Southern FL - 2011/12

Remove this Banner Ad

Didnt want to play with Fev???

Ahh.....thought there was a reason behind it!!:D Who could blame him.:thumbsu:

Seriously a massive pick up for them and should , by rights , dominate the comp. BUT, would he find it a tad harder to have to get his own ball in a lesser standard comp where he wont be given the same 'protection' as he received at New Norfolk, who, have been one of the more dominant sides in Tassie football for a fair while?? A big adjustment in skill and execution might take a while for him to meet everyones expectations??
Also, hasnt he got a bit of a 'holiday' to serve before playing this season??

And as for Weapon, is it stating the obvious to expect him to just about get the 3 votes in every game he plays? Could be a record tally at the end of the year! Ozguy, do you know what the record vote tally is by an ODFA B&F winner?

And as for Weapon, is it stating the obvious to expect him to just about get the 3 votes in every game he plays? Could be a record tally at the end of the year! Ozguy, do you know what the record vote tally is by an ODFA B&F winner?

That would be Sam Foster from Parattah with 41 votes in 1971.

Think the ODFA is playing 15 games this year, so a max 45 for Weap

[
Think the ODFA is playing 15 games this year, so a max 45 for Weap[/quote]

Less the 3 or 4 games suspension he got in last years grand final

I also saw Dave Hunt has a clearance to Claremont.

I'm assuming these are Dual Registrations to their new feeder club as the SFL side is gone!

Yeah, while that's the case with Matthews, Hunt, Spencer, Corbett etc I believe young Hanley, Fewkes and Barwick are being cleared to Claremont full stop.

George Stirling and Simon Lampkin had a run at Dodges last night. Lampkin retired at the end of last year but may have changed his mind. Not sure what Stirlo is up to.

stab at the ladder

kingborough
new norfolk
dodges ferry
brighton
hounville
lindisfarne
claremont
central hawks
cygnet
sorell
east coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. New Norfolk - still the side to beat for me

2. Kingston - big Tim Peterson a handy pick up, will go close back to back

3. Dodges Ferry - Wouldn't write them off just yet

4. Brighton - Todd Willing a good signing, should give midfield first use and with a strong forward line

5. Lindisfarne - haven't heard much just going off last years form

6. Claremont - Kim Excell as coach a boost, so is glenorchy folding

7. Huonville - Haven't heard much...

8. East Coast - Should get a few lauderdale fringe powers throughout the year, will improve

9. Central - Heard they were struggling for numbers but have brown and nibbs so will have a decent engine room

10. Sorell - haven't heard much... Guessing they haven't picked up any??

11. Cygnet - going off their form late last year, will struggle

Reckon Lindisfarne will have a good year. Ditto Brighton. Dodges have some good talls but no depth in the midfield. Blokes that played twos last year will probably be getting a fair few games. ECB should have a decent year...Picked up a number of Lauderdale youngsters.

Dunno how Sorell will finish above Cygnet if the status quo remains from last year. Cygnet were a far better side than Sorell in 2011!

As for Brighton and Todd Willing, looking at the SFL clearances page, it doesn't appear as though Hobart are going to clear Willing any time soon, have already denied the clearance twice.

Dunno how Sorell will finish above Cygnet if the status quo remains from last year. Cygnet were a far better side than Sorell in 2011!

As for Brighton and Todd Willing, looking at the SFL clearances page, it doesn't appear as though Hobart are going to clear Willing any time soon, have already denied the clearance twice.

After seeing sorell in action yesterday would have to agree now... In for a very long year

Luke Swards. Played for Channel years back. Also played 2nd 11 cricket for Tassie but hasnt kicked a footy for 6 or 7 yrs i reckon.

dont think he will worry many teams!!!! Wasnt a bad player, but 6 years is a bloody long time out of the game.

Doesnt he coach the local cricket side down there???

His Brother was a better player for mine, Ben Swards aka Banjo.

Used to love home games back in the day Big Ben, as the white shorts he used to wear away from Snug were bigger than those worn in the 60's by former Collingwood ruckman Ray Gabelich! They were even called "the biggest shorts in Australia" by that noted football scribe Brett Stubbs in the Sunday Tasmanian years ago after Banjo kicked one of his many bags of goals!

He then disappeared without a trace and Channel have not been the same since!

His Brother was a better player for mine, Ben Swards aka Banjo.

Used to love home games back in the day Big Ben, as the white shorts he used to wear away from Snug were bigger than those worn in the 60's by former Collingwood ruckman Ray Gabelich! They were even called "the biggest shorts in Australia" by that noted football scribe Brett Stubbs in the Sunday Tasmanian years ago after Banjo kicked one of his many bags of goals!

He then disappeared without a trace and Channel have not been the same since!

Yes i do believe Banjo was a fair footballer in his day.They were big shorts but he was a big man after all. He is now in Cairns still trying to get that elusive premiership he couldn't get at Channel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back