Southern FL Div One 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This new Big Footy format is rubbish, too hard to navigate!

I too found the new format awkward at first, but like every change you'll eventually get used to it. By the looks of it they've tried to make it more iPhone/iPad friendly with a few similar tools thrown in that's similar to facebook. i.e Alerts (notifications), inbox etc

East Brighton way too good for Dingley about 9 goals.
Chelsea will win, 10 goals
City will be ran all day by the Highett but will still win by 6 goals
Clayton pretty easily over Mordi to the tune of 10 goals.

Now for game of the round. Chelt Vs Doggies.

Should be a great game, Dog's with injuries, any word on who is likely to come back for the clash?
Also heard Chelt had a couple of injuries from the weekend, including their captain Brett Cuy with broken ribs, as well as Graham with an ankle? Super maybe you can confirm?
Having asked those questions maybe Chelt boys by a couple of points.

Who were the 2 clubs that are cashed up enough to approach Collo. On another matter i went and watched EB last weekend for the 4th time and noticed that they dont seem to have a reconized ruckman. One of there ruckman from last year who is about 6'8 i have seen doing stats. I he playing this year and where are there other ruckmen. They are the best side ive seen this year ( like last year and we know what happened) but not having a ruckman could count against them in a final.

Who were the 2 clubs that are cashed up enough to approach Collo. On another matter i went and watched EB last weekend for the 4th time and noticed that they dont seem to have a reconized ruckman. One of there ruckman from last year who is about 6'8 i have seen doing stats. I he playing this year and where are there other ruckmen. They are the best side ive seen this year ( like last year and we know what happened) but not having a ruckman could count against them in a final.

The big bloke is injured at present but likely to be right for Dingley. Rumour has it Matt Skehen has signed last week ex Noble and Frankston and at 6' 6 in the old might trouble a few of the fancied clubs.

Skehan has being cleared to E Bri. He has being training the last 5 weeks. If his body holds up he will be a very handy pickup as we had our 3 ruckmen get injured pre-season with only 1 of them to return.

Skehan has being cleared to E Bri. He has being training the last 5 weeks. If his body holds up he will be a very handy pickup as we had our 3 ruckmen get injured pre-season with only 1 of them to return.

Good player at Noble Matt Skehan. Put him in the mix at Hurlingham and the odds shorten considerably when you consider they're undefeated without a recognized big fella. My info is that they're still filthy on losing last year and have had a fairly large attitude shift. But the fat lady isn't even warming the vocals yet! Cheltenham are looking fairly impressive and may go all the way!

The big bloke is injured at present but likely to be right for Dingley. Rumour has it Matt Skehen has signed last week ex Noble and Frankston and at 6' 6 in the old might trouble a few of the fancied clubs.

Most of the top sides have fairly good ruckman.

Gilbert (SP) and Barr (CH) are the standouts in the comp from what I've seen, and had a fairly good battle when they played against each other the first time around, Gilbo probably the best around the ground, Barr is a monster in the taps and is 6"6 size anyway.

Boland's a fairly big body for Chelt and can handle himself, City are a little light on without Quinn, but in terms of the contenders, the ruck isn't an issue for them, apart from EB atm.

My tips for Round 9:
Clayton
St Kilda City
Chelsea Heights
East Brighton
Cheltenham- not sure who St Pauls still have out?? Will be a ripper of a game, when was the last time they dropped 3 games in a row? Maybe back in 2005 when they last missed the finals, but maybe not even? If they lose today, it'll make it hard for them to finish in the top 3.

Good luck everybody

2:10*pm Cheltenham x1G vs St Pauls Jack Barker Oval This is the game of the round and all depends on what players St Paul will still have out. But Chelt are the big improvers this year and are a true contender for the flag, so will be a top game to see
This is the game on 88.3fm today june16th

2:00*pm Clayton x12G vs Mordialloc Meade Reserve*Mordy not looking good and are fav's to be going back to D2
2:00*pm Highett vs St Kilda City x4G Turner Road Reserve*City still have to much class
2:00*pm Chelsea Heights x6G vs Heatherton Beazley Reserve*Great pick ups for Heatherton and is the way to go. To have a few bigger bodies around the ground and show the young blokes what to do (also good for SFL footy)
2:20*pm Dingley vs East Brighton x8G Souter Oval*Dingley have had some big wins against the lower sides and beat a undermanned St Pauls, so this is there big test to see if they have improved or not :D

So enjoy the week off (I know I will)
Very quite in here, doesn't anyone like the new format ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very quite in here, doesn't anyone like the new format ???

Dont know about the new format but i saw a pretty good game of Footy today. The Dingoes played very well and could have won and East Brighton did what they had to do and won by 1 point. Local footy is the winner.

Dont know about the new format but i saw a pretty good game of Footy today. The Dingoes played very well and could have won and East Brighton did what they had to do and won by 1 point. Local footy is the winner.
The Dingoes played a great game and Freeman (no2)was best on the ground and played a great game
We kicked very poorly all over the ground and they made us pay for it

I heard today that they knocked back O'Brien if that is right think again, as that is the player you need in your club

A few more older heads and you will get it right

How did the big fella play? Didn't see him in the goals or best

Was reported in the last quarter.

Played at FF, hardly saw much of it.

Have no idea why they didn't give him a run up the ground, Barr absolutely bent them over all day in the ruck, could have at least tried to nulify him.

The Dingoes nearly pinched it but poor kicking didn't help the Vampires cause. Dingley stuck to their structure well but East Brighton just had a bit too much poise. 2 late goals saw Dingley close the gap but ran out of time. The game was a hard contest and the Dingoes can be well satisfied with their effort. Freeman was by far the best on the ground and strange to see him named at No 6 best. On that performance they'll press hard for a finals berth.

Heard 2 of the 5 best players of the last 20 years from East Brighton ( for SFL 1992-2012)have being knocked back due to poor ethical standards. Any truth to this, and if so a bit disappointing

Heard 2 of the 5 best players of the last 20 years from East Brighton ( for SFL 1992-2012)have being knocked back due to poor ethical standards. Any truth to this, and if so a bit disappointing
Would be surprised if that were the case. Without giving it away 3 have never been reported and all 5 never suspended. 1 frivilous report each on the other 2 in over 500 games combined. 9 B & F's betweeen them. 1 that was reported is an SFL life member. 4 of the 5 have played in Premiership teams, the other in a Runners up. Be a very strange criteria that the selectors are operating with if they excluded any of them on the basis of poor ethical standards. There were quite a few that didn't receive nominations because of their records although on ability they were probably worthy

I'd expect that the majority of the team will be made up from Noble Park, Balwyn, St Kilda City and St Pauls.

Realistically Im not expecting any of our blokes to get in although a couple of them probably have better claims than some who make the team with bigger names.

I'd be surprised if many of the Noble Park and Balwyn players get in as they defected to the EFL and I see this as a promotion of the SFL so I think current member clubs would probably take preference in selection. Maybe wrong, just my guess

The bloke Clarke got 5 weeks suspension, barged into the umps room afterwards and did not hold back after being told by his own blokes to "pull up". Umps arent great but dont deserve this ..I saw him a few weeks back and he struggles - in his defence though Mordi are teribble off field as well no support..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back