Remove this Banner Ad

Jesse Custer

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 28, 2008
Melwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Next step in archaeology. Using satellite images from space to find underground buildings. Awesome idea. Egypt must be hiding a lot more than we've found so far.

That show last night about locating hidden Egyptian tombs and other structures from space was interesting. But there's a lot of wasted effort in digging a test trench if it turns out to be nothing there.

Lets find out what we already know by launching expensive nuclear space junk while many suffer in poverty.

Do you always complain about everything?

There is a good argument out there, that people displaying that feeble attitude and low intelligence emanating from your post, should lose all voting rights.

Lets find out what we already know by launching expensive nuclear space junk while many suffer in poverty.
The world's 100 richest people could end poverty on their own. Why cut the science budget?

There is a good argument out there, that people displaying that feeble attitude and low intelligence emanating from your post, should lose all voting rights.
You're never happy about anything.

All I see you doing is complaining. Is there anything in life you actually like?

No doubt the technology will also serve for other purposes (spying/intelligence)....But yes....Way too much dosh spent on defensive technology by the paranoid, power-mad yanks.

Do you really imagine/envisage that it's just for finding Nefertiti's tomb?

No doubt the technology will also serve for other purposes (spying/intelligence)....But yes....Way too much dosh spent on defensive technology by the paranoid, power-mad yanks.

Do you really imagine/envisage that it's just for finding Nefertiti's tomb?
Then start a thread about it and you and your Stalinist Hitlerite mate can crap on till ya hearts content. The threads about use of satalite technology to aid with archeological research or are you both too ******* thick to get it. utensil heads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then start a thread about it and you and your Stalinist Hitler-ite mate can crap on till ya hearts content. The threads about use of satellite technology to aid with archaeological research or are you both too ******* thick to get it. utensil heads.

....Not sure where to even begin un-packing this rant & it's assumption-filled tripe?

Are you O.K mate?

....Not sure where to even begin un-packing this rant & it's assumption-filled tripe?

Are you O.K mate?

THEN LET ME YELL IT OUT FOR YOU. LISTENING MANUEL? THE THREAD IS TITLED Space Archaeology AND IF YOU ******* WELL READ THE FIRST POST IT SAID "Next step in archaeology. Using satellite images from space to find underground buildings. Awesome idea. Egypt must be hiding a lot more than we've found so far."

IT SAID NOTHING ABOUT NUCLEAR TECHNOLOGY NOR DID IT DISCUSS POVERTY NOR WAS IT ABOUT DOSH BEING SPENT BY PARANOID POWER MAD YANKS. GOT IT? NOW IF YOU AND THE PATHETIC BRAIN DEAD MORONIC CRETIN YOU REPLIED TO, WHO HAS (BELIEVE IT OR NOT) DEFENDED HITLER, STALIN AND ALSO CLAIMED TO HAVE THE BLOOD COURSING THROUGH HIS VEINS OF ABORIGINALS, THE ENGLISH AND JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER NATION ON THE PLANET DURING HIS SEMI LITERATE RUINING OF THE ONLY SUBJECTS WORTH READING AROUND HERE, THEN START ONE UP THAT SUITS YOU BOTH. GOT IT? START YOU OWN THREAD UP AND RANT TO YOUR TINY LITTLE MINDS CONTENT INSTEAD OF ******* UP OTHERS INTERESTS AND ACTING LIKE TROLL w***erS.

YOU CALLED THAT MY PREVIOUS POST A RANT? YOU WAS WRONG! THIS IS A RANT.

THEN LET ME YELL IT OUT FOR YOU. LISTENING MANUEL? THE THREAD IS TITLED Space Archaeology AND IF YOU ******* WELL READ THE FIRST POST IT SAID "Next step in archaeology. Using satellite images from space to find underground buildings. Awesome idea. Egypt must be hiding a lot more than we've found so far."

IT SAID NOTHING ABOUT NUCLEAR TECHNOLOGY NOR DID IT DISCUSS POVERTY NOR WAS IT ABOUT DOSH BEING SPENT BY PARANOID POWER MAD YANKS. GOT IT? NOW IF YOU AND THE PATHETIC BRAIN DEAD MORONIC CRETIN YOU REPLIED TO, WHO HAS (BELIEVE IT OR NOT) DEFENDED HITLER, STALIN AND ALSO CLAIMED TO HAVE THE BLOOD COURSING THROUGH HIS VEINS OF ABORIGINALS, THE ENGLISH AND JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER NATION ON THE PLANET DURING HIS SEMI LITERATE RUINING OF THE ONLY SUBJECTS WORTH READING AROUND HERE, THEN START ONE UP THAT SUITS YOU BOTH. GOT IT? START YOU OWN THREAD UP AND RANT TO YOUR TINY LITTLE MINDS CONTENT INSTEAD OF ******* UP OTHERS INTERESTS AND ACTING LIKE TROLL ******S.

