Something you want to see the boys do every week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
I would like to see them helping out their teammates when things get tough, instead of lining up for the fun high fives after a goal, I'd like to see someone go up to Andrew Raines this Thursday (is he still Brisbane's tagger? meh, whoever it is that tags Cotch or Dusty) and rough them up a bit, give them a nice hip and shoulder and support our better players by allowing them a few moments to get off the leash.

From watching last weeks game I didn't see much support being given, there was tackling, but I didn't see much shepherding, running back to support defenders or creating opportunities in the forward line, no extra option, no hard running.

If I could narrow it down to one thing, I want to see our boys running both ways, always having more numbers at each contest, unlike that Collingwood farce where at times it felt like they out-numbered us 22-18 on the field.

What about you?

I would like to see them helping out their teammates when things get tough, instead of lining up for the fun high fives after a goal, I'd like to see someone go up to Andrew Raines this Thursday (is he still Brisbane's tagger? meh, whoever it is that tags Cotch or Dusty) and rough them up a bit, give them a nice hip and shoulder and support our better players by allowing them a few moments to get off the leash.

From watching last weeks game I didn't see much support being given, there was tackling, but I didn't see much shepherding, running back to support defenders or creating opportunities in the forward line, no extra option, no hard running.

If I could narrow it down to one thing, I want to see our boys running both ways, always having more numbers at each contest, unlike that Collingwood farce where at times it felt like they out-numbered us 22-18 on the field.

What about you?
I've hardly seen a shepherd from any team.... what the hell has happened to this game??

Oh I'm sure they try to do that anyway, but being more specific would surely help generate some discussion.
Have a tackle comp each game and the aim is for ONE tackle per player per quarter. the winner each week gets something.

Ahh I like it, they can set up a poster chart and record 'effective tackles' and the winner gets a prize out of Dimma's reward box. :cool:

What about you?
LOL! I was saying that the whole game!

Would just love to see effort from the boys

I want to see us move the ball quickly and up the middle like last year when we were winning. I would also like to see us apply pressure like last year when we were winning.

I want to see less of guys chipping it around without any real purpose so sides can easily flood back and make our play rather pointless like this year....when we are losing.

Give 110% :)

More seriously, I'd like their first thought to be to actually move the ball forward. Too often while watching I see players get the ball and immediately look behind them for disposal options. I'd like to believe it's not the game plan and just a lack of confidence, but hell, if a team mate has a 50/50 contest 50 meters up the ground, back him to win it! Odds are still better than chip chip chip chip oops.

I want to see the same effort and intensity that won us 15 games last year. A genuine interest from the players to DEMAND the football, without the fear of making mistakes. Take risks and attack the football. I want to see the midfield run riot. I want a team picked on merit and not mateship. Anyone goes near Cotchin, I want them belted (legally and within the rules). I want the complacency removed from the mindset of the lazy players.

I don't care who the opposition is, I want a confidence boosting thrashing. Return the belief that we had last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

based on hearing opposition feedback on our forwards, they were clear that our forwards knew where to go and set up etc. So what i would like to see is our midfield actually play a little more instinctive football then this rubbish they are serving up. Our mids hold up the movement of the ball way to much, I get they want to make sure they stay defensive side as that was our weakness last year but it has killed our inside 50 quality and caused more problems then its resolved.

We are second in the comp for clearances, lets us that. get ball, run with ball, kick ball forward. That's what I want to see.

Yup - go the old school approach.....
Balme, McLean, McGee etc
Do we need a 'line in the sand' game?
Serious question.
Only problem is these days, we would have 15 players suspended.

Serious question.
I'm over lines in the freaking sand - 8 point games - season defining games - must win games - chances to respond - clichés and lip service in general.

If there was a virtual ladder for clubs talking big and delivering s**t over the past 15 years or so we would be world champions.

Problem is, Brisbane are so crap surely even Tigers in current form will fluke a battling win by 17 odd points and heat will come off us.

We need continual roasting until we actually do something of serious merit.

Serious question.

You really think we've got 15 players hard/determined enough to do what is required to the extent they'd get reported?

A quick look, and relying on my memory of who is rookie listed...we've got 10 AFL listed players in the VFL report....and Aaron Edwards is listed as 'test' for injury, so you'd hope he'll be right for next week...So we 'only' can afford to have half the team rubbed out :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back