2nds South Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - Round 2 @ Noarlunga

Remove this Banner Ad

#grassrootsfooty :D

What a joke to let the Magpies be the Power reserve side !

22 full time paid footballers against 22 players who train a few hours a week while doing full time employment.

South's salary cap is as much as 1 or 2 players of Port.

It just is not a fair deal Its a farce!.

*actual quote from Adelaide Now website comments section :D

Last edited:
Already posted in the Butcher thread on the other board, but he was very good tonight. Four good goals from positions where key forwards SHOULD be kicking them, a couple of very nice marks including a brilliant pack mark in the 4th quarter. Had some moments of madness, but those were far outweighed by the positives to take from this game.

I loved Brandon Ah Chee's game, especially in the first half. I've been very critical of him when talking to the guys I usually stand with at Magpie games, but I thought he showed a lot, kicked a few nice goals and looked a lot less laconic than I am used to seeing.

Sammy Colquhoun I thought was excellent, classy as ever. People forget that when we played in the finals in 2013 he was in the starting 22, he's an absolute gem to have on the list. Krak was very good, I was skeptical of recruiting him when it was being discussed at the end of last season, but the way he has conducted himself and the way he has performed has justified his spot on the rookie list. Andrew Moore and Aaron Young as a class above the SANFL, it is just a matter of who they can dislodge from the side if anyone.

Really good win tonight, made the drive home a lot easier!

I'm absolutely pumped about this win. Never expected such a comprehensive win. Thought a loss was to be expected. Stoked to see Logan have a good game, Harvey really step up and Colquhoun play brilliantly! Then it's got to be satisfying to have our 2nd tier all play well, Butch, Krakouer, Moore, Young, Mitchell and of course Ahchee!

11100645_10153283154644703_1152740475_o.jpg

:D

Lots of positives. Very happy. The team gelled so well. Harvey, take my hat off to a kid that isn't a ruckman but steps in and gives his all. Sharrad played his role well tonight. So many good performances. Byrne-Jones very clean. Butcher's best game by a mile. T Logan great, Krak and Clurey good. Wagner must get under the skin of his opponents, some South players were clearly pissed off with him. Could say more. Keep it up. Lot of players watching the game, good vibes, and the Academy had a big win too. A lot of upside from what I saw tonight. Can't mention all the good players.

What injury did Karlos pick up as he had 7 disposals at 1/4 time.
wasnt injured, played all game, got a kick late too, one of his only ones......
just had a quiet match, may have been tagged out of it? not sure. probably the only player a touch down on a night the whole team completely dominated.

I'm not sure we could have had a better opener! Sounds like a thorough domination with just about everyone hitting their straps.

How were the games of Logan Austin, DBJ and Clurey? Sounds like the backline gelled well together.

DBJ played his best game. Showed smarts, slick skills. Clurey was solid, one of his better games too. Austin looked right at home for his first game, one noted error but you cut him some slack. Contested the high ball and played tight. Still, my opinion and I'd love to hear others views.

I'm not sure we could have had a better opener! Sounds like a thorough domination with just about everyone hitting their straps.

How were the games of Logan Austin, DBJ and Clurey? Sounds like the backline gelled well together.
all played well. austin has some size and reads the game well. dbj is looking a solid half back flanker type, can run off and set up play, did a nice blind spin move between two witches hats in blue in the middle of the ground. clurey did a good job on their key forward. i must say south were abysmal, they made it very easy for us to zone off, out number them in defense and chip around to loose players and control play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butcher 9 marks, 4 goals. Thats what im talking about!

Great to see Colquhoun back in action though based on his stats he barely went near a contest all night. AhChee starts the season with a bang! Moore consistent. Wags 2 goals. Looks like all contributed!

To win all 4 quarters, great start to the year!
Hoons possessions inside and out was a good effort.

Obviously last night's effort at siberian tundra park was a very good one by the Maggie boys.
A lot of very pleasing efforts across the board from virtually all players wearing the PB, but I was particularly pleased to hear about Harv's effort in the ruck, he is still only a 19 yo, (he turns 20 just before this year's finals begin ), and with his genes could easily have another 4 or 5 cms of growth left in him, and as I have said before he would have to be in the top 3 or 4 set shots for goal on the entire Port list, for both distance and accuracy. :)

22 full time paid footballers against 22 players who train a few hours a week while doing full time employment.

That didn't stop Norwood last year, plus look at the age of Port, the list will deteriorate as the year goes on..these early wins are vital

That didn't stop Norwood last year, plus look at the age of Port, the list will deteriorate as the year goes on..these early wins are vital

I should point out that was an actual quote from the Adelaide Now website. ;)

DBJ played his best game. Showed smarts, slick skills. Clurey was solid, one of his better games too. Austin looked right at home for his first game, one noted error but you cut him some slack. Contested the high ball and played tight. Still, my opinion and I'd love to hear others views.

At the risk of sounding like I am just plugging in a new name for each line of my original post... I thought DBJ was really good last night as well, I thought he showed a lot of poise when he was confronted with any number of South Adelaide witch's hats and for the most part was calm and clean with the footy.

Loved watching Tom Clurey, there was one point in the last quarter, game well and truly won, where we turned the ball over on the wing (before winning it back), in that short period of time between turning it over and winning it back you could hear Clurey demanding his team mates get back and defend; I loved seeing that kind of leadership from a guy who is only in his 3rd year on the AFL list.

I didn't pay heaps of attention to Logan Austin (had to check my budget a few times), but I can't remember him doing a lot wrong either.

*actual quote from Adelaide Now website comments section :D

Did LOL

John2 hours ago

Fantastic win by the AFL POWER RESERVES great job and well done SANFL.

NO AFL IN THE SANFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back