Opinion Speculation over - Eade Coach

Who will be our next Coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone name a coach who has come back from being punted and not coached for a year or two and then gone onto win a GF?

check this out!

Looks like I'll be dropping my Melbourne membership for 2015 and getting a Gold Coast one. I won't forget the kindness shown to me by Rocket during my visits.

For those who don't know... back in 2009 when I had to shorten my visit and wouldn't be able to attend the first match as I had planned, Rocket read about it on this site and asked a BF Doggie member to get in touch with me and tell me that he wanted to meet me when I attended training. I didn't even know that and when at training I just went up to him to meet him and he told me what he had done.(The BF poster didn't get to me in time!) After training Rocket gave me a tour of the new facilities and introduced me to some of the players. I was like a kid at Disneyworld. In 2010 I brought him a Chicago Cubs cap which he wore to a footy match and was shown on TV wearing it. On my visits to training that year and in 2011 he always made me feel welcome. Both Rocket and David Smorgon will always be my favourite Bulldogs people. Always. Oh yeah...Glenice at the front desk is right up there, too! :D

good guy eade :D

a8V9Rdd.png

can anyone name a coach who has come back from being punted and not coached for a year or two and then gone onto win a GF?
David Parkin.

Coached Blues to B2B flags 81 & 82. Left in 85 and coached Lions until 88.

Didn't coach again until returning to the Blues 91 to 00 and won the flag in 95 and runners up in 99.

I'll buy a membership when you guys pay up :)

@sam_mcclure: Pies want 400k from Suns for Rocket deal to go through. Still has one year left on his contract.
@suns_of_anarchy: Pies can get ****ed. You offered him up like a free to good home hack.

@sam_mcclure: Pies want 400k from Suns for Rocket deal to go through. Still has one year left on his contract.

Seriously mate. Can you * off now? Your like a bad smell.

Alright, I think that's enough baiting.

And if others could stop baiting him I'd appreciate it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like to politely ask first.

I've been contacted by 5 GC posters here who have commented on the personal attacks here being out of line.
If you are going to allow someone to tag someone and quote posts of mine (which is against rules) from the Collingwood board here then don't get upset when I respond to the baiting and direct quotes.
I have been more than respectful here.

Personally, I'd still be happy with Bomber or Bolton, but Eade is a great get.

He's got the experience that we're after, he's great in press conferences (which is a must imo), he's a character that will bring media attention, and he's a man proven to make players fight to be in the best 22 and will give feedback to everyone equally. Perfect combination.

Finals-bound 2015.

I've been contacted by 5 GC posters here who have commented on the personal attacks here being out of line.
If you are going to allow someone to tag someone and quote posts of mine (which is against rules) from the Collingwood board here then don't get upset when I respond to the baiting and direct quotes.
I have been more than respectful here.

Good for them! Doesn't change the fact your a sly troll. Half of us here know exactly what your doing. She told you to stop so piss off.

I'm actually quite sad that Bolton is looking unlikely. I'd love for him to be the 'takeover' coach in 3 - 4 years once Eade's time is up, but he's not going to leave Hawthorn for something like that.

I fear for tigernova 's health now that Bolton is out of the picture.

#prayfortigernova

forget the GF bit. i think you'll have a hard time finding a head coach who has been sacked by a club, to return as a head coach a few years later.
Blight didn't coach 1995-96. Then coached Back-to-Back premierships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back