubs have been dealing with and for a lot longer. I am not having a dig at any club but most supporters have to deal with negative media reports some examples are
Adelaide Tippett affair
Brisbane Boardroom power struggle/go home 5
Carlton Salary cap
Essendon Drug scandal
Melbourne onfield and tanking
North Carey/Stevens
Richmond Onfield for 20 odd years
St Kilda
West Coast Drugs

MikeLike

Cancelled
Feb 4, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
gee there are some Haridan's here. we'll be right! give it time and we will bring the flag to WS!!!

Back