Spring Carnival 2015 (Horse Racing)

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha and that is why I don't bet anymore! ! Took me 20 years to work out I'm no good at it

haha took me 25, 10 of which working for tabcorp.......only way to get money from them.

been nearly 6 years - enjoying watching CH78 and just watching, no interest in the punt at all.

Hopefully I can win some more spending money today for my Honeymoon which starts Thursday.

In the Cup it is a serious lottery, one of the hardest i can remember to pick a winner should Fame Game not get up.

Fame Game- His times in the Tenno Sho and the way he finishes his races off says with all things being equal he really should win the race, Ran 2 seconds quicker than last years Melbourne cup in that race. The only way i see him getting beat is if Zac Purton settles him too far back, the horse needs to be making his run at the turn in clear room, does need a bit of time to wind up but can sustain a 400m sprint.

The United States- Reminds me a bit of Shocking when he won the cup, very light weight with only 52.5 kg One of the best Jockeys in the world on his back, By Gallileo and has been screaming out for distance, another one that will get back but should settle around midfield today and although his form has been in weaker races, it reeks of a calculated and carefully planned lead up that has gone ideally in my opinion.

Who Shot The Barman- Seems perfectly poised to run a massive race again, record over the distance is fantastic and has been close up in most races leading up to this, will be strong at the end of 3200m while a lot of others would have thrown in the towel, my worry is he may have become a bit of a non winner albeit in G1 races.

Preferment- Very well weighted and has the form on the board, distance should not be an issue being by Zabeel, brilliant turn of foot loves Flemington and also looks a serious chance to me, my only worry is that is he seasoned enough? I don't really like horses that have won too many lead up races and this bloke has won 2, If the horse has not peaked already then he will be right in it.

Roughie- Hokko Brave- Probably a 3 or 4 length inferior horse to Fame Game which is still good enough to win this should something happen to the favourite, tough and resilient and will be very strong at the end of the race, I have a query on his tactical speed and feel he needs to be in the first 8 or 10 coming into the straight but for me this bloke is way over the odds and the best roughie in the race.

Other Races.

Race 1 - No 4 Concealer e/w

Race 5- No 5 Faatinah e/w

Race 6 No 5 Don't doubt Mamma e/w.

Hopefully I can win some more spending money today for my Honeymoon which starts Thursday.

In the Cup it is a serious lottery, one of the hardest i can remember to pick a winner should Fame Game not get up.

Fame Game- His times in the Tenno Sho and the way he finishes his races off says with all things being equal he really should win the race, Ran 2 seconds quicker than last years Melbourne cup in that race. The only way i see him getting beat is if Zac Purton settles him too far back, the horse needs to be making his run at the turn in clear room, does need a bit of time to wind up but can sustain a 400m sprint.

The United States- Reminds me a bit of Shocking when he won the cup, very light weight with only 52.5 kg One of the best Jockeys in the world on his back, By Gallileo and has been screaming out for distance, another one that will get back but should settle around midfield today and although his form has been in weaker races, it reeks of a calculated and carefully planned lead up that has gone ideally in my opinion.

Who Shot The Barman- Seems perfectly poised to run a massive race again, record over the distance is fantastic and has been close up in most races leading up to this, will be strong at the end of 3200m while a lot of others would have thrown in the towel, my worry is he may have become a bit of a non winner albeit in G1 races.

Preferment- Very well weighted and has the form on the board, distance should not be an issue being by Zabeel, brilliant turn of foot loves Flemington and also looks a serious chance to me, my only worry is that is he seasoned enough? I don't really like horses that have won too many lead up races and this bloke has won 2, If the horse has not peaked already then he will be right in it.

Roughie- Hokko Brave- Probably a 3 or 4 length inferior horse to Fame Game which is still good enough to win this should something happen to the favourite, tough and resilient and will be very strong at the end of the race, I have a query on his tactical speed and feel he needs to be in the first 8 or 10 coming into the straight but for me this bloke is way over the odds and the best roughie in the race.

