Vampires beat Springy by 13+ G
St Pauls beat Chelsea by 3+ G
St Kilda City beat Old Mentonians
Mordy got beaten by Skye 6+G
Highett v Murrumbeena?
Chelsea Heights beat Frankston Bombers by 6 G
Dingley beat Forest Hills by 15 G

2012 PRACTICE MATCHES

Following our solid wins against Highett last week, we have our final hitout's this weekend.

31/3 - Seniors & Reserves Vs Lyndale @ Barry Powell Reserve, Halton Rd Noble Park North, Seniors @ 2pm & Reserves 12pm.

31/3 - Colts Vs Hampton Hammers, Peterson St, Highett, 10am.

M U R R U M B E E N A C O A C H E S

Sounds like Murrmumbeena knocked off Highett. Good effort if so, last years premiers were a quality outfit. Although i think they are going to struggle mixing it with the big boys in d1 this year. Looking at clearences they havent got alot coming in, and quiet a few going out... Anyone know what Williamstown CYMS are like??

March 31st
Chelsea Heights FC x 7+G v Warrandyte FC
St Pauls x 16G v Hampton Rovers Mentone Grammar Playing Fields
St Kilda City v North Footscray
Mordialloc FC v Mornington FC x 14G
Williamstown CYMS v Highett
Dingley v intra club
Mazenod OCFC v Cheltenham x 9 G

April 1st
Clayton FC v Waverley Blues FC
Heatherton FC x 4+G v Bentleigh FC
Frentree Gully v EBFC x 17G

Still can't believe EB's are playing a 4th Divvy side.

Each to their own ay?

Personal relationships resulted in the game being played. Clubs helping clubs rather than any strategic benefit, mates helping each other from what I understand. No real benefit to be gained!. Nothing sinister. According to my sources game was played in good spirit but EB with 14 senior players missing won comfortably as expected. Good for the second and third tier players to show their wares. Given that EB had a stack missing probably no harm done.

Totally fair enough...

Not an ideal last hit out I wouldn'tve thought, but not too much damage done in the end, as EB's could forfeit half the year and still wonder into the top 5 I'd say.

What is the premiership count between Stkilda City and East Brighton Koach with no job? SFL records tend to indicate East Brighton have won more that any other SFL Club and that includes the 3 Richard bought for you.

Heights were missing:

Roberts, Walsh, Gilder, Moor ,Mouritz, Terech, Dalton, Kelly, Banfield & Flack, so it musta been a fair effort.

I was at the game, having not watched the league before (invloved with Edi-Asp in the past), was impressed with the game, even with those out.

Chelsea Hts, didn't win by anywhere near that though, I think it was 6 goals or so.

Was impressed by #18 (midfielder), #4 (ruckman), #1 (full forward); (names?) were probably the best three on the ground for CH imo.

Yeah I believe Waraandyte kicked pretty straight..Like 10.4 or something and the Heights won by 6-7 goals.

18 is Jayden Attard I think. 4 in the ruck i'm gonna guess is Barr..As i think he was the only ruckman who was playing. 1 is Phil Smith.

Parky beat Heatherton by 20+ goals with plenty of kids getting a run in the 2nd half for the Vultures.

The Tonners didn't field a reserves side.

Following these reports I went to check out the Tunners yesterday. I am told that the loss to Parkdale was more in the order of around 7 goals. They had a heap of guys involved in Cricket finals that weekend with Frankston and Heatherton. Yesterday Heatherton easily accounted for Bentleigh with Heatherton sporting a number of very classy recruits. No 8 a speedy small, some good on-ballers, and some tall backs 4, 23, 63 who looked the goods. Seems like Nick Jewell has been able to attract quite a few MPNFL recruits. Bentleigh unveiled a new forward utility no 12, who will be very handy in Div 2. They also seemed to have a good bunch of new youngsters coming through. Bentleigh appeared to lack a little height. In the two's Heatherton had a full complement on the bench so it appears numbers will not be a problem. I have heard that Dingley are shaping up pretty well so the Rd 1 clash could be a beauty.

How ideal was your last hitout. Did you not play a bottom 3rd division side.

