2nds South Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - Round 2 @ Noarlunga

Remove this Banner Ad

Did LOL

John2 hours ago

Fantastic win by the AFL POWER RESERVES great job and well done SANFL.

NO AFL IN THE SANFL.

Then they'd just be SN which is the basic warning for an SBS movie. :p

"Port were full strength".

Lets just ignore the fact Shaw, Howard, Frampton and Biemans are injured and if Lobbe was fit Redden would be playing too.

:D

We didn't even play Reynolds.

Did Luke Reynolds play in the 2s?

He's not listed as injured so I'm assuming the guys that played Academy would have been...

Sawford - R.Young - Wilson - Biemans - Gordon - Reynolds - Hawkins - T.Gray - Masters - Davidson - Haarsma - Hollingworth-Hughes + 9 Academy listed players.

Already posted in the Butcher thread on the other board, but he was very good tonight. Four good goals from positions where key forwards SHOULD be kicking them, a couple of very nice marks including a brilliant pack mark in the 4th quarter. Had some moments of madness, but those were far outweighed by the positives to take from this game ....
Good to hear. I wasn't at the game but my South/Essendon supporting nephew and his neutral* English dad were. Met them at a family function this morning and they had a lot of +ve stuff to say about Butch's efforts and marking. They were a bit amused about his goal kicking though, I'm interested to know whether it was genuinely clownish bad or just that people expect to laugh at a few of his shanks now.

* likes all sport but only supports Liverpool

Edit
Actually I see Cheesy Mac gives some really good detail on Butch's goal kicking in this game on the Butcher thread.

Last edited:
From Flying start to 2015 for Magpies

...... Earlier in the day, Port Adelaide's Academy side had a come-from-behind victory over South in the SANFL Reserves competition.

Academy Scoreboard
PORT ADELAIDE ACADEMY 3.1 9.2 12.4 19.9 (123)
SOUTH ADELAIDE RESERVES 5.2 6.5 7.8 7.10 (52)

I'm not sure being 2 goals down at 1/4 time then dominating for the rest of the game constitutes a 'come from behind' victory.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see some players in the Academy team looking to get called up.

Sawford 30 disposals, Wilson 23 and 2 goals, Biemans 21 and a goal, Haarsma 21, Tom Gray 20 and 2 goals, Reynolds 17 and 2 goals. Gordon kicked 3 goals as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back