Other Races.

Race 1 - No 4 Concealer e/w

Race 5- No 5 Faatinah e/w

Race 6 No 5 Don't doubt Mamma e/w.
Good call on Concealer. Hope you backed it:thumbsu:

Don't really like Cup Day for punting but still love seeing the horses race.

Will probably have $2 EW on a few horses for fun:
8 Max Dynamite
2 Criterion
20 Bondi Beach
22 The United States

If I have a win, will have another bet in Race 8 - No.9 Malice

Have fun everyone.

Had $20 E/W on my 3rd tip Don't doubt mamma, having a great day so far and If The United States gets up it will be perfect! Got a heap of other bets on but that is the big one!

Had $20 E/W on my 3rd tip Don't doubt mamma, having a great day so far and If The United States gets up it will be perfect! Got a heap of other bets on but that is the big one!
Good work. I had a bit on it as well:thumbsu:

FWIW, I thought it was an ordinary Cup. Lack of pace really killed it. A few of the jockeys lucky to finish the race on top of their mounts too. Some wicked interference.

FWIW, I thought it was an ordinary Cup. Lack of pace really killed it. A few of the jockeys lucky to finish the race on top of their mounts too. Some wicked interference.
I heard this morning the track bias was really bad, favouring the inside.

Proved to be. Nothing made ground. Never happens in the cup.
All inside barriers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on you mate, Ended up ahead for the day but what a terrible race the cup was, they dawdled the whole way and several jockeys got caught napping in a big way, Zac Purdon crucified the favourite, should have got going earlier or settled closer, The fence to about almost middle of the track was ok anything wider had no hope all day long especially coming from the back.
Michelle Payne rode a ripper race and judged the situation better than the rest but guarantee, run that race another 20 times and that horse doesn't get up.
Funny thing is some Indian bloke at my TAB was spruiking the winner to anyone that would listen that morning, I thought "shut up you coat tugger, what would you know" hahaha.

Spoke to a member of Max Dynamite's stable this morning. To say they were confident would be an understatement.
Took it one out in the quad (still would have missed Sea Lord).
Took it one out in Tri and First Four.
Even if it got up P of Penzance would have cost me both by running second.
Glad the winner was such a great story.
Would have had to tune out if Frankie Dettori had of saluted.

My mothers side of the family where heavily involved in the racing, so I know never to bet on any race where I don't know the outcome in advance. This precludes me from enjoying the Spring Carnival:)

I thought there was another lap to go almost the pace they were travelling and how bunched they were. Never seen that before in a Melbourne Cup.

Had one or two got to the front and really clapped the speed on from the 1200 they would have fought out the finish the way that track was playing. Still, the unique thing about this race is 99% of the time the best jockey on the day wins this race not the best horse.

Had one or two got to the front and really clapped the speed on from the 1200 they would have fought out the finish the way that track was playing. Still, the unique thing about this race is 99% of the time the best jockey on the day wins this race not the best horse.

True although I think the horses or the training has improved. I remember 10-15 years ago the horses would be knackered come the end and running on fumes but now they storm home. You're right, it is largely the jockey firstly getting to the right spot then timing the run.

This is why they should have no Alcohol at Sporting Events:

Believe it or not, it was reported she wasn't drunk.

You don't have to be drunk to be stupid, alcohol affects everyone differently and I'd be pissed (excuse the pun) if I couldn't have a beer at an event because of others lack of self control.

Alcohol isn't always the key factor, sometimes people are just dickheads!

Believe it or not, it was reported she wasn't drunk.

You don't have to be drunk to be stupid, alcohol affects everyone differently and I'd be pissed (excuse the pun) if I couldn't have a beer at an event because of others lack of self control.

Alcohol isn't always the key factor, sometimes people are just dickheads!

Guess then she could be a Bogan then

Remove this Banner Ad

Back