Who will take out the Div2 Flag in 2015

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jono12

Rookie
May 29, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Any news coming in on how different clubs pre season campaigns are going?
Any losses/recruits for clubs?

Apparently Keysborough have the old brigade back. Gayfer, Walker etc, some good players, all very old tho
Oakleigh District have picked up a fair few apparently. Expect them to be the big mover
Heatherton have also had a lot of changes to there list i believe
Springy Districts have got a few decent pick ups from div3; gough, stacey and morrey from mount waverly.
Doveton the same getting Macklin and kumetatis from div3.

Apparently Caufield have lost a fair few. Expect them to be the slider.

Haven't heard much from Skye, Hampton or Highett. Expect them all to be around the mark again though.
Unsure about murrumbeena aswell.

Last edited:

We (Doveton) have picked up a few and can't wait till round 1. Interesting that Doveton are not listed on the poll above...

Last edited:
We (Doveton) have picked up a few and can't wait till round 1. Interesting that Doveton are not listed on the poll above...
Lack of respect turbo lol
I was talking to a guy from keyszy on sunday at a course who said they have the flag in the bag already hahah.

Highett have picked up quite a few ex St Bedes/Parkdale players with Sam Hecker being the new coach, all around the mid 20's age, they are going the Mordi route.

Rob Swayne is one, he won the Div 1 u/19 league best and fairest a few years back and played in Parkdales flag side.

Apparently Keysborough have the old brigade back. Gayfer, Walker etc, some good players, all very old tho
Oakleigh District have picked up a fair few apparently. Expect them to be the big mover
Heatherton have also had a lot of changes to there list i believe
Springy Districts have got a few decent pick ups from div3; gough, stacey and morrey from mount waverly.
Doveton the same getting Macklin and kumetatis from div3.

Apparently Caufield have lost a fair few. Expect them to be the slider.

Haven't heard much from Skye, Hampton or Highett. Expect them all to be around the mark again though.
Unsure about murrumbeena aswell.

Keysy's Coach Goodes will implement a game style & set plays that Div 2 have not seen before. So that and a combination of older experience big bodies they will take the Silverwear. That saying they would want to save some cash because more than half the side will retire if they do win the flag.

Lack of respect turbo lol
I was talking to a guy from keyszy on sunday at a course who said they have the flag in the bag already hahah.

I reckon that bloke from Keysey is right.

Ladder prediction (basically close my eyes & pointed):

Keysborough
Oakleigh
Springvale
Highett
Heatherton
Skye
Hampton
Murrumbeena
Doveton
Caulfield

Another club hopper has joined the ranks of the Eagles, Rob Kreskas cleared to OD then cleared to Doveton Eagles strange that how many clubs would that be ?

Apparently an A.Goulden trained at hammers last week ex Chelsea heights.. Anyone know much about him?? Possible connection with the coach?? Can the bloke play?

Hey gents,
I'm from Richmond Central FC in D2 of the ammo's.
We're on the lookout for a praccy match on the 21st of March, you need to have a ground available as we can't get one.
Please let me know if this could work for your club.
Sorry for the spam and good luck in 2015.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's your chance to win big bucks in the Bentleigh Football Netball Club footy tipping comp. This is not just you've average footy tipping comp as the more entries there are, the more $$ you win. At the minute first prize takes home $1500 (depending on 50 entries), but we're not happy with that figure, we want to give away double that. All tips for the year must be submitted round 1 (or you can just enter and take the away teams) So click on the link below for more details & start tipping to win big!!

P.s. There's even a prize for coming last

http://bentleighfc.com/footy-tipping/

Whats everyone's Ladder Predictions for this year?
Im gonna go with

1. Oakleigh Districts
2. Skye
3. Springvale Districts
4. Keysborough
5. Heatherton
-----------------------
6. Hampton
7. Caufield
8. Highett
9. Murrumbeena
10. Doveton

Whats everyone's Ladder Predictions for this year?
Im gonna go with

1. Oakleigh Districts
2. Skye
3. Springvale Districts
4. Keysborough
5. Heatherton
-----------------------
6. Hampton
7. Caufield
8. Highett
9. Murrumbeena
10. Doveton

