Southern FL Div Two 2015

Who will take out the Div2 Flag in 2015

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

14th - Doveton V Burnside at power reserve
20th (Friday night) - Doveton V Mount Waverley at power reserve
28th - Doveton V Yarra junction at Yarra junction

St Mary's FC (NFL Div 3) looking for a practice match this Saturday 14th. Had one booked in but opposition pulled out yesterday arvo. If interested, Senior Coach Con Borg can be contacted on 0420 909 153.

Any news from Div2 teams praccy games so far?
Results? Teams that looked strong/weak?

Will be interested in seeing how Springvale go against Prahran this Saturday at their deck.
Should be a good test for them, Prahran have always been a strong side.

Any news from Div2 teams praccy games so far?
Results? Teams that looked strong/weak?

Will be interested in seeing how Springvale go against Prahran this Saturday at their deck.
Should be a good test for them, Prahran have always been a strong side.

I believe Caulfield beat Highett in the one's and two's last Saturday from what I read. Someone with more info can correct if this is wrong. I know they are playing Mordi at Mordi this Saturday.

You would expect a top division 2 team to beat a mid table division 3 side by a fair wack. Anyone from Black Rock on here want to weigh in? Did you field a strong side?
Black rock looked very young heard they were missing 8-10 with cricket, keysborough will be mid table, lack defensive pressure, very predictable .... Can see why they were a bottom team in stronger league....

So practice game results so far have been:

Doveton def Mount Waverley by 10 points
Keysborough def Black Rock by 70 points
Springvale def by Prahran Assumption by 20 points
Caufield def Highett

Heard Springvale were very good in the first quarter against Prahran, with some of there new pick ups playing very well. They led by 5 goals at quarter time apparently, But faded after that and were convincingly over run by Prahran. Prahran are a D1 Ammo side though, so was always gonna be a big test.

Keysborough put away Black Rock as they should. However, reports say they looked old and slow, and that they were not as impressive as people have been predicting.

I watched the Doveton vs Mount game, an even contest that was extremely scrappy. Not a good sign for Doveton that they couldn't convincingly outplay a depleted Mount from last year.

Haven't heard much about the Highett vs Caufield game, other than it was a pretty tight contest.

Anyone know any other results/reports from other teams praccy games in the comp?

Black rock looked very young heard they were missing 8-10 with cricket, keysborough will be mid table, lack defensive pressure, very predictable .... Can see why they were a bottom team in stronger league....

Keysborough will be Div. 1 within 3 years, maybe 2!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caufield def Highett

Heard Springvale were very good in the first quarter against Prahran, with some of there new pick ups playing very well. They led by 5 goals at quarter time apparently, But faded after that and were convincingly over run by Prahran. Prahran are a D1 Ammo side though, so was always gonna be a big test.

Keysborough put away Black Rock as they should. However, reports say they looked old and slow, and that they were not as impressive as people have been predicting.

I watched the Doveton vs Mount game, an even contest that was extremely scrappy. Not a good sign for Doveton that they couldn't convincingly outplay a depleted Mount from last year.

Haven't heard much about the Highett vs Caufield game, other than it was a pretty tight contest.

Anyone know any other results/reports from other teams praccy games in the comp?

You would think Springvale would be happy with that result? Only 3 goals to a div 1 ammo side, add to that they were missing there biggest recruit Gough.

Caufield def Highett

I went down and had a look at Caulfield v Mordialloc on Saturday. Great weather, great ground.

End result was a 10 goal plus win to Mordialloc in. While that seems like a bit of a pasting, a few things have to be taken into consideration.

Caulfield had 15 players missing and this was an unscheduled, bit of a last minute fixture. I'm sure Mordialloc had a few outs as well.

Caulfield were pretty competitive early but had only two available on the bench. A knee injury just after quarter time brought that down to one player available to rotate, whereas Mordialloc had 5 or 6.

Mordialloc are well coached and led by Anstey and play their ground well. They have a couple of handy forwards also. Their decision making was superior to Caulfield's. However they were made to earn every kick.

The game was played in good spirits and was enjoyable to watch. Caulfield's new coach seems very capable and they have a few handy recruits.

Mordialloc are an good side to watch, with their quality ball movement, when they are on song. The earlier poster who said Caulfield will be the big slider in Division Two is sadly mistaken. They will be very competitive.

Love to hear a view of this hit out from a Mordialloc perspective.

How did the OD and CPL praccy match go would be interested to see how OD side went considering the foreign legion that has come in.

C grade would be. Top SFL div 1 teams would be bottom of b grade.
I think you are selling SFL Div. 1 short Super. Top teams would be competitive in B Grade every day of the week.

You have to take the top 2 teams of a division and divide it by the bottom 2 in the division to get some kind of standard. So last year say Dingley / Heatherton. Doesn't look that great

I think you are selling SFL Div. 1 short Super. Top teams would be competitive in B Grade every day of the week.

The SFL rep team lost to a B grade VAFA team last weekend. The top few teams might be competitive but the others would be smashed.

Back