Spring Racing

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't mind Zanbagh in GC tbh. 1 start at 2400m beaten a length by Rising Romance. Form around LV last campaign as well, building nicely this prep

Don't mind Zanbagh in GC tbh. 1 start at 2400m beaten a length by Rising Romance. Form around LV last campaign as well, building nicely this prep
Little nibble at the big odds MC, terminators?? Beaten a short margin in the VRC Oaks as well (2500). Has that 3YO fillies form you mentioned...

I actually think More Than Sacred is the one to beat in the GC, big run against the pattern all day at Cranny last start.

Just thought the price a bit skinny, could get out a bit.

Chatatataquaqua not running Friday night.. being saved for Flemington

Where he will bolt in.

I like Lankan Rupee in the Manikato, his first two runs this time in are less than a length off what he did first up and then in the Oakleigh Plate in the Autumn, he found 2 lengths 3rd up in the Newmarket and if he finds that on Friday he elevates above a level that the others in this field are not capable of running to, remember he was running in handicaps against handicappers in his first two runs last time in.

He followed the same pattern in his last Spring campaign, rated solidly first two runs then peaked 3rd & 4th up.

Haven't backed him this time in but now we are getting a good price about a superstar horse who has had excuses this time in.

Where he will bolt in.

I like Lankan Rupee in the Manikato, his first two runs this time in are less than a length off what he did first up and then in the Oakleigh Plate in the Autumn, he found 2 lengths 3rd up in the Newmarket and if he finds that on Friday he elevates above a level that the others in this field are not capable of running to, remember he was running in handicaps against handicappers in his first two runs last time in.

He followed the same pattern in his last Spring campaign, rated solidly first two runs then peaked 3rd & 4th up.

Haven't backed him this time in but now we are getting a good price about a superstar horse who has had excuses this time in.
I tend to agree but I wont be having a crack, I am kind of worried with all the speed in the race and he still has that Moonee Valley hoodoo over him. If it was Caulfield i would unload!

I tend to agree but I wont be having a crack, I am kind of worried with all the speed in the race and he still has that Moonee Valley hoodoo over him. If it was Caulfield i would unload!

Moonee Valley is of some concern, I'm not concerned about the speed in the race however, wasn't suited first up over 1000M chasing the strong pace like he did as it left him vulnerable late and 2nd up he went too slow which gifted the race to Buffering.

Now that he should be ready to peak and at full fitness they would be silly not to lead on him, he should be looking to do what he did in the TJ which was run them off their feet, he went much much faster early in that than he has his first two this time (fair enough given stage of preparation) but we saw what that did to them, broke them up and had them chasing a long way from home.

They would be my tactics on him, run along break them up and hope that he is good enough, if he falls in hole late then so be it, no use being cute on high cruising speed horses, getting them in and out of their rhythm is the worst thing for them.

Moonee Valley is of some concern, I'm not concerned about the speed in the race however, wasn't suited first up over 1000M chasing the strong pace like he did as it left him vulnerable late and 2nd up he went too slow which gifted the race to Buffering.

Now that he should be ready to peak and at full fitness they would be silly not to lead on him, he should be looking to do what he did in the TJ which was run them off their feet, he went much much faster early in that than he has his first two this time (fair enough given stage of preparation) but we saw what that did to them, broke them up and had them chasing a long way from home.

They would be my tactics on him, run along break them up and hope that he is good enough, if he falls in hole late then so be it, no use being cute on high cruising speed horses, getting them in and out of their rhythm is the worst thing for them.

Watching Rebel Dane's last run, I thought he was enormous and will happily take the $8 about him from a top barrier. Willow will have to jump well and kick up to hold a position on the fence in behind the leaders and if he can, and get a split around the bend, will take this out no worries ...

Watching Rebel Dane's last run, I thought he was enormous and will happily take the $8 about him from a top barrier. Willow will have to jump well and kick up to hold a position on the fence in behind the leaders and if he can, and get a split around the bend, will take this out no worries ...

Agree, I'm the biggest non Rebel Dane fan as well, have been burnt quite a few times over the past year or so but that run was him back to his best, best run since winning the Herbert Power last year.. Better barrier than LR so should slot into a nice swooping position. Happy to jump back aboard EW @ $8

No doubting that Rebel Dane was a touch unlucky last time and is more than capable of winning this but until he wins again against top quality opposition you can leave me out.

