FTA-TV Sons of Anarchy

Remove this Banner Ad

why did they go through the motions of setting up to shoot jax when they all knew they would let him go?

sure, it was just to string along us, the viewers, but it make no sense. just cuddle/kiss/say goodbye, shoot happy and send jax on his merry way.

Some of the most senseless TV I've seen

I don't think everything is meant to be "tied" up. Everytime throughout the series when it seemed Jax had it all figured out some other s**t would pop up. The club goes on and is probably as settled as it's ever been but it's a violent motorcycle gang that operates outside the law, there will always be s**t to deal with. Jax' family is safe and he thinks his sons won't fall in with SAMCRO but the club will go on with tig and chibs at the helm

Here's the opinion of an Executive Producer on the show.....

Well, there’s two different ways to look at it: One is that he is no longer a Son at that point, so the question is moot because he’s already relinquished his president’s patch to Chibs and he’s just a human being. Chibs was holding the presidential patch before Jax committed suicide. That’s the technical answer. The second answer is, and I really like it, the sacrifice. There’s a lot of religious imagery that happens here—between the blood and the bread and the outstretched arms. There’s something going on of a person who believes that what he’s doing is the best thing for others—specifically for his family. He really wants to leave a legacy that’s negative in his kids’ minds. He wants them to feel bereft. He wants them to hate him. He’s said as much. I don’t know, if my father, who’s still alive, committed suicide, that would be a difficult thing for me to forgive. So in a way I think he’s also cementing the future that he wants for his children of never going into this life and never finding anything attractive about it. And that’s a big sacrifice. So there! (Laughs)

10836240_10152997084033304_20691538_n.jpg

I don't think everything is meant to be "tied" up. Everytime throughout the series when it seemed Jax had it all figured out some other s**t would pop up. The club goes on and is probably as settled as it's ever been but it's a violent motorcycle gang that operates outside the law, there will always be s**t to deal with. Jax' family is safe and he thinks his sons won't fall in with SAMCRO but the club will go on with tig and chibs at the helm
I wonder if they'll ever start it up again and set it down the track with Abel joining the club because he is his fathers son and he has that ring Gemma gave him.

I know it's finished. I'm explaining why the way they tried to wrap everything up as if Jax dying magically means everything will be peaceful was crap.

I get what you're saying but I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that the death of Marks would result in the death of his empire considering it was Pope's empire anyway and Marks was the man who had been groomed to take over. I think the operation was a lot less solid after Pope died and with the hit squad taken care of and the truce between the various outlaw gangs I think it's pretty clear that the balance of power has shifted there.

But in regards to the Irish I think you're spot on, there would definitely be retribution for that and the IRA are far more powerful than a coalition of outlaw gangs. I also think the Sons were left in as peaceful shape as they've ever been though, granted they lost Jax and Bobby who were probably the two smartest and more experienced members, however Chibs is a good leader and T.O is a stable guy who has experience running a charter. SAMCRO has been absolutely decimated over the years but I think the reign of Chibs would be a lot more like what Jax's reign was supposed to be.

I don't think Jax intended to suicide until he saw the truck. I think his intentions were on the cops chasing & gunning him down but when the truck came round the corner, his eyes lit up and he had an epiphany...go out the same way my father did.

Interesting about the homeless woman. I too think she was a grim reaper. Always around for significant deaths...handed the cloak to Jax and said, "it's time".

Meh ending to a fantastic series.

I don't think Jax intended to suicide until he saw the truck. I think his intentions were on the cops chasing & gunning him down but when the truck came round the corner, his eyes lit up and he had an epiphany...go out the same way my father did.

Interesting about the homeless woman. I too think she was a grim reaper. Always around for significant deaths...handed the cloak to Jax and said, "it's time".

Meh ending to a fantastic series.
No doubt he planned to just escape. Once the first cop spotted him it was game over.

No doubt he planned to just escape. Once the first cop spotted him it was game over.
Yep.

With that frenetic chase in the end, he may have reached the border in 3days. Could've sworn I saw a turtle overtake him!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno, we've seen him out run the cops before (last episode I think?) so if he really wanted to escape he would have made more of an effort.

He was facing someone tracking him down from either the Sons for escaping the mayhem vote, the blacks for killing Marks, the Irish for killing one of the Kings or Robocops dirty pals for knocking him off.

There was no running as he would have been tracked down, and if he was with his kids they would also be a target.

Him dying was the only way out, he just got to do it on his terms.

If he planned to escape he would of killed the cop, the guy was riding solo so if he dies he can't call for back up and Jax is out of there

Oh look it's the expert.

Feelings on the mayhem yes vote and allowing blacks into the gang?

Thoughts on Sutters swerve?

Oh look it's the expert.

Feelings on the mayhem yes vote and allowing blacks into the gang?

Thoughts on Sutters swerve?

I always knew Jax would die as the show was his story and it would always end in his death wasn't 100% convinced on what we saw last episode that they would vote for Mayhem. Allowing blacks in the the club if you go back to season 4 there are black members in one of the Arizona charters so for mine it didn't really make sense. But if he intended to escape he would have killed the cop riding solo instead of just shooting in his direction so there was a bigger cop chase. That is just plain logic

I always knew Jax would die as the show was his story and it would always end in his death wasn't 100% convinced on what we saw last episode that they would vote for Mayhem. Allowing blacks in the the club if you go back to season 4 there are black members in one of the Arizona charters so for mine it didn't really make sense. But if he intended to escape he would have killed the cop riding solo instead of just shooting in his direction so there was a bigger cop chase. That is just plain logic

There is no logic when it comes to this show. Although I agree thinking more about it that he likely intended to die. Saying that maybe he didn't kill the cops because he didn't want any more unnecessary deaths once he got rid of the bad guys.

The chase scene was stupid though.

There is no logic when it comes to this show. Although I agree thinking more about it that he likely intended to die. Saying that maybe he didn't kill the cops because he didn't want any more unnecessary deaths once he got rid of the bad guys.

The chase scene was stupid though.
When you have murdered about 100 people personally I am not sure his conscience would have got in the way of 101, I thought when he shot at the cop he wanted to go out in a blaze of glory

When you have murdered about 100 people personally I am not sure his conscience would have got in the way of 101, I thought when he shot at the cop he wanted to go out in a blaze of glory

Hmm I thought he wanted the cops to kill him. The truck coming his way just made him decide to do it himself.
He told the law talking lady that that the bad guys were going. I don't think he at that point intended for anymore innocent deaths.

He wasn't escaping.He was on a suicide mission - either getting gunned down by the cops or go head-on with a truck like the old man.
If he was escaping why would he just sit there when the cop came ?

He wasn't escaping.He was on a suicide mission - either getting gunned down by the cops or go head-on with a truck like the old man.
If he was escaping why would he just sit there when the cop came ?

You should read on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back