Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Aston Villa
Agassi_choke1.jpg

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Haha, sweet god.

What the **** were Mount doing in the first? Kicking into a 4 goal breeze, they throw their whole strategy for the year out the window and play Wilkin forward? He hardly got a touch and Black Rock kick 50% of the days goals in that qtr, they bottled it right there.

After there antics on here during the year though, couldnt happen to a better bunch of blokes.

Congrats to BR, best team all year, in saying that, having watched Div 2 finals, they'd want to recruit heavily.

Last edited:

localfoots

Senior List
Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Why Wilkin didn't play across half back in that first quarter is beyond me? It lost them the game.. spare men picking off mount entries into the wind all day was the key, out coached.
#14 barely touched it, either did the fat bloke in the middle. Skinny bloke in the back line for mount tried hard all day, stood out and had plenty of it but wow his skills are ordinary!

#47 for BR clearly bog, only thing the umpires got right all day..

Enjoy the drinks BR, your in for a tough year in 2016...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave g

Senior List
Dec 5, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong

Why Wilkin didn't play across half back in that first quarter is beyond me? It lost them the game.. spare men picking off mount entries into the wind all day was the key, out coached.
#14 barely touched it, either did the fat bloke in the middle. Skinny bloke in the back line for mount tried hard all day, stood out and had plenty of it but wow his skills are ordinary!

#47 for BR clearly bog, only thing the umpires got right all day..

Enjoy the drinks BR, your in for a tough year in 2016...
What do u call a car with an automatic choke.... Mount Waverley ! Lol

Dave g

Senior List
Dec 5, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Where is the big fella goughy? Heard he is celebrating as can go back to div 3 and dominate again?

BallsOfSteel

Rookie
Aug 24, 2007
The Sanctuary
AFL Club
GWS
What the **** were Mount doing in the first? Kicking into a 4 goal breeze, they throw their whole strategy for the year out the window and play Wilkin forward? He hardly got a touch and Black Rock kick 50% of the days goals in that qtr, they bottled it right there.

Spot on right there. Wilkin forward & Galle in the backline was a terrible move. Match lost right there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BallsOfSteel

Rookie
Aug 24, 2007
The Sanctuary
AFL Club
GWS
Thought I'd better update the list. Now lost 6 of the past 10 Grand Finals. Colliwobbles got nothing on Mount!

2006 EF v Black Rock
2007 GF v Black Rock
2008 PF v Canterbury
2009 GF vs Skye
2010 GF vs Hampton
2011 GF vs Southern Dragons
2012 EF vs Ashwood
2013 SF vs Dandenong
2014 GF vs CPL
2015 GF vs Black Rock

jay1987

Rookie
Feb 13, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Credit to black rock they were the better team today and all year they were!! 3 yrs in the making the earned it and were the better team on the day good luck to them next year!!! I love it how you love to hang it on mount but for a team that lost 8 of there top 10 bf to even make the granny was a massive effort! Who at the start of the thought they would make the grand final let alone finals???

oldnuts

Rookie
Sep 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Credit to black rock they were the better team today and all year they were!! 3 yrs in the making the earned it and were the better team on the day good luck to them next year!!! I love it how you love to hang it on mount but for a team that lost 8 of there top 10 bf to even make the granny was a massive effort! Who at the start of the thought they would make the grand final let alone finals???
I thought you'd make, i figured you'll be your cocky arrogant selves during the course of the year and i knew you would choke...again. No matter what way you trie to paint it numbers dont lie. The only legacy this team has left is a legacy of giving up. You sir are a generation of losers. Enjoy.

oldnuts

Rookie
Sep 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I thought you'd make, i figured you'll be your cocky arrogant selves during the course of the year and i knew you would choke...again. No matter what way you trie to paint it numbers dont lie. The only legacy this team has left is a legacy of giving up. You sir are a generation of losers. Enjoy.
*try..

Tiggies1990

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Must say it is a great effort to make the granny losing 8-10 blokes and then not picking up any players at all to replace them...

Dave g

Senior List
Dec 5, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Must say it is a great effort to make the granny losing 8-10 blokes and then not picking up any players at all to replace them...
They picked up a few players to replace them but still a massive effort.... I think it's fair to say Krieger from black rock has got wilkin covered as best player in the comp... He destroyed mount yesterday ....

2s Hack

All Australian
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
They picked up a few players to replace them but still a massive effort.... I think it's fair to say Krieger from black rock has got wilkin covered as best player in the comp... He destroyed mount yesterday ....
An ex AFL rookie listed player playing Div 3 will probably do that

NUTHINBUTTRUTH

Draftee
Aug 31, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Few observations from yesterday
- mount lost it in the first qtr
57 tried to man up williams he had 10 touches and kicked 2 which set the tone
It was over after that
- Galle at full back and wilkin FF massive panic attack and ended in 9 shots to 2.
- little no.6 big mouth with no output as with big beecroft being belted by Krieger whos a midfielder and not a ruckman.
- dirty tactics after the play costed in a few downfields which tipifies why MW are where they are.
- too many passengers in MW side who were unable to influence the game, ie: 35 on the wing, 42 was way too unfit wilkin had a stinking finals series and should hang em up, he's the common dominator in the constant failure of that club.
Can't argue with stats

localfoots

Senior List
Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Did anyone get down to Springvale today and watch some genuinely good football, now that's what you call choking.. 48 points up in a prelim and get done by 5 goals

fabio222

Draftee
Jun 16, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Did anyone get down to Springvale today and watch some genuinely good football, now that's what you call choking.. 48 points up in a prelim and get done by 5 goals

It was a bit of a choke but when you have players like Josh Jewell at full back beating a guy that is a good foot taller and at least 30kg heavier it just sums up the quality of the Mordialloc side. They won it for themselves and from what everyone at the ground saw the only reason it wasn't a bigger margin was because the boys took a while to switch on.

localfoots

Senior List
Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
It was a bit of a choke but when you have players like Josh Jewell at full back beating a guy that is a good foot taller and at least 30kg heavier it just sums up the quality of the Mordialloc side. They won it for themselves and from what everyone at the ground saw the only reason it wasn't a bigger margin was because the boys took a while to switch on.

We are talking about East Brighton here, 8 goals up in a prelim.. that side is experienced enough to lock a game down when it gets to that point??! All credit to Mordi they played great football but surely being up that much and almost losing by as much is a choke.
Imagine if Mordi go back to back flags div 2, div 1.. unbelievable

Back