Opinion Speculation over - Eade Coach

Who will be our next Coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
218079-eade.jpg

Prepare for a few of your more polarising or frustrating players to be singled out by the way. One of the funniest parts about Eade is his ability to absolutely embarrass the hell out of blokes that frustrate him. Never in a malicious way, though. Always pretty jovial. Look at Brian Lake and Will Minson as glaring examples. Some of his media conferences involving those two were absolutely brilliant.

Eade is good for a club as soon as he walks in the place and for a number of years but then runs his race and its time to move him on. Nothing wrong with that though.

The latter you wont need to worry about until further down the track but you should see some immediate results and its a great pick up.

Should be a good year for you guys next year. Experience and being on top in the game plan and understanding of game plans of opposition bodes for interesting times. Be chomping at the bit having to be an underling to Buckley.

So assuming Eade is chasing a premiership he will no doubt want his own assistant coaches, hopefully 1 of which will take over in 3-4 years. Who stays and who goes?????

Stay
Blight
Ashcroft

Go
Riley???
blight's coaching advisor (was director of football before stepping down) and ashcroft is GM of football operations.

current assistant coaches are primus, riley, lovell and solomon. not sure who eade worked with while he was head coach a few years back.

To be fair, there were only ever really two possible candidates for the Wallabies coaching position and the best choice ended up being appointed. Cheika was the favourite choice even before Link resigned. Combine that with the fact that the following week the Wallabies needed to fly out to to Europe for their Spring Tour with a coach.

Despite how frustrated I am at how long it's taking for the Suns to appoint a coach, there are countless potential candidates, and there's no 'next week deadline' that the Wallabies had. Cheika reminds me of Bolton a bit, actually. Maybe we should get Bolton.
Yeah but it was still a friggin funny post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prepare for a few of your more polarising or frustrating players to be singled out by the way. One of the funniest parts about Eade is his ability to absolutely embarrass the hell out of blokes that frustrate him. Never in a malicious way, though. Always pretty jovial. Look at Brian Lake and Will Minson as glaring examples. Some of his media conferences involving those two were absolutely brilliant.

Labelling Minson as the dumbest smart person in the competition was a classic.

Breaking contracts aren't really a laughing matter.
Generally there comes some legal obligations with doing so.
Like when Collingwood sacked Leigh Matthews and then Tony Shaw?

Your supporters weren't thinking, "oh don't sack them, it will cost us some money" they were thinking "don't let the door hit you not the arse on the way out. Okay who's next?".

Like when Collingwood sacked Leigh Matthews and then Tony Shaw?

Your supporters weren't thinking, "oh don't sack them, it will cost us some money" they were thinking "don't let the door hit you not the arse on the way out. Okay who's next?".

Don't feed the troll. He is getting fat with bullshit.

Like when Collingwood sacked Leigh Matthews and then Tony Shaw.

Leigh's contract at Collingwood ended in 1995. He chose to not put his hand up for another contract and he is on public record that he needed to walk away from coaching, this is detailed in his book.
Shaw also had his contract end at the end of 1999. The club decided not to re-appoint him.
Some poor examples there mate.

Leigh's contract at Collingwood ended in 1995. He chose to not put his hand up for another contract and he is on public record that he needed to walk away from coaching, this is detailed in his book.
Shaw also had his contract end at the end of 1999. The club decided not to re-appoint him.

^ Your mate

On Matthews:
"In that Grand Final, Collingwood beat Essendon, ending the 32-year premiership drought generally referred to as "the Colliwobbles." Matthews was sacked as Collingwood coach after the 1995 season following an unsuccessful season finishing 10th."

On Shaw:
" In 1996 he would guide Collingwood to 11th place, and his best effort came in 1997 when the club finished 10th. Shaw coached the Pies to the club's second wooden spoon in 1999, earning the accolade of being a premiership captain to coach a wooden spoon winning side. After that, Shaw resigned as Collingwood coach."

Yeah right ... he resigned after a wooden spoon about as much as Bluey 'mutually agreed to part ways with the Suns'. If you are current coach and especially a favourite son of the club and you aren't offered a new contract you are effectively sacked pal, no matter how much you want to try and dress up a sh!t sandwich.

Not that it matters anyway. This thread is about the Suns coach, not about Fat Ed throwing his toys out of the cot and crying poor again.

So unless you have something productive to add about Eade and his coaching prowess, or you want to congratulate the Suns on a great appointment (when it actually happens) and wishing us well for next season, then you maybe should consider refraining from further comment.

At least I can claim I spotted the troll first :D even after I was maligned by my own brethren I stood tall against the scum. A true martyr I am.

Hahaha.
Just had a browse at the Pies thread about Eade and 100% agree with you.
Looking for bites here because comments there are all very sour grapes style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back