FTA-TV Sons of Anarchy

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez! where have I been, checked out IMDB and found out the shows creator Kurt Sutter plays Otto on the show and that he's married to Katey Sagal (Gemma) in real life.
Mind blown.

Geez! where have I been, checked out IMDB and found out the shows creator Kurt Sutter plays Otto on the show and that he's married to Katey Sagal (Gemma) in real life.

Why else would they make a whole season around Gemma just so she could win awards

She's in the bastard executioner as well dude is as bad as Helena Bonham Carter's husband

Why else would they make a whole season around Gemma just so she could win awards

She's in the bastard executioner as well dude is as bad as Helena Bonham Carter's husband

You could say the same about Ally Walker.She's married to the boss of FX,which SoA was on.
She popped up in an ep of The Shield,which is also an FX show.

I reckon Katey Sagal was perfect for the role on SoA.
BTW there were more family members involved - her sister Liz was a writer & producer on SoA and her brother Joey played the doctor who gave Clay[I think] a phone in the prison hospital and McNally Sagal,Katey's sister-in-law,played Maragret the hospital administror.

You could say the same about Ally Walker.She's married to the boss of FX,which SoA was on.
She popped up in an ep of The Shield,which is also an FX show.

I reckon Katey Sagal was perfect for the role on SoA.
BTW there were more family members involved - her sister Liz was a writer & producer on SoA and her brother Joey played the doctor who gave Clay[I think] a phone in the prison hospital and McNally Sagal,Katey's sister-in-law,played Maragret the hospital administror.

She was prefect for the role, but I think sutter made it a much bigger role than it needed to be because of her

Season 3 (the worst season barring the finale) was written basically to win her awards and she got a golden globe for her troubles

That ending was cheesy as fuuck. And the Shakespeare quote. Facepalm.

There was so much wrong with that episode it wasnt funny. In fact the whole season was abysmal.

Now, hands up. Who's watching Sutter's 'The Bastard Executioner'? Yeah no one, knew it.
I think Sutter put that quote in as the show is loosely based on Hamlet

Well the show was basically about Jax and Gemma's relationship, and then each of their relationships to the club.
Her screen time in early seasons was much better than recent.

The change coincided with Clay being in it less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been watching re-runs on FX. That episode is on on Monday. I'm not looking forward to it.

kermitfappingaway-1.gif

watched the last 2 seasons over the last few weeks & for a show that won the jackpot by getting 1 season produced let alone 7, I thought it was wrapped up ok, the obligatroy public gunfights where nobody needs to worry about cops, a court house assassination where no bother you can just wander away after doing the deed & those car chases, ah, nobody does em like SOA.

My only real criticism of the last season was that they dragged the story out way too long with many episodes filled with all & sundry hugging & telling each other how much they ******* love each other - outlaws? spare me - but I kept watching.

& will they dare come back in a few years with a 'Sons of Sons of Anarchy'? Wouldn't put it past them.

Apologies if this has been addressed already.

But in ep-12 I think, in the start Jax puts on his shoes then starts to limp.

What was that all about?

a quote off reddit I think makes as much sense as anything

I think it was a metaphor for his pain relating to Tara and Gemma. He limps the entire episode, until he gets home and takes off his sneakers (his always bright white sneakers), only one of which has blood on it. He slowly takes the sneakers off, sets them aside, metaphorically setting aside the long and painful Tara/Gemma thing.

Then, when he goes to walk to the bedroom with Wendy, the limp is gone.

They spent too much time focusing on him putting on his bright white shoes at the beginning, then taking off his shoes, now with blood on just the one, for it to have meant nothing.

a quote off reddit I think makes as much sense as anything

I think it was a metaphor for his pain relating to Tara and Gemma. He limps the entire episode, until he gets home and takes off his sneakers (his always bright white sneakers), only one of which has blood on it. He slowly takes the sneakers off, sets them aside, metaphorically setting aside the long and painful Tara/Gemma thing.

Then, when he goes to walk to the bedroom with Wendy, the limp is gone.

They spent too much time focusing on him putting on his bright white shoes at the beginning, then taking off his shoes, now with blood on just the one, for it to have meant nothing.

Cool explanation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back