FTA-TV Spartacus: War of the Damned (probably spoilers)

Remove this Banner Ad

do i have to use my phone to google ?

No, altho it's better on the iphone. Just amused my tiny mind that a historian looking up the actual Crixus gets a brief bio of his life next to this official picture of him:

crixus_pictureboxart_160w.jpg

They just rushed the final battle. I had visions of Crixus and Agron fighting back to back as the last two standing after Navea had suffered a most painful death.
This may be because they've tried to stuff 3 season's worth of story telling into just 1 season - by virtue of having been told that the series would be axed at the end of the current season.

And there is talk of a Caesar spin off - so is there anything to suggest this wasnt always the last season, or are you just making things up?
Mentioned in this article. Perhaps not the most reputable website, but I definitely remember reading something similar in the Australian media when the announcement was made:
http://screenrant.com/spartacus-ending-with-season-3-yman-176832/
god hope theres no caesar spin off.
They're definitely considering it:
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/11/todd-lasance-may-star-in-spartacus-spin-off.html

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/tv-ratings-starz-spartacus-war-of-the-damned/

It's rated it's firm yet supple **** off - so it wasn't due to ratings that they pulled the pin.

Damn shame they did - even just another episode focused soley on Crixus pushing towards Rome would've been a bonus; the deaths of Crixus and Agron just felt too rushed... I was almost expecting to cry some manly tears when they died, such was my attachment to them - but their demise did not do them justice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course.

I was referring to squeezing 3 seasons worth into 1 to avoid the axe.

I'd of thought this would be one of the top rating shows for STARZ.
They didn't squeeze 3 series into 1 to avoid the axe. They figured they had 3 series left of stories to tell, then Starz told them that they only had 1 season left before the show would be cancelled. This forced them to squeeze 3 series worth of material into 1 final series.

Vader's first link above explains the rationale, ending on a high basically instead of dragging the show on, but also I heard the Starz president say elsewhere it's because historically it got to the stage where it got a bit repetitive with battle after battle vs various Roman legions.

I agree its a strange call though, a 5th season would've been about right imo.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/tv-ratings-starz-spartacus-war-of-the-damned/

It's rated it's firm yet supple **** off - so it wasn't due to ratings that they pulled the pin.

Damn shame they did - even just another episode focused soley on Crixus pushing towards Rome would've been a bonus; the deaths of Crixus and Agron just felt too rushed... I was almost expecting to cry some manly tears when they died, such was my attachment to them - but their demise did not do them justice.

certainly the death of crixus was poo. no one, NO ONE, is worthy of taking the life of an undefeated gaul.

They didn't squeeze 3 series into 1 to avoid the axe. They figured they had 3 series left of stories to tell, then Starz told them that they only had 1 season left before the show would be cancelled. This forced them to squeeze 3 series worth of material into 1 final series.

Show wasn't in danger of being cancelled. They made the decision to end it themselves, rather than drag it on.

Link.
Link.

Strong call out on Spartacus FB page...

Why.... why did u kill Crixus in that way... at least, he could kill 1 important roman or something... God... but he died like a fuking slave ... for a stupid speer in his back... ... * u ...

Why not a 5 vs 1 fight, then crixus lost... .... but a speer... in the hands of that fuking unskilled roman?... son of crasus.. meh ...

Watching original series.

Vale Andy :(

So weird seeing Crixus and Spartacus, before they were yet brothers - but thoughts of bonds to come bring smile to face when seeing them at odds.

They're about to bring the rain.

that makes it hurt even more :(

peternorth Vincent Chase RoosterLad

Boys, I feel like we haven't given Navea enough s**t.

I was really pissed off when Crassus and his equal opportunity rapist rocked up, and Crixus actually thought about using some sweet tactics to try and fight them (ie, make them think they were broken and when they drove in the centre, collapse the flanks onto them) - and then ******* Navea goes, "Crixus, tactics are for *s, just stand here and fight - probs wont die, maybe..."

And he listens to the stupid idiot.

Godamnit, I was so pissed off.

I was really pissed off when Crassus and his equal opportunity rapist rocked up, and Crixus actually thought about using some sweet tactics to try and fight them (ie, make them think they were broken and when they drove in the centre, collapse the flanks onto them) - and then ******* Navea goes, "Crixus, tactics are for ******s, just stand here and fight - probs wont die, maybe..."

she is seriously up there with lori, andrea and michionne (when she's mute and doesnt smile).

just goes to show, women always get in the way in shows/movies. and men listen to them!!

I was really pissed off when Crassus and his equal opportunity rapist rocked up, and Crixus actually thought about using some sweet tactics to try and fight them (ie, make them think they were broken and when they drove in the centre, collapse the flanks onto them) - and then ******* Navea goes, "Crixus, tactics are for ******s, just stand here and fight - probs wont die, maybe..."

Yep.

I hate how weak and pussy whipped they made Crixus once he met Navea. He become even worse when they changed to Navea 2.0.

I still can't believe he died before she did. If she ends up escaping, i will be really, really, pissed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back