Southern Football League (Vic) Division 3 Seniors & Reserves 2015

2015 Premiership

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

"Sandown will look at erecting temporary fencing at Edinburgh Reserve to charge spectators an entrance fee".

Can they do that? Surely if they try, the league will want a cut. Can't have all SFL games free except 1. I'd be pissed playing for Lyndale and having to pay to get in to play. (Yes, I'm aware you pay to get in to away games for country footy)

It will
"Sandown will look at erecting temporary fencing at Edinburgh Reserve to charge spectators an entrance fee".

Can they do that? Surely if they try, the league will want a cut. Can't have all SFL games free except 1. I'd be pissed playing for Lyndale and having to pay to get in to play. (Yes, I'm aware you pay to get in to away games for country footy)
it will just entice more club supporters to become members, as long as you're a player or member and have membership card then you will get in just by showing the card, Chelsea Heights charge people to go watch and to park around the ground, I think Clayton do as well...

Moordialloc, Springvale, heatherton, easy Malvern (sometimes) all charge you to get in of you're not a player or member of home or competing club, couldn't imagine the SFL trying to claim a cut of gate takings seeing how small some of the crowds are at sfl games.

It will
it will just entice more club supporters to become members, as long as you're a player or member and have membership card then you will get in just by showing the card, Chelsea Heights charge people to go watch and to park around the ground, I think Clayton do as well...

Hmmm... I'm getting a whiff of something NQR here. " We will work out the logistics later"? A coach of a side will walk away for a one off game? It smacks of a savvy media man planting a story to generate some publicity.

Hmmm... I'm getting a whiff of something NQR here. " We will work out the logistics later"? A coach of a side will walk away for a one off game? It smacks of a savvy media man planting a story to generate some publicity.

I think it is written that way due to the speed to how this happened. Lyndale were aware of this mid to late last week and it required their assistance to make it happen.

St Mary's FC (NFL Div 3) looking for a practice match this Saturday 14th. Had one booked in but opposition pulled out yesterday arvo. If interested, Senior Coach Con Borg can be contacted on 0420 909 153.

So which clubs have improved their depth this year? I couldn't care less if a club have recruited 1 or 2 "guns" as we all know 1 or 2 players don't win you a flag. All sides have 1-5 players that are very good and consistent. Picking up 5-7 solid players that slot straight into your best 18 is far more valuable IMO.
Thoughts?

we might have - haven't been training but had a lot of blokes from else where training with us...for a team that won 6 games or whatever i'd assume we'd have 5 our of those who will slot into the 1's...this is going on talking to some blokes at a weekend camp we had a couple of weeks ago...i know our 2's will be stronger though

we might have - haven't been training but had a lot of blokes from else where training with us...for a team that won 6 games or whatever i'd assume we'd have 5 our of those who will slot into the 1's...this is going on talking to some blokes at a weekend camp we had a couple of weeks ago...i know our 2's will be stronger though
I think there are a lot of unknowns , with top sides losing a bit of quality it could actually even up the comp in my opinion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who's the best 5 in the league this year?

1. Barr
2. Williams
3. Mouritz
4. Newton
5. Beecroft

Barr best player in the Division 3? No. I would pick 10 blokes before even considering him, take him out and move Williams to 1. I think Lello sneaks into the 5.

I agree with lello and add Wilkin over mouritz... Wilkin was dominating that grand final and is a more versatile player.

If you had to pick a best 22 then Wilkin would go before Mouritz, he's more versatile. Can go forward, back or dominate in the ruck and around the ground. Mouritz is a dime a dozen midfielder

Back