Sport Sports you can't get into

Remove this Banner Ad

ODIs I can live without, I'll watch them if I'm at home, and I'll go if it's at the 'G and I've got nothing else on. This year's series was pretty great, but other years it has been terrible.
Test cricket is an entirely different story, I'm legitimately considering getting Foxtel in my new apartment to catch the South African tour, which is something I wouldn't do for footy.
Tennis is pretty much the only mainstream sport I can't stand, almost everything else I would watch if it was on TV, netball, basketball, NFL, ice-hockey, I've even occasionally watched golf. The other thing I can't get into is pretty much any form of racing with the exception of things I've actually competed in (swimming, cycling, surf lifesaving and triathlon), anything else I just couldn't care less about.

off the top of my head - golf, tennis (although i watched a lot of it as a kid and consider myself knowledgeable), lawn bowls and ice hockey are all insufferable. Cant imagine why anybody would watch it. I guess ice hockey is awesome if your into it.

T20 is just awful. These leagues that pop up are meaningless and are really obnoxiously presented/marketed, even the international stuff fails to excite me. I find the overly-aggressive play uninteresting, but my main issue with it is the wrapper that it's in.

Number 1 on the list has got to be soccer. It's probably better than other mentioned sports though, I suppose I put it at number 1 because of it's prevalence. Like tennis, I watched it a lot as a kid, but these days find it outrageously boring. I always think of that simpsons episode when I see it now... you know the one. I did get right into the '06 world cup with Australia's success though.

Anyone remember AMF ten pin bowling being televised on Australian tv in the 90's? What were they thinking?

I absolutely love tennis. Played up until recently, but don't watch anything outside of the Aus Open.

As for Cricket, I always watch the Test Series each year, but don't follow it at all outside of that - and don't enjoy one dayers or 20/20.
Without trying to stereotype people (but I will), Twenty20 is cricket for dummies.

It is designed for the masses.

I get the reason for creating it, but it doesn't do a lot for me.

Twenty20 cricket just looks like Indoor cricket without the netting.

As for major sports I can't stand watching - Tennis and golf.

Don't mind playing them (even though I am crap at both) but watching cures my insomnia very quickly.

Motor racing would be up there as well these days (even though I used to watch a fair bit of F1 when I was younger).

Nowadays I just keeping thinking "these cars just go 'round and 'round, it has been so f**king boring..."

Last edited:
I've traveled quite a bit in America and everyone I've met who has known footy has loved it. Cricket on the other hand they just fail to understand.

Scientifically, the human body can only tolerate volumetrically one slow moving summer sport. Thus its cricket or baseball. Not both. In the rare cases where the individual does accept both, you can clearly see the effect it has on their personality…:D

Go Catters

Without trying to stereotype people (but I will), Twenty20 is cricket for dummies.

It is designed for the masses.

I get the reason for creating it, but it doesn't do a lot for me.

Twenty20 cricket just looks like Indoor cricket without the netting.

As for major spots I can't stand watching - Tennis and golf.

Don't mind playing them (even though I am crap at both) but watching cures my insomnia very quickly.

Motor racing would be up there as well these days (even though I used to watch a fair bit of F1 when I was younger).

Nowadays I just keeping thinking "these cars just go 'round and 'round, it has been so f**king boring..."

Motorsport is dependent on type for me. F1, V8, FIA Enduro and FIA Rally are all fine. Indy, Nascar and I'm pulling my heart out with a spoon.
And I'm using a spoon because it hurts more….

Go Catters

lol

That is a troll.

Winter Olympics are great. Summer Olympics do little for me.
I enjoy seeing people win for sure. But I watch some stuff on the winter Olympics and think 'wow'

Did you see the first gold medal last night?
That was insane. Guys on snow boards going down hand rails (ala skateboarders) and then doing massive jumps all in the same routine.

One guy actually knew his timing was out and pulled out by just skiing down the side of the jumps.
Won a medal, but that cost him the gold medal.

Why did he do it?
Didn't want to die.

Moto GP
I used to watch it but only because aussies were killing it.

Doohan had some massive rivals. Was good to watch.
Dont watch soccer, dont watch rugby. That's about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Usually individual sports I can't get into, such as Golf, Swimming and Cycling. Others include: Moto GP, Cricket, Baseball, Ice Hockey, UFC, Union, League.
Well said. Anyone that watched the tennis instead of watching Australia defend 220 in the cricket should be charged with treason.
I watched the Tennis. Come at me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back