So, as to weather or not you're O.K?.... I'll take that as a NO!

Yes....I did read the O/P & given the somewhat ironic ending to it....I.E. All that multi-billion dollars worth of technology just to find a mummy....Assumed there was a bit of a 'nudge-nudge', 'wink-wink' underlying it's conclusion.

Please forgive my not ascribing to your exact rendition of it.

As for the poster I answered to....They are as welcome to any divergent opinions as you or I are on any topic m8!....If we should all agree, then the world & it's rainbow would be a bland mono-tone indeed.

Finally....Take a chill-pill dude, before you have a coronary....Last I checked, you don't own this thread & there's no need for the condescending insults....Particularly when you are in possession of an ignore button....Snookums!

Please forgive my not ascribing to your exact rendition of it.
What I think is great about your posts, is the way you pretend to know what words mean, and, how to best use them :drunk:

Also, you may wish to research the difference between 'weather', 'whether' and indeed 'wether'. It will assist you to know the correct usage, and, to not look silly when you use other 'big' words to make yourself look clever ;)

The point is that we don't already know this stuff. People are making new discoveries from the satellite data.

Too right!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-13522957

...The team analysed images from satellites orbiting 700km above the earth, equipped with cameras so powerful they can pin-point objects less than 1m in diameter on the earth's surface.

Infra-red imaging was used to highlight different materials under the surface.

Ancient Egyptians built their houses and structures out of mud brick, which is much denser than the soil that surrounds it, so the shapes of houses, temples and tombs can be seen.

"It just shows us how easy it is to underestimate both the size and scale of past human settlements," says Dr Parcak.

And she believes there are more antiquities to be discovered:

"These are just the sites [close to] the surface. There are many thousands of additional sites that the Nile has covered over with silt. This is just the beginning of this kind of work..."

...BBC cameras followed Dr Parcak on her "nervous" journey when she travelled to Egypt to see if excavations could back up what her technology could see under the surface.

In the BBC documentary Egypt's Lost Cities, they visit an area of Saqqara (Sakkara) where the authorities were not initially interested in her findings.

But after being told by Dr Parcak that she had seen two potential pyramids, they made test excavations, and they now believe it is one of the most important archaeological sites in Egypt...

This is one of the satellite images of the Saqqara site;

fig2-saqqara.bmp

I can't remember which show I watched but Sarah Parcak was flying round the world helping archaeologists make new discoveries using her satellite techniques. Some of the guys had been researching areas for many many years and got quote emotional when she gave them her amazing new insights.

Here she is at TED.

https://www.ted.com/talks/sarah_parcak_archeology_from_space?language=en

IT SAID NOTHING ABOUT NUCLEAR TECHNOLOGY NOR DID IT DISCUSS POVERTY NOR WAS IT ABOUT DOSH BEING SPENT BY PARANOID POWER MAD YANKS. GOT IT? NOW IF YOU AND THE PATHETIC BRAIN DEAD MORONIC CRETIN YOU REPLIED TO, WHO HAS (BELIEVE IT OR NOT) DEFENDED HITLER, STALIN AND ALSO CLAIMED TO HAVE THE BLOOD COURSING THROUGH HIS VEINS OF ABORIGINALS, THE ENGLISH AND JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER NATION ON THE PLANET DURING HIS SEMI LITERATE RUINING OF THE ONLY SUBJECTS WORTH READING AROUND HERE, THEN START ONE UP THAT SUITS YOU BOTH. GOT IT? START YOU OWN THREAD UP AND RANT TO YOUR TINY LITTLE MINDS CONTENT INSTEAD OF ******* UP OTHERS INTERESTS AND ACTING LIKE TROLL ******S.

Possibly the first rant visible from space...

What I think is great about your posts, is the way you pretend to know what words mean, and, how to best use them :drunk:

Also, you may wish to research the difference between 'weather', 'whether' and indeed 'wether'. It will assist you to know the correct usage, and, to not look silly when you use other 'big' words to make yourself look clever ;)

Cheers Voltaire....I take it you disagree with my post then.:drunk:

Anything of actual substance to contribute to the thread?

We all know nuclear bunkers & many other forms of weapons arsenal are kept underground....It's no great leap to suggest that such an expensive piece of space technology could also be used for that purpose...Especially considering the budget allocation/expenditure on the part of the US govt, on military technology & defense alone, combined with it's CIA dictated, foreign policy of spying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back