Home & Garden Spiders can get ****ed

Remove this Banner Ad

About 1 month ago i got bit by a funnel web on the arm. First i got sharp seering pain which I swiped, killed the perpetrator. for the next 4 hours a bubble type rash worked about 7 cm down my arm, the pain alternated from burning to sharp acute spasms. Fresh alo vera every ten minutes eased the pain.

The bite got me right on a tricep with no body fat between it and the skin. That muscle flared up overnight to the size of a tennis ball.

24 hours later the swelling slowly reduced every time I'd get stoned. This went for 4 days. You could actually visibly see and feel it happening withing a minute of application. A dull ache would appear. Alo vera applied after that whenever normal pain resumed,lasted about ten minutes.

i rested that muscle for about a week, upon returning to exercise, the thing is screwed, no strength, its like its been isolated. Slowly getting better.

Still a slight lump where it bit.

About 1 month ago i got bit by a funnel web on the arm. First i got sharp seering pain which I swiped, killed the perpetrator. for the next 4 hours a bubble type rash worked about 7 cm down my arm, the pain alternated from burning to sharp acute spasms. Fresh alo vera every ten minutes eased the pain.

The bite got me right on a tricep with no body fat between it and the skin. That muscle flared up overnight to the size of a tennis ball.

24 hours later the swelling slowly reduced every time I'd get stoned. This went for 4 days. You could actually visibly see and feel it happening withing a minute of application. A dull ache would appear. Alo vera applied after that whenever normal pain resumed,lasted about ten minutes.

i rested that muscle for about a week, upon returning to exercise, the thing is screwed, no strength, its like its been isolated. Slowly getting better.

Still a slight lump where it bit.

Are you sure it was a funnelweb? Seriously without any antivenom there is a good chance you would not even survive that, at the very least you would have been seriously ill. Sounds more like a redback bite.

Are you sure it was a funnelweb? Seriously without any antivenom there is a good chance you would not even survive that, at the very least you would have been seriously ill. Sounds more like a redback bite.

I went looking, found the old lady and some young.

Got bitten by one behind my ear, the skin was melted and white, felt like I was burnt, but funny thing no pain. Although I think I had a stoke because of the spider bite, but the doctors said there is on evidence of spider bites causing stroke.

I don't mind the ones that stay put and keep to themselves (especially orbs, which are awesome; I even them cockroaches :p ), but the ones that roam around and come after ya can * off; not the tiny ones, but white tails and huntsmans can piss right off. I try to leave huntsmans alone, but they're way too big to be 'cute', and I'm not comfortable going to sleep with one on the ceiling above my bed. Pussy. Ha

The other day I saw what I thought were small, round bird eggs stuck on the fence. I thought, "jee, how interesting", as I stuck my head in for a closer look.
However, *!! It was red back with her egg sacks in her web, and what looked like about 100 babies scurrying around. I called in an F16 air strike and nuked the whole fence and half of Bentleigh

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's another tip for huntsmans, especially in the car, when you might lack 'tools': use a box of tissues as a boxing glove.
:D
When one crawls across the windscreen at night, the first few moments is farked up when you're trying to figure out if it's on the inside or outside

The other day I saw what I thought were small, round bird eggs stuck on the fence. I thought, "jee, how interesting", as I stuck my head in for a closer look. *! It was a red back with her egg sacks in her web, and what looked like about 100 babies scurrying around. I called in an F16 air strike and nuked the whole fence and half of Bentleigh

yeah i seen groups of brown eggs around my joint. big fkers. stabbed teh s**t out of them with tanbark. empty except one. looked like a crab. at times like those i wish there was an antnest nearby

I was cleaning outside today with a high pressure hose. I came across a number of big black bastards,

watching the nba?

Soooo was outside today cleaning up found five redbacks that makes about ten around our house in a few months serious question should I get a professional out to have a look? Worried our two year old might find one.....

I'm in Greenacres and we've got a web on nearly every window in the house. They're in plague proportions at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back