Opinion Speculation over - Eade Coach

Who will be our next Coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I welcome the 5 GC posters to read some quotes on other boards first. I'll bite all day long and join tiges in the sin bin.

Yeah would love to hear their thoughts. Me thinks he is exaggerating the number somewhat :rolleyes: who will ever know ;)

Jon Ralph on SEN.com.au:

Are the Suns a chance for top four?

Some quality experienced recruits and another pre-season for their young stars should see Gold Coast play finals football next season.

However, Ralph believes the bar could be set even higher and whoever is coaching the Suns should be aiming for a top four finish.

“With Nick Malceski and a star-studded midfield, what is the best result for Gold Coast next year?

“I look at them and think there are not a lot of clubs that could bounce from outside the eight into the top four.

“I know a lot of things would have to go right but I think it’s not out of the realms of possibility for Gold Coast to win fourteen games next season... I reckon they are ready to explode in 2015.”

Listening to that, the List Manager (heaven forbid) has actually convinced me that Rocket was the logical choice all along. Surprisingly logical actually. He just ticks all the boxes. My one concern was that we had to convince Eade to take the job because he didn't really want it but as Wallace pointed out, Rod had to play it cool because of the Collingwood contract and it appears that he has taken it because it really does offer him the opportunity to finally reach for a premiership, with him and John Northey the only ones to have coached over 300 games and not have a flag to their name.

Listening to that, the List Manager (heaven forbid) has actually convinced me that Rocket was the logical choice all along. Surprisingly logical actually. He just ticks all the boxes. My one concern was that we had to convince Eade to take the job because he didn't really want it but as Wallace pointed out, Rod had to play it cool because of the Collingwood contract and it appears that he has taken it because it really does offer him the opportunity to finally reach for a premiership, with him and John Northey the ones to have coached over 300 games to not have a flag to their name.

I have found myself thinking the exact same thing. That also is my only concern. Malcom Blight mk2 at STK a possibility. Unlikely I would say though.

Eade is an unbelievable fit for your list. The type of players you have, the phase you're in, the age profile of your list, the balance of your list...everything points to Eade. His systems are a perfect fit for your club - you'll play an extremely marketable brand of footy, with the added bonus of it being a style that can win, and win well.

This club will do great things under Rocket, of that I'm certain. Good get guys. Get excited.

Eade is an unbelievable fit for your list. The type of players you have, the phase you're in, the age profile of your list, the balance of your list...everything points to Eade. His systems are a perfect fit for your club - you'll play an extremely marketable brand of footy, with the added bonus of it being a style that can win, and win well.

This club will do great things under Rocket, of that I'm certain. Good get guys. Get excited.
All aboard the Suns train 2015

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/eddie-mcguire-demands-compensation-from-gold-coast-before-releasing-rodney-eade-to-the-suns/story-fni5f6hd-1227105190040?from=herald sun_rss

Eades wife and daughter staying in melbourne 2015
Eddie wants a cheque.. Doesn't care who from.. Eade is going nowhere till then.
Then he'll put a bow on Eade and send him upto QLD..

Haha.. Sounds like eddies in a good mood
Tell McChin's we'll pay him in Nandos then

Chicken-Cheque.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back