Spring Racing

Remove this Banner Ad

Bonecrusher couldn't extricate from the spot he found himself in the Turnbull, having ability doesn't mean you can just monster truck everything in your path. He went into that race the $5 favourite after a very good run in the Underwood. That's crazy to say a horse has lost ability because he got bailed up in 2 races plus missed the kick in one of them. That's just racing, once he gets even luck he will perform

Ok - what about the two races apart from the Turnbull?

Ok - what about the two races apart from the Turnbull?

His run in the Underwood was very good and ditto the Caulfield Stakes imo especially for a horse who was only there as an after thought. He got whacked in the face in the Caulfield Stakes which probably didn't help either

Cannot decide on the first and last at this stage. In the first do I follow the plunge on Wandjina or stick with Stratum Star whose been good to me recently.

R2: Fontein Ruby
R3: Woodbine
R4: Rich Enuff
R5: LVP
R6: Foreteller
R7: Hampton Court
R8: Star Fashion probably. Could back half the field though.
R9: No bet at this stage

Might target a very short quaddie and have it a few times.

Hail possible late afternoon according to BOM which'll be fun.

Can't wait.

His run in the Underwood was very good and ditto the Caulfield Stakes imo especially for a horse who was only there as an after thought. He got whacked in the face in the Caulfield Stakes which probably didn't help either

Fair enough - thought his Caulfield Stakes run was average at best - plenty beat him home there that reoppose - and the new blood will have his measure I think. Obviously I am leaving him out of everything (as I did last week) so if he runs anywhere it will blow me out.

Last edited:
Cannot decide on the first and last at this stage. In the first do I follow the plunge on Wandjina or stick with Stratum Star whose been good to me recently.

R2: Fontein Ruby
R3: Woodbine
R4: Rich Enuff
R5: LVP
R6: Foreteller
R7: Hampton Court
R8: Star Fashion probably. Could back half the field though.
R9: No bet at this stage

Might target a very short quaddie and have it a few times.

Hail possible late afternoon according to BOM which'll be fun.

Can't wait.

Think this was on the back of a 10k bet. Was considering him but 5 starts in 35 days and a tough CP prob suggests no improvement. SS def a good chance

In the Carbine Club, one that hasn't had much luck in its last couple of outings is Turquoise King. If it doesn't find trouble or bad luck can it trouble Hucklebuck & Co. ?

Would need to find 4-5 lengths from somewhere. Don't think he is good enough personally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the Wakeful and i cant see past FR, how its drifted while money has come for Abduction has me a little stumped? The general consesus of the thread has been for FR, so I'm happy to be on her

Thoughts on Our Vespa in the Carbine? To be fair, hasn't really done anything wrong. Finished 6th in the Prelude which is bloody impressive considering he should have hit the deck. RE prob had him covered but he looked to be kicking until he became another Liberation victim. 9's just seems like big overs to me
Will be winning ;)

In the Carbine Club, one that hasn't had much luck in its last couple of outings is Turquoise King. If it doesn't find trouble or bad luck can it trouble Hucklebuck & Co. ?

Wayne Hawkes was extremely bullish about its chances today. But then again the Hawkes boys are almost on the same level as Gai when declaring things

Wayne Hawkes was extremely bullish about its chances today. But then again the Hawkes boys are almost on the same level as Gai when declaring things
I find Michael reasonably well spoken, accurate assessor of his horses chances.

Wayne does not instil me with such belief.

Jumped on Farraaj last night @ 15's e/w (Mackinnon). Thought its UK form read ok, must have some talent to be brought to Aus, and then noticed it was a 2nd acceptor for the Cox Plate so yes must have some ability. Missing the CP might work in his favour as the other CP runners in the Mackinnon might be a bit flat after a tough run last week. Opened @ 17's on Sportsbet and is now in to 10's, shorter on Unitab fixed odds. If it can go well fresh then it might be another case of an overseas raider pantsing our better horses.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/25400674/varian-wins-battle-with-moody-stablemates/

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/s...ider-side-glance/story-fnibcaa0-1227108175130

Remove this Banner Ad

Back