Southern FL - 2011/12

Remove this Banner Ad

It was RE formed in 1979, *by the way*. Its inception was many years before, despite your later 'guarantee'

Wouldn't want to be getting a home loan from you.

The Lauderdale Football club? or teams representing the area? Sandford? Rokeby? Ralphs bay?

It was RE formed in 1979, *by the way*. Its inception was many years before, despite your later 'guarantee'

Wouldn't want to be getting a home loan from you.

If you want to call a team called Ralphs Bay the Lauderdale Football Club then sure go ahead, I guess that means the Hobart Football Club should include Cannanore, Lefroy and any other team in and around the city does it?

Last edited:
The silence from "The Hero" is quite deafening

Despite whatever you may believe champ I don't spend every minute of every day on here like some whinging and complaining about having my precious little Football Club booted from the league because they simply cant cope (again)

Richmond play East Coast in a trial in 2 weeks, East Coast play Dosa the week after.

Source at East Coast tells me they are getting roughly 35 each night at training. A few new players as well. A few from Lauderdale last year. Reckons they will go pretty well this year. Arent we all March champions this time of year??

I'm hearing Kingston are gone. Norfolk and Claremont will be the standouts after Claremont have spent the bank.

The next 3-4 could be quite even.

If you want to call a team called Ralphs Bay the Lauderdale Football Club then sure go ahead, I guess that means the Hobart Football Club should include Cannanore, Lefroy and any other team in and around the city does it?
Actually I would include Cannanore and Hobart as the one club, just like the AFLTAS Hall of Fame has...

good to see 60 players on the track for hobart tigers,watch the sleeping giant at the TCA

And I hope they go well, my grandfather is a life member of them and am close with the current coach, Its the supporters and people running the club in the past that I cant stand, blaming everyone bar themselves for running a mediocre and lacklustre football club and then wondering why when they get relegated down a level (again)

good to see 60 players on the track for hobart tigers,watch the sleeping giant at the TCA

Got a long way to go after watching them last night, Kingborough, Hobart and Cygnet all played against each other, I know it was only practise game but Cygnet were way ahead of the other two.

Hobart have never been relegated, Hobart like North Hobart and South Launceston were denied licenses to compete in the State League in their own right.
I don’t think anyone who has been involved or supported the club would deny that plenty of mistakes have been made internally, but the club has effectively been a dead man walking for the last 3 and half seasons ever since AFL Tas dropped the bombshell that Hobart would be forced to relocate to Kingborough (funny thing was the condition of the TCA was never an issue prior to and during the whole first season of the state league, but it became an issue as soon as the twin ovals was built) and then we had the that whole 1 city license fiasco.

I think 2015 will really be the season that Hobart will be building towards as they have had to basically get a club from scratch and there has been quite a few restrictions put onto the club for this year only in regards to approaching other SFL players. I have no issue with that but for next season those restrictions won’t be there and the previous uncertainty about whether Hobart will even have numbers to field a side won’t be there as long as they get through this season with enough numbers to field the sides.

Hobart came last in the state league in 1997, in 1998 their first season of the SFL they came about 7 and in 1999 they won the SFL flag by 50 odd points. It helped Hobart regarding regaining and recruiting players that the State league by 1999 was starting fall apart (Southern Districts crashed out halfway through) and I reckon there will be some similar times ahead for the new southern franchises especially if they struggle on the field this season.

Hobart have never been relegated, Hobart like North Hobart and South Launceston were denied licenses to compete in the State League in their own right.
I don’t think anyone who has been involved or supported the club would deny that plenty of mistakes have been made internally, but the club has effectively been a dead man walking for the last 3 and half seasons ever since AFL Tas dropped the bombshell that Hobart would be forced to relocate to Kingborough (funny thing was the condition of the TCA was never an issue prior to and during the whole first season of the state league, but it became an issue as soon as the twin ovals was built) and then we had the that whole 1 city license fiasco.

I think 2015 will really be the season that Hobart will be building towards as they have had to basically get a club from scratch and there has been quite a few restrictions put onto the club for this year only in regards to approaching other SFL players. I have no issue with that but for next season those restrictions won’t be there and the previous uncertainty about whether Hobart will even have numbers to field a side won’t be there as long as they get through this season with enough numbers to field the sides.

Hobart came last in the state league in 1997, in 1998 their first season of the SFL they came about 7 and in 1999 they won the SFL flag by 50 odd points. It helped Hobart regarding regaining and recruiting players that the State league by 1999 was starting fall apart (Southern Districts crashed out halfway through) and I reckon there will be some similar times ahead for the new southern franchises especially if they struggle on the field this season.