Finals 2 years ago, middle of the ladder last year. Probably would've preferred a side either in a higher grade, or higher up the ladder, but you get what you can take.

Still better than a 4th divvy side I would've thought.

Doesn't matter, it was explained why EB played the Gully, thats fine.

Hey guys, just hoping to promote this years ANZAC Luncheon on Saturday 21st April (Rd 2 vs. Mordialloc)

The Cheltenham Football Club ANZAC Luncheon is one of the highlights on the grass roots football calendar.
Past guest speakers have included many important figures in our nations combat history including Army Major General, Alan Stretton.
This year we are extremely lucky to have Roger Chitty as our guest speaker. Roger's father Peter, was the recipient of the 'Changi Brownlow'.

After Singapore fell to the Japanese early in 1942, 70,000 prisoners including 15,000 Australians, were held as POWs at the notorious Changi prison, Singapore.
To amuse themselves and fellow inmates, a group of sportsmen led by the indefatigable and popular 'Chicken' Smallhorn, created an Australian Football League, complete with tribunal, selection panel, umpires and coaches.
The final game of the one and only season was between 'Victoria' and the 'Rest of Australia', which attracted 10,000 spectators, and a unique Brownlow Medal was awarded in this unlikely setting under the curious gaze of Japanese prison guards.

Don't miss this outstanding event. Bookings essential!!

See http://cheltenhamfc.com.au/luncheons.html

Hey guys, just hoping to promote this years ANZAC Luncheon on Saturday 21st April (Rd 2 vs. Mordialloc)

The Cheltenham Football Club ANZAC Luncheon is one of the highlights on the grass roots football calendar.
Past guest speakers have included many important figures in our nations combat history including Army Major General, Alan Stretton.
This year we are extremely lucky to have Roger Chitty as our guest speaker. Roger's father Peter, was the recipient of the 'Changi Brownlow'.

After Singapore fell to the Japanese early in 1942, 70,000 prisoners including 15,000 Australians, were held as POWs at the notorious Changi prison, Singapore.
To amuse themselves and fellow inmates, a group of sportsmen led by the indefatigable and popular 'Chicken' Smallhorn, created an Australian Football League, complete with tribunal, selection panel, umpires and coaches.
The final game of the one and only season was between 'Victoria' and the 'Rest of Australia', which attracted 10,000 spectators, and a unique Brownlow Medal was awarded in this unlikely setting under the curious gaze of Japanese prison guards.

Don't miss this outstanding event. Bookings essential!!

See http://cheltenhamfc.com.au/luncheons.html

Good to see Chelt are still continuing on with their traditional ANZAC Match. I was fortunate enough to play in a couple against Chelt and they do a fantastic job. The Last Post followed by the Anthem before you play was really inspiring.

Great get on the speaker to Super. I have actually read the book titled 'The Changi Brownlow' in regards to the fooball league the POWs set up as part of Changi Prison. Peter Chitty was an amazing man, and it puts life into perspective, considering what we complain about now, compared to what those men and woman went through in WWII. Fantastic read. Highly recommend!!

Looking forward to the season starting after Easter. Hopefully generate some decent footy talk on this forum!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

March 31st
Chelsea Heights FC x 7+G v Warrandyte FC
St Pauls x 16G v Hampton Rovers Mentone Grammar Playing Fields
St Kilda City x 6+ beat North Footscray
Mordialloc FC v Mornington FC x 14G
Williamstown CYMS beat Highett
Dingley v intra club
Mazenod OCFC v Cheltenham x 9 G

April 1st
Clayton FC beaten by Waverley Blues FC
Heatherton FC x 4+G v Bentleigh FC
Frentree Gully v EBFC x 17G

Games updated from the weekend
Hope you all have a good Easter and looking forward to battle vs Clayton Round 1( I hear they are having a ladies day with a top guest speaker )

Teams for 2012 Div 1 SFL with Facebook link and webpage link

Club……………........Facebook…………Webpage...........YouTube..........Mobile App
St Pauls…………... St Pauls.....……....St Pauls

East Brighton…….. East BrightonEast Brighton .......EastBrightonFootball .... Vampires App