Push Keysborough to the top, put daylight second and you've nailed the order

Push Keysborough to the top, put daylight second and you've nailed the order

What makes you think Keysborough will be so good? From what's being said seems like all the players they have picked up are 30+
Im sure there all very handy but will they all last the distance and have enough legs in the tank come the final part of the year?
Ive always been a bigger fan of the younger, fitter sides
Will be interesting

What makes you think Keysborough will be so good? From what's being said seems like all the players they have picked up are 30+
Im sure there all very handy but will they all last the distance and have enough legs in the tank come the final part of the year?
Ive always been a bigger fan of the younger, fitter sides
Will be interesting
Agree. Walker hasn't played for a few years with bad knees, Gayfer is a good return, Tyson King is a gun and been there all along but struggles to play a full season. I now Cardinia Casey is a much stronger comp than SFL Divvy 2 but I wouldn't be putting their name on the cup yet. Not a lot of pace in their team just bigger bodies.

Agree. Walker hasn't played for a few years with bad knees, Gayfer is a good return, Tyson King is a gun and been there all along but struggles to play a full season. I now Cardinia Casey is a much stronger comp than SFL Divvy 2 but I wouldn't be putting their name on the cup yet. Not a lot of pace in their team just bigger bodies.
Agreed, Casey is a stronger comp but they were not at the pointy end of it. They were beaten by 15+ goals most weeks.

I expect them to be very strong but no certainty to win the flag at this stage

I can tell you Kreskas had plenty of references from people in senior positions at several clubs and several leagues. It was a well put together appeal. The Sheedy reference was one of many. He certainly hasn't been lured to the eagles with huge dollars either.

It was a well put together appeal but my mail is there is certainly no way he would of got off if it wasn't for Sheedy and another OD person that the AFL contacted, the AFL basically cleared Kreskas to play with Sheedy. Not sure why Sheedy and OD went to the effort to help Kreskas. Apparently the AFL are not happy that he has changed clubs and are looking into there decision watch this space. Doveton have done so well in the last couple of years, unfortunately when Kreskas gets targeted and gets rubbed out for good it won't be good publicity for Doveton.

It was a well put together appeal but my mail is there is certainly no way he would of got off if it wasn't for Sheedy and another OD person that the AFL contacted, the AFL basically cleared Kreskas to play with Sheedy. Not sure why Sheedy and OD went to the effort to help Kreskas. Apparently the AFL are not happy that he has changed clubs and are looking into there decision watch this space. Doveton have done so well in the last couple of years, unfortunately when Kreskas gets targeted and gets rubbed out for good it won't be good publicity for Doveton.

100 percent fact 20 references, 3 witness ,2 people from oakleigh a pretty small minority,even though he was very great full for them ,Kreskas had plenty of references from MANY people in senior positions at several clubs and several leagues ,dont you clowns understand that.
He was guaranteed to get off he was told before the hearing, his refere
nces were first class,kreskas had his own legal representation which wasnt cheap,he also put the bond up his own witnesses sheeds OFFERED to be one of them,where is Oakleigh involved in all this ...................
Watch this space..........................Kreskas is free play anywhere he likes his been cleared by Afl vic ,they couldn't give a rats ass where he plays
MOVE ON

Last edited:
100 percent fact 20 references, 3 witness ,2 people from oakleigh a pretty small minority,even though he was very great full for them ,Kreskas had plenty of references from MANY people in senior positions at several clubs and several leagues ,dont you clowns understand that.
nces were first class,kreskas had his own legal representation which wasnt cheap,he also put the bond up his own witnesses sheeds OFFERED to be one of them,where is Oakleigh involved in all this ...................
Watch this space..........................Kreskas is free play anywhere he likes his been cleared by Afl vic ,they couldn't give a rats ass where he plays
MOVE ON

It won't be long before the SFL are looking into Oakleigh lodging clearances without paper work and confirmation from players :D

MOVE ON

MOVE ON

Mate come on guaranteed to get off lol, good luck to Kreskas getting off. It's good to see good players running around in the SFL it might only be for a few week. I wonder if Robbie will play round 1 against Keysy, then round 2 Caufield and 3 Sky? If he does and gets through those 3 rounds good on him. Pretty tough 3 games for Robbie.

With the clearance thing it looks like he was cleared back in early February, if it was done illegally not sure why he was training at Oakleigh right up to last week strange that.

Back