Well lets call it not offered a license then or getting the ass, relegated, demoted or whatever you want really makes no difference.

What is the issuere here really ? Halftime, are you a former hobart player ? As you appear to have a serious agenda against them !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the issuere here really ? Halftime, are you a former hobart player ? As you appear to have a serious agenda against them !

Its more a gee up than anything and these clowns keep biting, quite humourous really

Last edited:
Kingborough appearing to be clearing nobody by the looks of the SFL Clearances page.

Unless contracted, can they prevent players heading to Channel en masse? Surely Channel wouldn't sign Jarrod Collis as Senior Coach if he was contractually unable to join them?

Halftimehero, someone give this guy a break, he's got an opinion which is certainly credible to say the least, making numerous attempts to show it is unbiased, but still being treated by Hobart fans like it is his dying wish to see Hobart fold? Perhaps if these Hobartians took the time they are using to have a crack at people who criticise their club, and instead used it at the board table, there would be a lot less to be offended by?

Also heard Ash Sampi trained at Sorell tonight, sat on Kieron Barwick's shoulders.

Halftimehero, someone give this guy a break, he's got an opinion which is certainly credible to say the least, making numerous attempts to show it is unbiased, but still being treated by Hobart fans like it is his dying wish to see Hobart fold? Perhaps if these Hobartians took the time they are using to have a crack at people who criticise their club, and instead used it at the board table, there would be a lot less to be offended by?

Also heard Ash Sampi trained at Sorell tonight, sat on Kieron Barwick's shoulders.

Careful mate you will get called a TWAT if you diss the Hobart footy club on here

Kingborough appearing to be clearing nobody by the looks of the SFL Clearances page.

Unless contracted, can they prevent players heading to Channel en masse? Surely Channel wouldn't sign Jarrod Collis as Senior Coach if he was contractually unable to join them?

Collis isn't contracted to Kingborough, this was always going to happen, why are they going to Channel..... Because they want nothing to do with the new TSL team ( don't blame them ) The kingborough SFL team is made of last years reserve team and being coached by a bloke who has never coached and is only reserves player anyway, will be lucky to win 3 games.

You connected to the eagles mate? Heard there was an unbelievably vicious argument between the old boys team and the seniors. Can you confirm?

You connected to the eagles mate? Heard there was an unbelievably vicious argument between the old boys team and the seniors. Can you confirm?

I can confirm this indeed. I have heard mixed stories on the actual reason behind it but this is what I can gather. The issue was SFC's pride and joy, the beloved Super Rules team, were unfortunately unable to train at their usual training facility, the Westpac Centre, so decided to bring their squad down to Pembroke Park no. 2. Obviously this being the only available venue sizeable enough to facilitate their large squad so this was understandable. The Sorell senior team had planned to train there as well and so there was a bit of a confrontation at hand. Thankfully however just a few rough words were thrown about, which ended in the Super Rules, pressing their authority, taking priority over the ground just as a number of big names threatened to walk out over the incident. SFC seniors conducted a game based full ground session at the newly revamped Sorell Creek, nicknamed 'Pioneers Park.'

Ben Lewis has reportedly been charged with bringing the game into disrepute by the club after exchanging fiery words with the coach and cult figure hero of the Super Rules team.

I can confirm this indeed. I have heard mixed stories on the actual reason behind it but this is what I can gather. The issue was SFC's pride and joy, the beloved Super Rules team, were unfortunately unable to train at their usual training facility, the Westpac Centre, so decided to bring their squad down to Pembroke Park no. 2. Obviously this being the only available venue sizeable enough to facilitate their large squad so this was understandable. The Sorell senior team had planned to train there as well and so there was a bit of a confrontation at hand. Thankfully however just a few rough words were thrown about, which ended in the Super Rules, pressing their authority, taking priority over the ground just as a number of big names threatened to walk out over the incident. SFC seniors conducted a game based full ground session at the newly revamped Sorell Creek, nicknamed 'Pioneers Park.'

Ben Lewis has reportedly been charged with bringing the game into disrepute by the club after exchanging fiery words with the coach and cult figure hero of the Super Rules team.

Cheers mate, heard something similar. Just because he is the coaches son doesn't mean that guy should get away with being lippy towards a champion of the game. Shouldn't be allowed back into the fold after such disrespect.

So the superfools have more of a say than the senior team:confused: Do they realise that there time has been and gone and its time for somebody else ( Young Players ), maybe you should get the super rules to play New Norfolk seeing they are the superior team at Sorell.

Caught 5 mins of Hobart V St Virgils yesterday.......struggling to find any words to describe what I saw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back