NRL South Sydney Rabbitohs 2014 Thread

Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Villa, McLaren F1, ENG
2014 Looms as a massive year for us this year, with back to back preliminary final defeats still stinging our boys should be primed for our march to 21.

2014 Draw
  1. utensils (h) THU
  2. Manly (Bluetongue) (a) FRI
  3. Tigpies (a) FRI
  4. Raiders (h) SUN
  5. St Merge (SCG) (a) SAT
  6. Panthers (a) FRI
  7. Dogs (Good Friday) (h) FRI
  8. Broncos (a) FRI
  9. Titans (a) SAT
  10. Storm (h) FRI
  11. Sharks (a) MON
  12. St Merge (h) MON
  13. Warriors (NIB Perth) (h) SAT
  14. Tigpies (h) FRI
  15. BYE
  16. Cowboys (a) SAT
  17. Titans (h) MON
  18. BYE
  19. Eels (a) FRI
  20. Raiders (a) MON
  21. Knights (h) (Cairns) TBA
  22. Manly (h) (SCG) TBA
  23. Broncos (h) TBA
  24. Cowboys (h) TBA
  25. Dogs (a) TBA
  26. utensils (a) TBA

GAINS: Joel Reddy (Wests Tigers), Joe Picker (Raiders), Chris Grevsmuhl (Cowboys), Lote Tuqiri

LOSSES: Nathan Peats (Eels), Roy Asotasi (Warrington Wolves), Matt King (retired), Michael Crocker (retired), Andrew Everingham (Japanese rugby), Justin Hunt (Eels), Dylan Farrell (Dragons), Jeff Lima (Catalans Dragons), Fetuli Talanoa (Hull)

2014 Senior List

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
As of 24/02 Our Membership stands at 25,832, only 1560 short of last year with our target being 30,000 for 2014

With thanks to docker_azza our January membership compared to the rest

00059039-image.jpg

Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Russell Crowe wants James Packer in Rabbits' burrow

Put the Sam Burgess drama to one side for the moment and you'll find the real drama at the Rabbitohs surrounds the interest from James Packer in buying Peter Holmes a Court's share of the club. We are hearing it is causing plenty of chatter at board level and above. There has been speculation owners Russell Crowe and Holmes a Court don't talk - that's rubbish. They speak about the direction of the club, board affairs and community work. If they don't chat about their daily lives, they would not be the first business partners to have a purely formal relationship.
The word coming out of Souths is Crowe wants Holmes a Court to sell to Packer - as it stands Crowe is already in a business relationship with Packer - even outside of the sponsorship arrangement that Souths have with Packer's Crown Resorts. Crowe is shooting a movie in which Packer's company is a principal investor - The Water Diviner. Crowe clearly has a better relationship with Packer than with Holmes a Court and would like him to be part of the club. From my understanding he is not directly involved with discussions between Packer and Holmes a Court - but he is aware of them. Holmes a Court is said to have informed Crowe of discussions. Crowe did not want to discuss the matter when questioned. I sent Holmes a Court a list of questions - including inquiries about suggestions he has upped his asking price since he started talking with Packer. So far he has not replied.
Holmes a Court be conflicted about selling to Packer because he is passionate about Souths. On the Burgess situation, Crowe must be a very understanding and forgiving man to allow the player he is closest to in the Bunnies camp to leave. Crowe has moved mountains for the Burgess family and no doubt considers Sam a close mate. Lesser people than Crowe would be furious at what has taken place.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/russell-crowe-wants-james-packer-in-rabbits-burrow-20140222-33910.html#ixzz2uHdgPHfK

Always thought Packer was a Rooster myself

Druitt Soldier

Team Captain
Oct 30, 2013
Parramatta, NSW
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings
I just hope you guys put up more of a fight then Wigan.

Nah just joking. I know this will be a tough game for us. Always is when we play you guys. I'm going so I'm just hoping to see some really good footy.

Back