Southern FNL Div One 2016

Who will win the SFNL Div 1 Flag in 2016

• Total voters
No inflated numbers or contributions super, 4 years of playing finals has helped the club with sponsors and crowds which helps the bank balance. How are your boys going, any big recruits?
Only ask the question as heard recently that 10 blokes chucked in $10k each (loaned) to get the club out of a large debt. Must have been a furphy...

Some AFL clubs dont make $50k profits, so its a good effort if thats the case.

Not sure on our blokes, have been away a bit over past few months. Hope they are going OK.

Mahalo

Team Captain
Dec 2, 2009
Premiers
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
This year we have 7 Netball Sides so I wouldn't have thought that would be the case. We get the odd player complain about fees. Not just Netballers but also our 3rd's/Superules ect. Our fees are probably only $50 on average more than other clubs. Fortunately we are in a position where we don't need to attract players with lower subs.

Dingley isn't the only club that cops some complaints from players when it comes to paying fees.

Some of the players have valid points but at the end of the day the players have a choice of staying with our club and enjoying the ride or leave your mates and go elsewhere! Going by the numbers around the place, most are staying.

MySharpie

Draftee
Jan 14, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
But it would seem that the Dingley netballers are airing the frustrations and getting tired of paying exorbitant subs of $300 per player, to prop up the football side, with little in return.

That's a lot for the Netballer's to pay, too much.

The talk is that the standard will fall away this year which is sh#t to hear, but has anyone heard what new recruits will be playing this year for each club?

Den77

Draftee
Jan 14, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Only ask the question as heard recently that 10 blokes chucked in $10k each (loaned) to get the club out of a large debt. Must have been a furphy...

Some AFL clubs dont make $50k profits, so its a good effort if thats the case.

Not sure on our blokes, have been away a bit over past few months. Hope they are going OK.
yeah lots of rumours on here super that's all they are. I played at dingley for 20 years and remember the beatings we used to cop before we came to SFL so it's good to see the club up and about both on and off the field. Hopefully chelt get there act together and climb back up the ladder. I've heard of these 2 guys from noble coming to dingley, can someone tell me if there any good?

MySharpie

Draftee
Jan 14, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Clayton have picked up 2 great players in Lee Boyle & Trent Papworth from Narre Warren

Michael Dewar (Old Brighton) joining his brother Andrew at Cheltenham

Thanks, i'm not up to date with Narre Warren and the SEFL. Their playing stats are nice, and get mentioned a good amount in reports. Clayton should be going one better this year.
Michael dewar, that's a big recruit for Cheltenham with his level of skill. Opposition teams in the VAFA Premier Div and B Grade target him as a player they need to stop, he should do very well. This could see Chelt defeat some handy teams.

any other pick ups or rumours?

sierra

Senior List
Nov 22, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Looking for an experienced ruckman who is willing to make a move across to Vic Metro Premier Club. Potential employment and accommodation as part of package, PM if any interest.

Active Feet

Draftee
Dec 3, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Clearances have opended, so will have a crack at what the ladder will look like

Dingley - Have lost more talent than recruited, but still streaks ahead.

St Pauls - Looking like they will survive the inital backlash from the Richard Houston appoitment
East Malvern - Hearing they have lost a few, but will still have a handy list on paper
Cheltenham - Have advertised their recruits online and look like some handy types
Bentleigh - Went big on a couple of recruits. Should steady them up, along with a another year into their young side
Clayton - Picked up a some handy recruits, but think they will just fall short of finals again

Mordialloc - Alot of players cleared out/having year off after Anstey left
St Kilda City - Nice pick up with Ricky Thompson, but have lost plenty of talent
Oakleigh Districts - Will be competitive
East Brighton - Hopefully they can get through the season without folding

Aug 2, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Clearances have opended, so will have a crack at what the ladder will look like

Dingley - Have lost more talent than recruited, but still streaks ahead.

St Pauls - Looking like they will survive the inital backlash from the Richard Houston appoitment
East Malvern - Hearing they have lost a few, but will still have a handy list on paper
Cheltenham - Have advertised their recruits online and look like some handy types
Bentleigh - Went big on a couple of recruits. Should steady them up, along with a another year into their young side
Clayton - Picked up a some handy recruits, but think they will just fall short of finals again

Mordialloc - Alot of players cleared out/having year off after Anstey left
St Kilda City - Nice pick up with Ricky Thompson, but have lost plenty of talent
Oakleigh Districts - Will be competitive
East Brighton - Hopefully they can get through the season without folding

who are the players from Mordi that have cleared out?

Boss Hogg

Cancelled
Dec 8, 2011
Hazzard County
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This might be a futile exercise because I don't know the quality of the incomings or outgoings but 2 weeks in the numbers tell an interesting story

Club Outs. Ins. Diff

Bentleigh: 4 9 +5
Cheltenham 4 26 +22
Clayton 6 4 -2
Dingley 9 7 -2
East Brighton 9 0 -9
East Malvern 6 4 -2
Mordialloc 3 0 -3
Oakleigh Dist 2 2 0
St Kilda city 7 14 +7
St Pauls 6 6 0

Some clubs holding the cards close to their chest with little movement?

Mahalo

Team Captain
Dec 2, 2009
Premiers
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Who's got who in Practice Matches?

I would tell you who the Dingoes are playing but I cannot find it anywhere although I believe Frankston YCW may be one.

The New Link

Debutant
Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

I would tell you who the Dingoes are playing but I cannot find it anywhere although I believe Frankston YCW may be one.
Dingley has two
vs Frankston YCW March 19th at Home
vs Narre Warren on April 2nd at Narre Warren

Blood Stained Angels

Team Captain
Mar 30, 2009
In a house
AFL Club
Sydney
This might be a futile exercise because I don't know the quality of the incomings or outgoings but 2 weeks in the numbers tell an interesting story

Club Outs. Ins. Diff

Bentleigh: 4 9 +5
Cheltenham 4 26 +22
Clayton 6 4 -2
Dingley 9 7 -2
East Brighton 9 0 -9
East Malvern 6 4 -2
Mordialloc 3 0 -3
Oakleigh Dist 2 2 0
St Kilda city 7 14 +7
St Pauls 6 6 0

Some clubs holding the cards close to their chest with little movement?
Stkilda City offering money to 18 and 19 year olds doesn't say too much about their credibility. Rumour is also they have approached a couple of Vampire players '' whats left of them '' and their cap is nearly full.

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Stkilda City offering money to 18 and 19 year olds doesn't say too much about their credibility. Rumour is also they have approached a couple of Vampire players '' whats left of them '' and their cap is nearly full.

Hey BSA, I'm a visitor to this thread but what's the issue with offering money to 18 & 19 year olds as long as they are out of juniors and moving into seniors. If they are any good there current club should be trying to keep them I would like to think. What I've found is clubs can overlook there own. What we found was to sign them to contacts near the end of there season in 18s. Most kids then feel appreciated and often sign for "fair" payments as they are your future.

On another note will Port Colts coming into the SFL affect SK City in any way? I know they are in div2 but SK City had that area to themselves yes!

Langers is Life

Team Captain
Feb 18, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
GWS

Bentleigh are versing Mordi and St.Paul's late march/ Early April

Back