Southern FL Div One 2015

Who will win the SFL Div 1 Flag in 2015

• Total voters

perspective

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
You would not be wanting to pay for Cassett's debts, City have improved off field since the days Danny was running around at the farm and I would say this would be a big step backward. I remember the famous catch cry when Cassett was hocking himself - You can sign me and I will kick 100 goals for you or not sign me and I will kick a hundred against you....what a character..

fredbruce1988

Rookie
Suspended
Jan 29, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
You would not be wanting to pay for Cassett's debts, City have improved off field since the days Danny was running around at the farm and I would say this would be a big step backward. I remember the famous catch cry when Cassett was hocking himself - You can sign me and I will kick 100 goals for you or not sign me and I will kick a hundred against you....what a character..

heard the rumour that he once played a practice match for moonee valley. After the game he went to the oppositie rooms and asked how much for game that year lol.

perspective

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fred and Hansie that is a story I have not heard but no doubt depicts the way in which he operates. Mind you back in the day he could play very well, but these days he would struggle big time, although perhaps in a much lower division he could get a few goals but the baggage he brings would not be worth it...

Mahalo

Team Captain
Dec 2, 2009
Premiers
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
If City want to bring Danny back, good luck to them. Who cares, me might just play in the 2's and help some kids come through.

Perhaps East Brighton should think about something similar. At least it would help them field a team.

perspective

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
If City want to bring Danny back, good luck to them. Who cares, me might just play in the 2's and help some kids come through.

Perhaps East Brighton should think about something similar. At least it would help them field a team.
Mahalo I don't reckon Danny would want to play in the Magoos and City would not want to be paying Danny's asking price for him to be playing in the magoos.

Dannerz

All Australian
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Aston Villa
I think he played a 2's game for them when he went back there for a couple of games in 2013.
He then promptly buggered off to the EFL. I think he went to Chirnside Park.

perspective

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes he certainly has had a few clubs, it must be between 10 - 20 I reckon, would anybody know??

perspective

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
These are the clubs that people know he has played for excluding a couple of clubs interstate..Dandenong,Frankston,Bayswater,Rennie,Hampton Park,Bonbeach,Chelsea,Doveton,Parkmore,St Kilda City,Port Melbourne Colts,Moonee Valley,Chirnside Park,Bunyip

Columbian

Debutant
Feb 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Cassett left city last year because they told him he had to play 2's before they would select him for the 1's, so I highly doubt much has changed, going on past posts and comments seems you may have a bitter feelings towards East Brighton.

fredbruce1988

Rookie
Suspended
Jan 29, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Cassett left city last year because they told him he had to play 2's before they would select him for the 1's, so I highly doubt much has changed, going on past posts and comments seems you may have a bitter feelings towards East Brighton.

Cassett won't be playing twos. Pretty sure he only played 1 game for scoresby last year.

perspective

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Agreed no way will he play in the magoos, so he has played for 18 clubs that we know of... nearly a club a year for the time he has played footy at senior level. That is a true journeyman and ...absolutely not a loyal bone in his body. Im not sure if he has learnt to keep his smart mouth shut on the ground because he copped a whack one day at the hands of Brad at Springvale one day for stepping over the line comment wise...

fredbruce1988

Rookie
Suspended
Jan 29, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Agreed no way will he play in the magoos, so he has played for 18 clubs that we know of... nearly a club a year for the time he has played footy at senior level. That is a true journeyman and ...absolutely not a loyal bone in his body. Im not sure if he has learnt to keep his smart mouth shut on the ground because he copped a whack one day at the hands of Brad at Springvale one day for stepping over the line comment wise...

all reports his a grub.

2s Hack

All Australian
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Looks like Chelt have replaced Tongala bound Andrews, Donnell & Martin with a few blokes from the Alberton league, including that of the return of Justin Mills
Great player in his day but would have to be the other side of 35 years old now wouldn't he?

Mighty Mouse

Rookie
Feb 3, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Getting Cassett back is a sign Gamlin was unable to get anyone else to believe his crap. Get ready Div 2 teams, St Kilda City will joining you in 2017.

2s Hack

All Australian
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Getting Cassett back is a sign Gamlin was unable to get anyone else to believe his crap. Get ready Div 2 teams, St Kilda City will joining you in 2017.

An interesting little tid bit in regards to St Kilda City recruits is that they've already had 7 of there recruits' clearances denied from other clubs.

Danny Casset, Aaron Purvis, Mark Tasiyan, Febricko Addi, Tom Looi, Jackson O'Hehir-Vargus & Juan Perriam.

I know its early doors, but you'd think players would have their house in order if they were looking to move clubs, wouldn't you?

Trendmaster13

Cancelled
Aug 5, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Looks like Chelt have replaced Tongala bound Andrews, Donnell & Martin with a few blokes from the Alberton league, including that of the return of Justin Mills
Great player in his day but would have to be the other side of 35 years old now wouldn't he?
All reserve players no quality in whats come over.

The_Koach

Senior List
Oct 15, 2009
black rock
AFL Club
Carlton
Very weak side, even weaker than last year's without Luke James & Rayson. Going to be very ugly

I thought the same. Had a look at the EDFL team, and now cant see SFL getting within 10 goals.

I know being ex-AFL isn't the be all and end all, but some of the talent in the EDFL team will be far too much for the SFL guys to handle.

Back