Remove this Banner Ad

Spurr Dawson Collins
Sutcliffe Johnson Ibbotson
Hill Fyfe D.Pearce
Bennell A.Pearce Mayne
Ballantyne Pavlich Walters
Sandilands Mundy Neale
Int: Barlow Clarke Tucker Weller

Love how everyone is including Yarran in the 22.
You're not going to pick a 26 y.o. if you don't plan on playing him in the League team.

I predict Yarran will play 10 - 15 games this year (next year - technically).

Spurr Pearce Ibbotson
Tucker Johnson Sutcliffe
Hill Mundy Weller
Langdon Fyfe Walters
Appeness Pavlich Yarran
Sandilands Bennell Neale
Barlow Blakely Ballantyne
Sheridan

Pushing for a spot- Collins, Hughes, Balic, Grey

I agree. I feel like dawson doesnt make us better. Im not one to crticise him usually but you cant have a player on your field that is a liability with ball in hand.
Collins looked a good kick in the highlights I watched. Dawson is miles off being dropped. Both playing in the same team works for me. When Pav is being rested I think we will play Tabs and Alex Pearce as our key forwards. Collins will definitely get a shot at staking a claim at some point.

My best 22 doesnt include Collins, but I think he will definitely play at some point.

FF: Yarran Pav Balla
Hf: Walters Fyfe Crozier
C: Hill Mundy Bennell
HB: Sheridan A.Pearce Ibbo
FB: Johno Dawson Spurr
R: Sandy Barlow Neale
Inter: D.Pearce, Clarke or Griffin, Sutty, and one of Weller, Langdon, Blakely or Tiucker.

I love the speed.

Collins looked a good kick in the highlights I watched. Dawson is miles off being dropped. Both playing in the same team works for me. When Pav is being rested I think we will play Tabs and Alex Pearce as our key forwards. Collins will definitely get a shot at staking a claim at some point.

My best 22 doesnt include Collins, but I think he will definitely play at some point.

FF: Yarran Pav Balla
Hf: Walters Fyfe Crozier
C: Hill Mundy Bennell
HB: Sheridan A.Pearce Ibbo
FB: Johno Dawson Spurr
R: Sandy Barlow Neale
Inter: D.Pearce, Clarke or Griffin, Sutty, and one of Weller, Langdon, Blakely or Tiucker.

I love the speed.
Your B22 is upside down - can't read it :)

Edit: looks pretty good when I stand on my head - agree with most of it. Not sure we'll start Yarran but he'll likely break in to our B22.

Last edited:
Mayne will be best 22 next year, or unless injured, he wil certainly start off the season that way.

He won't be in our best 22, but he'll be picked anyway. Just like this year where he stunk it up week after week but never got dropped.

I agree. I feel like dawson doesnt make us better. Im not one to crticise him usually but you cant have a player on your field that is a liability with ball in hand.

Dawson is not really a liability with ball in hand though. He prefers not to kick when he has the option to handball, but there's actually nothing wrong with his kicking. Dawson's biggest downfall is that he gives away too many free kicks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawson is not really a liability with ball in hand though. He prefers not to kick when he has the option to handball, but there's actually nothing wrong with his kicking. Dawson's biggest downfall is that he gives away too many free kicks.
Theres a reason why noone kicks do dawson if they can avoid it and its because he is a bad decision maker and his skills are well below average. Backman give away free kicks, forwards get the benefit of the doubt, thats just how it is.

Theres a reason why noone kicks do dawson if they can avoid it and its because he is a bad decision maker and his skills are well below average. Backman give away free kicks, forwards get the benefit of the doubt, thats just how it is.

Very few backmen give away as many free kicks as Dawson. From memory he has the worst free kick differential in the league. This is partly because umpires have marked his card already (like they did with Crowley) and partly because he doesn't try to mark very often, so is judged more harshly by the umpires because they deem him to be playing the man rather than the ball.

Very few backmen give away as many free kicks as Dawson. From memory he has the worst free kick differential in the league. This is partly because umpires have marked his card already (like they did with Crowley) and partly because he doesn't try to mark very often, so is judged more harshly by the umpires because they deem him to be playing the man rather than the ball.
I'd be interested to see his frees against stats between StKilda & here. See if maybe there's. Bit of Freo Factor in his frees

You're not going to pick a 26 y.o. if you don't plan on playing him in the League team.

I predict Yarran will play 10 - 15 games this year (next year - technically).

I agree that he has been picked as potentially ready player, also agree that his speed and goal kicking are great strengths.

BUT, according to my Subi friends that watch him far more than me, he is lazy, has no defensive pressure and disappears when the going is tough.

In summary, he has got to come up to AFL standard which is light years ahead of WAFL. He is a potential 0 - 10 game player. He is the one you will want to hear training reports on, to see if he can cope.

IMO Mayne is so far ahead of him that something dramatic (like injury) would have to change for Yarran to be named ahead of him. Its the Lyon way!!

I agree that he has been picked as potentially ready player, also agree that his speed and goal kicking are great strengths.

BUT, according to my Subi friends that watch him far more than me, he is lazy, has no defensive pressure and disappears when the going is tough.

In summary, he has got to come up to AFL standard which is light years ahead of WAFL. He is a potential 0 - 10 game player. He is the one you will want to hear training reports on, to see if he can cope.

IMO Mayne is so far ahead of him that something dramatic (like injury) would have to change for Yarran to be named ahead of him. Its the Lyon way!!

That's a big whack you've just given our recruiters. He's a 26 year old who is lazy, provides zero defensive pressure, disappears when the going gets tough and will play between 0 and 10 games across his career.

So you're saying we've wasted a pick and have a list clogger for the next 2 seasons?

honestly the Subi games I've watched over the last 2 years, i found him lazy and sort of waits until it gets near him, but he may pick it up pretty quickly.
for some reason i can't seem to shake him being the dockers version of Josh Hill

honestly the Subi games I've watched over the last 2 years, i found him lazy and sort of waits until it gets near him, but he may pick it up pretty quickly.
for some reason i can't seem to shake him being the dockers version of Josh Hill
On the upside if he turns into our version of Josh Hill, we have better players than that so he just won't get a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back