Society/Culture Sport and Australian Intellectuals

Remove this Banner Ad

What's Patrick Smith going to do in 2056 when the ASADA/Essendon saga finishes, he'll have nothing to write about in the winter.
more than the beard,but i just think Phillip Adams when I think of Smith. and not the appellation of "Australia's foremost intellectual Phillip Adams", they forget the unsaid <and biggest name dropper>

Would love to read a book about the scourge to society gambling is by Ricky Pointing.

What about a book on maintaining healthy relationships by Shane Warne?

Former Carlton great Nick Stevens could write about domestic violence.

Justin Charles about supplements.

Ben Cousins could write about what free needles really do.

Warrick Capper about preventing testicular cancer.

Stephen Kernahan could write about bribery in society and brown paper bags under the table.

Would of loved Shane Warnes mentor terry Jenner to write a book on fraud and gaol before he died.

Gklen Mgrath could write a book on the prevention of cancer saves alot more money than simply treating it

Mark Bosnich on nasal health.

Alan bond who is Australias greatest ever competitive yachtsman, could write books on balancing the household budget.

Donald Bradman could of written a really good book about the under payment of our sportsmen.

David Granger could write a book about being victim of a paid hit in a grand final

Jack Cahil about how to stop dodgy used car salesman burning the lemon you just bought.

:rolleyes:

Probably because many Australian intellectuals see sport as something beneath them. Paul Keating is probably the most notable proponent of this belief.

You also get those awful Gen Y women who write for the Age writing op pieces about how they actively discourage their boys from playing footy - hope they enjoy their weekly contemporary clowning workshop

Would love to read a book about the scourge to society gambling is by Ricky Pointing.

What about a book on maintaining healthy relationships by Shane Warne?

Former Carlton great Nick Stevens could write about domestic violence.

Justin Charles about supplements.

Ben Cousins could write about what free needles really do.

Warrick Capper about preventing testicular cancer.

Stephen Kernahan could write about bribery in society and brown paper bags under the table.

Would of loved Shane Warnes mentor terry Jenner to write a book on fraud and gaol before he died.

Gklen Mgrath could write a book on the prevention of cancer saves alot more money than simply treating it

Mark Bosnich on nasal health.

Alan bond who is Australias greatest ever competitive yachtsman, could write books on balancing the household budget.

Donald Bradman could of written a really good book about the under payment of our sportsmen.

David Granger could write a book about being victim of a paid hit in a grand final

Jack Cahil about how to stop dodgy used car salesman burning the lemon you just bought.

:rolleyes:

Bradman could also write on the inferiority of black and Catholic cricketers

You also get those awful Gen Y women who write for the Age writing op pieces about how they actively discourage their boys from playing footy - hope they enjoy their weekly contemporary clowning workshop
I'd love to read one.

I'd love to read one.

Try Monica Dux for example:

Now, when I say that I hate football, I'm not just being a grumpy killjoy. I have reasons for disliking the game and I think they're very sound. First, there's the deep-seated sexism. Why should I support a game played by men who regularly vomit up Neanderthal attitudes towards women? Then there's the violence. We talk about the problem of male violence in our society, and yet here we are, week after week, panting after young men who are lauded for their aggression, playing a game that involves constant brain-rattling physical clashes.

* OFF!!!!

more than the beard,but i just think Phillip Adams when I think of Smith. and not the appellation of "Australia's foremost intellectual Phillip Adams", they forget the unsaid <and biggest name dropper>

And he has the most recorded utterings of the word frisson known to mankind (self-taught, of course)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I blame Melbourne Uni philosophy academics. They are feminising the entire country!

Try Monica Dux for example:

Now, when I say that I hate football, I'm not just being a grumpy killjoy. I have reasons for disliking the game and I think they're very sound. First, there's the deep-seated sexism. Why should I support a game played by men who regularly vomit up Neanderthal attitudes towards women? Then there's the violence. We talk about the problem of male violence in our society, and yet here we are, week after week, panting after young men who are lauded for their aggression, playing a game that involves constant brain-rattling physical clashes.

**** OFF!!!!
What a bore. She seems the kind of intellectual who is stuck at undergraduate arts level thinking. Like old mate Chomsky.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back