St Kilda City…….St Kilda City ..….. St Kilda City..... St Kildacity fc's

Cheltenham………...Cheltenham….…Cheltenham ..... RosellasTV

Chelsea Heights Chelsea Heights Chelsea Heights

Mordialloc……......…Mordialloc……..Mordialloc

Dingley………….......Dingley………….Dingley

Heatherton……....…Heatherton……Heatherton

Clayton…………......Clayton………….Clayton

Highett....…………. Highett………….Highett

SFL Southern Football League ..... Southern Football League ....SFL Mobile App
To check for new Players click here Clearances
Would be good to see that all clubs have a webpage and Facebook page working

Good to see Chelt are still continuing on with their traditional ANZAC Match. I was fortunate enough to play in a couple against Chelt and they do a fantastic job. The Last Post followed by the Anthem before you play was really inspiring.

Great get on the speaker to Super. I have actually read the book titled 'The Changi Brownlow' in regards to the fooball league the POWs set up as part of Changi Prison. Peter Chitty was an amazing man, and it puts life into perspective, considering what we complain about now, compared to what those men and woman went through in WWII. Fantastic read. Highly recommend!!

Looking forward to the season starting after Easter. Hopefully generate some decent footy talk on this forum!

Great stuff Super, Chelt should be congratulated for continuing this on.

Would love it if The Dingoes were fixtured to play on this day. I think that i will go out and get the book, it sounds fantastic.

Tips for R 1 APRIL 14TH
Highett v Cheltenham x9G
St Kilda City v Chelsea Heights x5G
Heatherton v Dingley x8G
Clayton v East Brightonx11pts
Mordialloc v St Paulsx10G

This is how I see the ladder NOW
(yes I know I had a few early goes at this already, but this is how I see it now before Round 1 )

East Brighton:
St Pauls:
Chelsea Heights:
Clayton:
St Kilda City:
Dingley:
Cheltenham:
Mordialloc:
Heatherton:
Highett:

Lock it in

Hope we see the rest of you put your tips in each week, and lets just keep it to football talk on here
Cousin Tiger, Mahalo, JustAnotherMembe, superfreak, homer22,
batfink, The Muse, ROOTA#6, thebird, gotcha1, hawka86,
footyfreak1986,, Mr Insider, The_Shadow, WhoDat, deadset1,
Jetsons, The Chrome Dome, MEAN GENE,

Chelt = 12 goals (highett in for a long year)
ch = 3 goals (city to drop off a little from last year)
dingley = 8 goals (dingoes big improver)
eb = 6 goals (clayton just running out of gas late)
st pauls = 15 goals (st pauls better than last year)

Hope we see the rest of you put your tips in each week, and lets just keep it to football talk on here

i know it must be an error but i dont see my name there .Heatherton have just picked up 8 new players so i have been told some very likely types amongst them my friend tells me.

Chelt over traditional rivals by 8+ Goals
St.Kilda City at home in a cracker by less than 2 Goals
Dingley over the new look Tunners by 5 Goals
East Brighton over Clayton by 12+ Goals
St.Pauls to kick the sweep by 20+ Goals

Ladder (For what its worth)

St.Pauls (Back to Back)
East Brighton
Chelsea Heights
St.Kilda City
Dingley (Fit, Strong, Gun Recruits)

Cheltenham
Clayton
Heatherton
Mordialloc
Highett

League B & F.... A Sawers (Dingley)

My Tips:

St. Paul's by 6 goals
East Brighton by 7 goals
Chelsea Heights by 4 goals
Heatherton at home in an upset by 3 points
Cheltenham by 9 goals

For what its worth:
St. Pauls v East Brighton in a GF reply for 2012. St. Pauls to win.

Great to see footy back!!

Not sure what I can contribute in the way of tips mate seeing as though I only have a passing interest in the SFL through current and ex team mates but I will have a stab in the dark.

St Pauls
St Kilda City (loyalty to my current team mates and ex City boys)
Chelsea Heights
Dingley
Cheltenham

Highett v Cheltenham
St Kilda City v Chelsea Heights
Heatherton v Dingley
Clayton v East Brighton
Mordialloc v St Pauls

First time i've agreed with FG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad