Southern Football League (Vic) Division 3 Seniors & Reserves 2015

2015 Premiership

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

WTF you just stated what a great job the Springvale recruiter did in taking the Div 3 league B & F and goalkicker + all the other players snapped up by higher division clubs cashed up after hosting finals and your critising Div 3 clubs for not recruiting. You are like a vulture waiting for div 3 to do the hard work so you can swoop in a years time. Sorry the pickings may be less next year snah.

Hate to say it but the league is absolutly stuffed when clubs feed off their own.

Did any Div 3 club host finals last year or previous 4-5?...love to know
You missed the point i was saying are these clubs struggling to recruit & for what reason,as for as D3 clubs hosting finals only only 1 ground suitable and that's Hallam and they are a miss fit management that cant even get there club in order.

Bounceback obviously associated with either Lyndale or Mount suck it up.

couldn't have said it better. 'Bounceback' into your hole, you speak rubbish and scream of jealousy.

Another intelligent relevant post Hooker.

From a club that destroyed the most important day for Div3 last year and bring discredit to all the hard working people at the clubs and league I wouldn't be mouthing off too much princess.

Both you and trendy miss the point, the richer clubs get propped up by Finals football and then go on and get richer.

Here is an idea for Cannizzo (I will type slowly Hooker and Trend so you can keep up).

Why not find the best three grounds in SFL in terms of facilities, parking etc etc and then as normal allocate a Division to that ground (not the club) and have EVERY club involved in that division run the finals and then split the profits?. This is better than current tender process where 70% of member clubs do not get a look in for finals.

As example (as stated Hooker and Trend it is just an example) Div 3 finals play at Hallam. The league collects the gate revenue in compensation for the tender bid revenue. They pay for security out of this and gives them a healthy profit

The league also through their massive purchasing power across the 3 divisions, source all food, drink and any vendors for the total final series.

Under strict management, volunteers from EVERY club in that division then manage the selling of everything inside the venue. Total profit at the end of the series is then split and paid back to every club in the division.

Gee now that's thought provoking. It allows league to get revenue (also saves time and bullshit going through a tender process), all clubs work together to achieve an equal result. Oh yeah, with every club involved in the final series attendances would surely increase as well.

Last edited:
Another intelligent relevant post Hooker.

From a club that destroyed the most important day for Div3 last year and bring discredit to all the hard working people at the clubs and league I wouldn't be mouthing off too much princess.

Both you and trendy miss the point, the richer clubs get propped up by Finals football and then go on and get richer.

Here is an idea for Cannizzo (I will type slowly Hooker and Trend so you can keep up).

Why not find the best three grounds in SFL in terms of facilities, parking etc etc and then as normal allocate a Division to that ground (not the club) and have EVERY club involved in that division run the finals and then split the profits?. This is better than current tender process where 70% of member clubs do not get a look in for finals.

As example (as stated Hooker and Trend it is just an example) Div 3 finals play at Hallam. The league collects the gate revenue in compensation for the tender bid revenue. They pay for security out of this and gives them a healthy profit

The league also through their massive purchasing power across the 3 divisions, source all food, drink and any vendors for the total final series.

Under strict management, volunteers from EVERY club in that division then manage the selling of everything inside the venue. Total profit at the end of the series is then split and paid back to every club in the division.

Gee now that's thought provoking. It allows league to get revenue (also saves time and bullshit going through a tender process), all clubs work together to achieve an equal result. Oh yeah, with every club involved in the final series attendances would surely increase as well.

If that was too happen, It would make bugger all difference for any club. Even if hosting finals nets a $20,000 profit, divide that by the 12 Div 3 clubs and its only $1,666 per club in Div 3.

It wouldn't change a thing.

Ok. Enough is enough. The league are filthy on Hearherton and Springvale for poaching what is already existing league talent to keep the SFL where it is rather than attempt to poach EFL, VAFA (especially) and MPNFL talent to better the league and will be making changes to finals....we all know that. Can't we all just move on?
MW stuffed up big time on and off the field and will pay the price.
Ashwood have been great off field and picked up y all accounts an average coach Whois very tough, yet has a big pull and as a result have picked up quality players.
CPL have lost a few, but gained a few but have juniors who will naturally improve.
Dandenong have lost a few.
Hallam have lost heaps.
EHills are quiet and are flying under the radar. Are the guys in their thirds stepping up to play ones?
SY and Lyndale seemed to have picked up more than they've lost.
Dragons and Moorabbin are unknown due to being away last season and longer so we don't know what to expect.
BR interesting. Well run and always competitive, seemed young last year and will naturally improve, but are a fair way from the majority of SFL clubs so don't see them or mingle. Are in a very VAFA area, so if they can get some of them across will be dangerous.
Sandown seem to have a good coach with access to kids (Parkmore) and Chelsea Heights - interesting if the 6 player per club rule is enforced.
Early predictions
Ashwood to physically win the flag against CPL
Moorabbin
BR
Dragons
South Yarra
MW
Lyndale
EHills
Dandenong
Hallam

Those gone to Division 2, piss off and we don't care about anything you have to say....

Last edited:
Ok. Enough is enough. The league are filthy on Hearherton and Springvale for poaching what is already existing league talent to keep the SFL where it is rather than attempt to poach EFL, VAFA (especially) and MPNFL talent to better the league and will be making changes to finals....we all know that. Can't we all just move on?
Ashwood have been great off field and picked up y all accounts an average coach Whois very tough, yet has a big pull and as a result have picked up quality players.
CPL have lost a few, but gained a few but have juniors who will naturally improve.
Hallam have lost heaps.
EHills are quiet and are flying under the radar. Are the guys in their thirds stepping up to play ones?
Dragons and Moorabbin are unknown due to being away last season and longer so we don't know what to expect.
Sandown seem to have a good coach with access to kids (Parkmore) and Chelsea Heights - interesting if the 6 player per club rule is enforced.
Early predictions
Moorabbin
Dragons
South Yarra
MW
Lyndale
EHills
Dandenong
Hallam

Those gone to Division 2, piss off and we don't care about anything you have to say....
Well said.

Hallam have lost heaps.
Early predictions
Moorabbin
Dragons
South Yarra
MW
Lyndale
EHills
Dandenong
Hallam

Black Rock will be in the 4 imo, if they've kept their whole side, they will be in the 3, possibly GF'ists.

They tailed off with injuries towards the end of the year, but there wasn't much at all between CPL, MW and BR last year mid season.

Black Rock will be in the 4 imo, if they've kept their whole side, they will be in the 3, possibly GF'ists.

They tailed off with injuries towards the end of the year, but there wasn't much at all between CPL, MW and BR last year mid season.
Yeah, sorry Pykie. Did originally skip BR but agree. Did think that there was only 2 teams last year though

Hallam have lost heaps.
Early predictions
Moorabbin
Dragons
South Yarra
MW
Lyndale
EHills
Dandenong
Hallam

History tells us that those who drop down from Div 2 tend to finish mid-table in the first year back in Div 3. That has been the case in the last 3 years with Caulfield, Black Rock and South Yarra. Probably will be the same case with Moorabbin.

Dragons to be top 5? Please spare me !!!
Sounds like cpl w***ers on here talking themselves up. Wish the league had some balls and kicked use out of the comp.
2014 the year remembered for ya twos getting there pants pulled down and seniors trying to be heros and fight

Thinking that the gap between 4th and 9th could possibly be 1-2 games and the reason the left VAFA was because they had money for players that they couldn't use...yeah, they could finish 5th Personally it's 1st-3rd. 4th-9th. 10th-12th. But it's only February and anything could happen. But smoker do enlighten me on why they won't. I will look forward to the response considering you think 2014 will be partially remembered for the reserves Grand Final, for mine the only ones who will remember the GF are South Yarra because they won and CPL because they lost....

Last edited:
Heatherton have gone all the way to the top to poach players they recruited Cannizzo's brother!

South Yarra have lost 2 including last years captain but have gained 8-10 at this stage time will tell if they are any good.

Thinking that the gap between 4th and 9th could possibly be 1-2 games and the reason the left VAFA was because they had money for players that they couldn't use...yeah, they could finish 5th Personally it's 1st-3rd. 4th-9th. 10th-12th. But it's only February and anything could happen. But smoker do enlighten me on why they won't. I will look forward to the response considering you think 2014 will be partially remembered for the reserves Grand Final, for mine the only ones who will remember the GF are South Yarra because they won and CPL because they lost....

I dont think they will be strong enough.
Agree ashwood black rock definitely be up there.
Which leaves 3 spots, cpl unfortunately will be up there so there's 2 left.
dandy i heard have been struggling numbers wise i hear and lost a few according to transfers.
moorabin haven't heard much about.
dragons heard they lost a few.
lyndale lost a few but have a few ins according to transfers
hallam struggling with numbers i hear.
mount stacey gough huge loses. May still sneak 5th
Endvourhills i hear are throwing coin out to anyone.
sth yarra i think will be big improvers.
Sandown have massive outs but seem to have 2 or 3 div1 guys.
My prediction
Ashwood
Black rock
Cpl
sth yarra
Lyndale
Moorabin
mount
Dragons

What did South Yarra win?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being involved at Dandenong I can't confirm but believe that numbers aren't great, but speaking for us we have about a core group of 30 who regularly train but average about 20 on the track per night. Hoping that will double after cricket season is done and practise matches start as myself and others will return to train. Will have our regular thirds who don't train but will play. Brodie O is a massive loss as is Kairns. The rest played reserves....but MVS should've played seniors (or not at all) and cost a bloke who left the club a spot in the finals then decided to leave for cash himself so as good a player and guy he is, his attitude won't be missed around the place. Does go missing...ask CPL how to stop him getting a kick, they did it him twice in two finals!

Another question, you suggest EHills are throwing cash around? How? s**t ground, minimal social facilities and what seems a small (but vocal and feral) supporter base. Where do they get the cash to splash??

I dont think they will be strong enough.
Agree ashwood black rock definitely be up there.
Which leaves 3 spots, cpl unfortunately will be up there so there's 2 left.
dandy i heard have been struggling numbers wise i hear and lost a few according to transfers.
moorabin haven't heard much about.
dragons heard they lost a few.
lyndale lost a few but have a few ins according to transfers
hallam struggling with numbers i hear.
mount stacey gough huge loses. May still sneak 5th
Endvourhills i hear are throwing coin out to anyone.
sth yarra i think will be big improvers.
Sandown have massive outs but seem to have 2 or 3 div1 guys.
My prediction
Ashwood
Black rock
Cpl
sth yarra
Lyndale
Moorabin
mount
Dragons

Being involved at Dandenong I can't confirm but believe that numbers aren't great, but speaking for us we have about a core group of 30 who regularly train but average about 20 on the track per night. Hoping that will double after cricket season is done and practise matches start as myself and others will return to train. Will have our regular thirds who don't train but will play. Brodie O is a massive loss as is Kairns. The rest played reserves....but MVS should've played seniors (or not at all) and cost a bloke who left the club a spot in the finals then decided to leave for cash himself so as good a player and guy he is, his attitude won't be missed around the place. Does go missing...ask CPL how to stop him getting a kick, they did it him twice in two finals!

Another question, you suggest EHills are throwing cash around? How? s**t ground, minimal social facilities and what seems a small (but vocal and feral) supporter base. Where do they get the cash to splash??
Think alot of clubs only getting average numbers at the moment.
Endvourhills hasnt spent any cash surely in last few years. And i no they chased a few guys i know offering $$$.

but MVS should've played seniors (or not at all) and cost a bloke who left the club a spot in the finals then decided to leave for cash himself so as good a player and guy he is, his attitude won't be missed around the place.

Matty V wasn't the reason I left. You pick up a lot of baggage around a club after 3 years on the executive and just around the club in general. I was 100% set on retiring, then decided to play again with family in an area I grew up in. Fingers crossed I can get a game.

I think it's unfair to criticise Matty's attitude. Sure, he probably shouldn't have played 2's last year, but he stuck by the club for zilch when he got big offers over the last 2 years.

As for EH, the rumours go round every year that they throw money at everyone, but it never seems to eventuate. I've heard Nyora's FF from last year has agreed to go there for big $$$. Buggered if I know where they get the cash from though, because it's like a morgue everytime you play at their ground.

If you're down at half time in the grand Final this year lads, just start a fight and no one will win

Div 2 forum is over there for you Goughy, enjoy the $$$, remember Mount is that close knit team that just plays for their mates.........

If that was too happen, It would make bugger all difference for any club. Even if hosting finals nets a $20,000 profit, divide that by the 12 Div 3 clubs and its only $1,666 per club in Div 3.

It wouldn't change a thing.

Well there is a difference
1) your $20k on food and drink over 3 weeks is very light on more like $15k/week and you are not paying a tender fee
2) the big benefit is that the profits are not going to THREE of 30 odd clubs because they have a fence around them.

SFL must embrace the 'E' word soon or more teams will be in the crap...... EQUALISATION!

or another idea is to allow the clubs that are in financial strife to run the finals $45k / 3 or 4 would get them on their feet. Its all too easy really, just depends if anyone at top office have the gonads to implement. Doubt it.

Back