Spurs vs Cavs on opening night in San Antonio

Remove this Banner Ad

Wes Tiger

All Australian
May 11, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Huge chance the NBA has this game on the opening night of the 2014/15 season. Spurs unveil their banner, ring night etc against the King back at his old club. Can't wait. The missus is keen for a journey to the USA so looks like I'll be there for a cracking game. Will check out LBJ when he makes his first appearance back at the Quicken Loans Arena also. Love him or hate him, the King sure stirs up a lot of emotion/story lines.

How many heat Fans are now going back to their original club also?:D

Wes Tiger

All Australian
May 11, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I would have thought so too. Strong word going around however that it will be Spurs hosting Cavs.

swans95

All Australian
May 13, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hornets, Rangers, Mets, Scorchers
Spurs would have to be the hosts. The champs get opening night at home so that the home fans get to see the players get their rings and the championship banner being unveiled.

Der Kaiser

All Australian
Jul 21, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Would be so dumb if the defending champs don't open the season up on their own home court.

didaksrightfoot

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Juventus
They will kaiser.

pretty sure this has been announced as a Cavs home game... I can understand, though don't agree with, the league pandering to the Lebron machine - but its pretty ridiculous not having the Champions unveil their rings/banner at home. (Not that the spurs would ever publicly say they care)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wes Tiger

All Australian
May 11, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
pretty sure this has been announced as a Cavs home game... I can understand, though don't agree with, the league pandering to the Lebron machine - but its pretty ridiculous not having the Champions unveil their rings/banner at home. (Not that the spurs would ever publicly say they care)
he 2014–15 NBA season will be the 69th season of the National Basketball Association (NBA). The NBA Draft took place on June 26, 2014, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. The regular season will begin on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 with the defending NBA champions San Antonio Spurs hosting the first game. Christmas games will be played on Thursday, December 25, 2014. The 2015 NBA All-Star Game will be played on Sunday, February 15, 2015 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The regular season will end on Wednesday, April 15, 2015, and the playoffs will begin on Saturday, April 18, 2015.

wikipedia. But they also had written spurs hosting the cavs last time I checked here so who knows mate. Spurs will be playing at home first game unveiling their banner and rings.

didaksrightfoot

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Juventus
he 2014–15 NBA season will be the 69th season of the National Basketball Association (NBA). The NBA Draft took place on June 26, 2014, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. The regular season will begin on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 with the defending NBA champions San Antonio Spurs hosting the first game. Christmas games will be played on Thursday, December 25, 2014. The 2015 NBA All-Star Game will be played on Sunday, February 15, 2015 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The regular season will end on Wednesday, April 15, 2015, and the playoffs will begin on Saturday, April 18, 2015.

wikipedia. But they also had written spurs hosting the cavs last time I checked here so who knows mate. Spurs will be playing at home first game unveiling their banner and rings.

I am basing it on this video (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11277863&ex_cid=espnapi_public)... and I think there's been other mentions of it happening this way on ESPN - which talk abot it like it's a given.
Obviously have to wait for the official schedule.

Wes Tiger

All Australian
May 11, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond

Wes Tiger

All Australian
May 11, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
schedule to be released very soon. I can't see the Spurs playing away first game. Gotta be home surely.

They can pump up a finals re-match at any stage of the year though.

Can't they pump up a LBJ, who also happened to be on the losing team, plus his new super friends vs the defending champ any time of the year as well?

Last edited:
Back