Won his first 4 starts and only won 2 times since, hasn't won for over 12 months, is always the horse running on saying back me next time and is a much better horse when fresh in my opinion.

If the race was run at a faster pace last time then he doesn't tack onto the back of them like he did and is likely beaten by 2 lengths as his sprint is killed making the ground up.

Lankan Rupee is capable of going to a level that Rebel Dane is not, I'm happy to be with Lankan in this race.

No doubting that Rebel Dane was a touch unlucky last time and is more than capable of winning this but until he wins again against top quality opposition you can leave me out.

Won his first 4 starts and only won 2 times since, hasn't won for over 12 months, is always the horse running on saying back me next time and is a much better horse when fresh in my opinion.

If the race was run at a faster pace last time then he doesn't tack onto the back of them like he did and is likely beaten by 2 lengths as his sprint is killed making the ground up.

Lankan Rupee is capable of going to a level that Rebel Dane is not, I'm happy to be with Lankan in this race.

Horses for courses my only knock. Just think he despises the place. The LR we know puts away the last two races there. At any other course i think he does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MV is some concern but I'm of the opinion he handles it well enough, he has had 3 ordinary rides out of 4 spins around there, he also had the thumps when beaten this night last year.

As I have said he is rating very close to where he was first and 2nd up in his Autumn campaign with me, so as far as I'm concerned he is not all that far off his best and is capable of peaking here like he has in his last two campaign, if he does then good luck beating him.

Make no mistake if Newitt presses on last time instead of handing up then Lankan wins, they walked for this level of horse then dashed home, he takes away his biggest adavantge when doing that, he has a high cruising speed that he can quicken off, the bone head Newitt played into their hands last time.

I haven't backed him this time in but will be jumping on tomorrow night.

Terravista is huuuuuuuge unders, thought $6 would be more appropriate. The Buff is typical EW value. Hope LR brains them and sets up the Darley Classic beautifully.

Iconic wrong price, can run a drum or fill a F4 here with a touch of luck, not really interested in the rest.

Agree that first and 2nd up ratings are not that far from what he did last prep - just more is expected of him now.
Terravista is huuuuuuuge unders, thought $6 would be more appropriate. The Buff is typical EW value. Hope LR brains them and sets up the Darley Classic beautifully.

Iconic wrong price, can run a drum or fill a F4 here with a touch of luck, not really interested in the rest.

Agree regarding Terravista, he is good, very good, I like the way he quickens from a good position in running but I can't get him rating near the level of LR, Buff and Rebel Dane, he has been running in handicaps against 2nd stringers and now comes up in the weights to WFA against the best going around, has to be unders even though he can definitely win it.

I had his last start win 1.5 lengths below what Buffering and LR ran to in the Moir.

Anyone game to back Fast 'n' Rocking in the 1st at MV on Friday night? I have him rated at just over 2's, so he's overs at 2.50, but that barrier puts me off.

Anyone game to back Fast 'n' Rocking in the 1st at MV on Friday night? I have him rated at just over 2's, so he's overs at 2.50, but that barrier puts me off.
Been with him all prep, thought he was a moral beaten last start! More concerned about first go at the valley but he looks like he's going places since the gelding and Williams off is a big bonus for mine!
EDIT Where is the 2.50s? haha

An even batch of sprinters takes a brave man to punt on them, get held up in running or miss getting into the right spot and its over you lose.

Buffering at his peak will always be hard to beat especially if he leads they won't catch him, disappointing Chataqua isn't running keen to see how he matches up.

Been with him all prep, thought he was a moral beaten last start! More concerned about first go at the valley but he looks like he's going places since the gelding and Williams off is a big bonus for mine!
EDIT Where is the 2.50s? haha

Yea, barrier/tempo the reason Im against. Spirits Dance looks to get a great run in front. Was good money for her in the River Delta race at Geelong yesterday with 60kgs before being scratched for this. $4 on race pattern alone seems a very good price to me.

The rail is in the true position on Friday night, so Fast 'N' Rocking should get his fair chance. I'm just concerned from barrier 1 he'll be 3 back and have to ride for luck along the fence.

The rail is in the true position on Friday night, so Fast 'N' Rocking should get his fair chance. I'm just concerned from barrier 1 he'll be 3 back and have to ride for luck along the fence.

For some reason I have it pegged in my head as a Caulfield horse

I'm told by someone who went to Breakfast with the Stars Tuesday that Havana Rey was almost the best trackworker. Don't know much about it but perhaps one to watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back