South Fremantle Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bulldogs are having a senior intra-club this Saturday at 8am, for those fanatics who are insomniacs! :D

First pre-season match is versus the mighty Black and Whites on Saturday, 26th Feb. :thumbsu:

My birthday. No doubt the red and whites will provide me with some joy when we knock your mob off.

Should be an interesting season ahead for us. If we stay injury free I can see us thereabouts come September!

We haven't recruited a great deal other than Ryan Cook and Paul Haselby. Scott Thornton and Ryan Murphy hopefully should have uninterrupted seasons now that they have no AFL commitments. It will be nice to have Murphy actually available for the Grand Final;)

The club is looking at the likes of Jaymie Graham, Theo and Reece Adams, Nathan Phillips et al as their new recuits after a disastrous run of injuries last year.

We have a few U16's state players (around 8 i think) coming into the colts this year along with a couple we had in the extended U18's squad which should see us nearly back to the 2009 depth.

Definitely a reason for optimism but a lot will ride on our mature age depth if we get injuries. Pace is also a concern.

As I mentioned in the WAFL pre-season thread we were missing a raft of senior players last night but West Perths ball movement was really slick.

Both the colts and reserves had good wins, the reserves by 74pts.

Ryan Cook looks to be a really good player, was very impressed with him. Moves well, is a good size and knows how to get the ball.

I must say I was really impressed with Dylan Bairstow. The big fella doesn't mind running out of defence despite not being quick. His foot passing for such a big guy i thought was excellent.

Shane Kersten was another youngster who also was impressive. He's bulked up a lot since last year and is a certainty to be drafted at the end of the year.

Another player missing was Mugambwa, not sure why he didn't get a game. I arrived at half time of the ressies so maybe he was injured early on?

The most pleasing part of the club this year is its depth. If we can hold on to most of these guys the club will be well placed come September.

Kyle Hams was there last night and the club is still hopeful he might pull on the boots before seasons end.

There's still fight in them there Bulldogs!

A great Derby win! Well done boys, written off by most, but i'm confident we can cause some headaches along the way.

SF 12.16 (88)
EF 11.5 (71)

Good to see the colts equal top too.

Anyone watched much of Mason Shaw in the colts?

I saw he kicked 7 today and checked out his season stats. Looks like he's been switching between ruck and forward.

Over the past 5 weeks he's averaged
15.2 disposals
7.2 marks
3.6 goals
2 points
11 hitouts

Pretty impressive.

Anyone watched much of Mason Shaw in the colts?

I saw he kicked 7 today and checked out his season stats. Looks like he's been switching between ruck and forward.

Over the past 5 weeks he's averaged
15.2 disposals
7.2 marks
3.6 goals
2 points
11 hitouts

Pretty impressive.

Shaw is an interesting one.

He's in the WA U18's squad and will no doubt be given a game if that form continues. Having said that both Gault and Bolger dominated the ruck against Tassie on Sunday. Gault in particular was impressive with a nice running goal.

Shaw's forward play has been super impressive this year with the occasional run on the ball. I'd say he's more KPP than ruck at this stage. He has a nice kicking action and has good hands.

Will be interesting to see what his draft camp results are.

Mason Shaw
Last week: 9 disposals, 4 goals, 3 points and 7 hitouts.
This week: 13 disposals, 6 goals, 1 point and 2 hitouts.

31 goals for the year now, including 17 in the last 3 games, must have earned a game for WA....a 199cm full forward is pretty hard to match up on.

Yeh and mason didnt earn a spot in the state side what a shame and he deserved it. Did anyone see colts game on weekend leading goal kicker for colts was kept goal less by colts caption robbie thompson and he only had 4 possesions for the game. Pretty good effort considering tim o hara also in state squad. Robbie is a great defender him and mason dont get the credit they deserve. Great to see south fremantle colts 2 games clear on top of ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Standing ovation for John Dimmer, fantastic coach for the Bulldogs and an absolute champion bloke. Good luck for the future John, Hase has got some big shoes to fill

looking for the numbers of the 5 greatest bulldogs players ever. the 5 numbers would be for this jersey:
SouthFairfaxBulldogs.png

the other 13 numbers would be the 13 times they won the WAFL Grand Final. if you all would like to buy one of the jerseys (i will order them in late 2014) please let me know. cost would be $145 (not including shipping). also there would be one game used jersey auction off. the jersey is base off the 1913 to 1915 bulldogs jumper. the jersey would be worn in an australian theme ice hockey tournament here in the washington dc area in may 2015.
timmy

Caught a bit of the WAFL over here in Adelaide up late on ABC. At halftime they broke into highlights from the SANFL, VFL etc and then had interview with a young indigenous lad playing for the Colts at South Fremantle. Mentioned he was a Port Adelaide fan and hopes of one day getting drafted by the club, said he was 15 turning 16 this year, any idea on what his name is?

Caught a bit of the WAFL over here in Adelaide up late on ABC. At halftime they broke into highlights from the SANFL, VFL etc and then had interview with a young indigenous lad playing for the Colts at South Fremantle. Mentioned he was a Port Adelaide fan and hopes of one day getting drafted by the club, said he was 15 turning 16 this year, any idea on what his name is?

Didn't get a look at it, could still check on ABC iView, but could very well be Callum Ah Chee brother of Brendan (though I am not sure if he's been playing colts yet).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back