Sri Lanka vs South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes it is his second test but first as keeper. The previous record by a keeper in their first test with the gloves was jointly held by Taber and Read.

Imran Tahir keeping the batsmen in 2 minds: they don't know whether to hit him for 4 or 6. Then Duminy comes on last over before lunch, and gets a wicket second ball.
Good Call hahahah.
It's a pity that Tahir is part of the Quota, I mean a white spinner replacing a coloured one! What sort of racist would suggest that! Saying that, there has never been or is currently any international standard spinners coming out of South Africa.

Good Call hahahah.
It's a pity that Tahir is part of the Quota, I mean a white spinner replacing a coloured one! What sort of racist would suggest that! Saying that, there has never been or is currently any international standard spinners coming out of South Africa.

Tahir plays because he cleaned up the Pakistanis
He came in for Peterson who is coloured anyway

Apparently one of the spectators on day 2 fell asleep, and the bloke next to him stole his sandwiches :)

South Africa have crawled to 3 for 98 at stumps - off 52 overs!!! Holding a 1-0 lead in the series, they clearly want to protect the lead. Somebody asked why this series isn't on Foxtel: if the run rate remains below 2 runs per over, I'm rather glad I don't get to watch it live!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good Call hahahah.

The quota system got removed for the South African national side back in 2007...

Apparently one of the spectators on day 2 fell asleep, and the bloke next to him stole his sandwiches :)

South Africa have crawled to 3 for 98 at stumps - off 52 overs!!! Holding a 1-0 lead in the series, they clearly want to protect the lead. Somebody asked why this series isn't on Foxtel: if the run rate remains below 2 runs per over, I'm rather glad I don't get to watch it live!!!!!

Pretty pathetic to go at 1.9 an over on day 2 when SL went at over 3.5 for the best part of thier innings.

Pretty pathetic to go at 1.9 an over on day 2 when SL went at over 3.5 for the best part of thier innings.
It's typical South Africa. They're brilliant front runners, but when they have to play catch up cricket, they're just about the most boring team on the planet. Mind you, they could teach our blokes a thing or two about how to grind out a draw!!!!!

Great ton by Amla, 139 not out off 382 balls, amazing temperament. Carried the Saffers to a somewhat competitive score.

The Lankans are a great chance to tie the series with it's considerably more potent spinning options.

Please I'm South African and if you think that there is not a significant element of 'positive' discrimination then you are very much mistaken.

I'm not saying there is or isn't, just stating that there's no official rule in place anymore that deems that black or coloured players must be part of the national side.

It's typical South Africa. They're brilliant front runners, but when they have to play catch up cricket, they're just about the most boring team on the planet. Mind you, they could teach our blokes a thing or two about how to grind out a draw!!!!!
Applies to almost everyone but Australia.
When Dhoni, Cook, and, previously, Smith, decide that the Test can't be won, just turn off the television.

When we're staring down the barrel of defeat, they give even the cynics hope of a miraculous victory before falling in a heap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back