Southern Football League (Vic) Division 3 Seniors & Reserves 2015

2015 Premiership

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

End Hills played Glen Orden (WRFL DIV 2 Finalists) and won by a 7 points. Both side probably had 5-6 blokes missing.
Reserves got beaten by 5 points. But only had 18 players.
Fantastic set up out at glen Orden and great hospitality. Credit to their league

Watched mount and Doveton last night. Doveton the clearly better side with 8-10 starters missing.
Mounts losses have heavily impacted their game plan & ball movement. Will be interesting to see how they go after losing 150+ goals out of their side.

End Hills played Glen Orden (WRFL DIV 2 Finalists) and won by a 7 points. Both side probably had 5-6 blokes missing.
Reserves got beaten by 5 points. But only had 18 players.
Fantastic set up out at glen Orden and great hospitality. Credit to their league

Watched mount and Doveton last night. Doveton the clearly better side with 8-10 starters missing.
Mounts losses have heavily impacted their game plan & ball movement. Will be interesting to see how they go after losing 150+ goals out of their side.

Also watched the Mount v Doveton game last night, to say either team was 'better' is wrong. Both teams were VERY ordinary, don't know if it was the lights or just being a practice match but if they put that kind of performance on the field in 2015, div 2 or 3 they will get a touch up! I noticed Beecroft wasn't playing for Mount, has he gone elsewhere? Mount looked the better side around the ground but just had nothing up forward what so ever. Gough is a big hole to fill, literally.

Also watched the Mount v Doveton game last night, to say either team was 'better' is wrong. Both teams were VERY ordinary, don't know if it was the lights or just being a practice match but if they put that kind of performance on the field in 2015, div 2 or 3 they will get a touch up! I noticed Beecroft wasn't playing for Mount, has he gone elsewhere? Mount looked the better side around the ground but just had nothing up forward what so ever. Gough is a big hole to fill, literally.
Should have come over and introduced yourself...

Who are you affiliated with mate? I honestly don't think div 2 vafa is good at all... it's essentially div 5... I remember Richmond Centrals being really tall... same this year?
Reserves were fairly tall, seniors not so much, affiliated with EDFL ex-sfl

After playing in the game last night its fair to say it felt scrappy and very much resembled 2 sides in need of match fitness. To say either team had the better of one another would be a lie as due to the lighting (tough to differentiate between jumpers), the ball which was one pump away from popping and a dew settling in conditions weren't conducive to attractive football but from a Mount perspective we had about 8 out due to cricket and travels and we're looking to pick things up in the coming weeks with an intra club next weekend.

After playing in the game last night its fair to say it felt scrappy and very much resembled 2 sides in need of match fitness. To say either team had the better of one another would be a lie as due to the lighting (tough to differentiate between jumpers), the ball which was one pump away from popping and a dew settling in conditions weren't conducive to attractive football but from a Mount perspective we had about 8 out due to cricket and travels and we're looking to pick things up in the coming weeks with an intra club next weekend.
Yeah, very difficult conditions especially with the lighting. Half time was easier after we turned our jumpers inside out and the ball was bloody hard...
we had no bench and had to bring players up due to cricket / commitments etc. I still think mount will be right up there this year. The big loss is indeed Gough though. He straightened them up and gave them a focal point. Not sure where Rickard was last night. If he has indeed gone he will be their second biggest loss...

Yeah, very difficult conditions especially with the lighting. Half time was easier after we turned our jumpers inside out and the ball was bloody hard...
we had no bench and had to bring players up due to cricket / commitments etc. I still think mount will be right up there this year. The big loss is indeed Gough though. He straightened them up and gave them a focal point. Not sure where Rickard was last night. If he has indeed gone he will be their second biggest loss...

No doubt about Goughs loss but will be an opportunity for others to pick up the slack as the long bomb get out of jail kick will no longer be an option. Rickards still undecided as he's getting on a bit but with his brother in the side hopefully he'll be back. Appreciate you hosting us the other night mate the deck and rooms in particular were spot on.

Yeah I posted that, what would you like to know?
Having watched BR and keysborough I would say BR have lost a lot of players but at same time I think keysborough will be middle road div 2.... Keysborough seemed very predictable , BR very young....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Powerhouse Facebook page reads:
PHFC Update:

Power House FC have defeated Lyndale Football Club in their practice match yesterday at Noble Park. PHFC 8.13.61 def Lyndale 3.5.23.

I'm not sure Lyndale scores 71 points over the six periods, let alone won by that many.

But that's the thing with practice matches...

Powerhouse Facebook page reads:
PHFC Update:

Power House FC have defeated Lyndale Football Club in their practice match yesterday at Noble Park. PHFC 8.13.61 def Lyndale 3.5.23.

I'm not sure Lyndale scores 71 points over the six periods, let alone won by that many.

But that's the thing with practice matches...

Polesmoker and Private Hudson aren't the same person but they do share the same bed.
Powerhouse far too tall around the ground for the Pumas but as you do in practice matches it is about throwing combinations out there and seeing if it works. Score in the first 3 quarters was similar but in Lyndale's favour. Like every club we have quite a few more coming in to play this Saturday.

Who are you affiliated with mate? I honestly don't think div 2 vafa is good at all... it's essentially div 5... I remember Richmond Centrals being really tall... same this year?
You fail to remember c grade Amos is div 1 standard. St.kevs b grade beat the sfl rep side last week. Enough said.

Back