Sri Lankan tour of England 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovely. I listened to it on the radio on and off all day and I kept thinking that England would wriggle out of it.

I remember an interview with Kumar Sangakkara a couple of years ago. He was talking about the skipper's job and saying with a great deal of confidence, "Angelo can do it, he is ready." He showed such mettle in this match.

Lovely. I listened to it on the radio on and off all day and I kept thinking that England would wriggle out of it.

I remember an interview with Kumar Sangakkara a couple of years ago. He was talking about the skipper's job and saying with a great deal of confidence, "Angelo can do it, he is ready." He showed such mettle in this match.

Contrast that with Cook who showed that he lacks the ability to read the game. Cook has everything bar this yet it's the most important. England are in a bad spot - rudderless leadership and a totally insular mentality because op the KP stuff. Amazing how things have changed in 12 months.

Contrast that with Cook who showed that he lacks the ability to read the game. Cook has everything bar this yet it's the most important. England are in a bad spot - rudderless leadership and a totally insular mentality because op the KP stuff. Amazing how things have changed in 12 months.

Listen, I hate England, but there is no doubt Cook is a class batsman, after 100 tests he had the record to back it up. But this captaincy stuff is messing with his head really bad, and cricket is at risk of losing this amazing talent to the sesspit of "could-have-been-greats".

ASAP they should be telling him to concentrate on his batting and give the captaincy to Stuart Broad cos he is way, way to valuable to lose.

Some guys are made to step up when given responsibility (Clarke). Some perform even better under pressure and when criticised (Broad). Some can't. Cook is the latter. So be it.

Bring back KP and give him the captaincy - perfect environment to see him thrive.

Listen, I hate England, but there is no doubt Cook is a class batsman, after 100 tests he had the record to back it up. But this captaincy stuff is messing with his head really bad, and cricket is at risk of losing this amazing talent to the sesspit of "could-have-been-greats".

ASAP they should be telling him to concentrate on his batting and give the captaincy to Stuart Broad cos he is way, way to valuable to lose.

Some guys are made to step up when given responsibility (Clarke). Some perform even better under pressure and when criticised (Broad). Some can't. Cook is the latter. So be it.

Bring back KP and give him the captaincy - perfect environment to see him thrive.

Yet they have gone back to Peter Moores as coach - two things are certain - KP is never coming back and Cook has no feel for the onfield requirements of a Captain. There is no heir in their current set up. Bell, Broad will not cut it.

Yet they have gone back to Peter Moores as coach - two things are certain - KP is never coming back and Cook has no feel for the onfield requirements of a Captain. There is no heir in their current set up. Bell, Broad will not cut it.

Why not Broad?

Anderson maybe?

He doesn't? Oh.

Trott, Swann, KP gone, Prior s**t - looks gloomy indeed
If they give it to Root, and he loses his first series, the English papers will read, "ENGLISH CRICKET IS ROOTED." :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

England dropped to 5th in world test rankings.

if they win the indian series by 2 or more tests they jump right back to 3rd, as bad form as they are i think they will still beat india comfortably.

If england won 4-0 vs india and the kiwis win this next test vs the windies then india would fall down to 7th behind even the kiwis.

Hardest neutral series to watch really india vs england, i guess a 2-2 draw where they both stuff up golden opportunities to win the series would be perfect.

if they win the indian series by 2 or more tests they jump right back to 3rd, as bad form as they are i think they will still beat india comfortably.

If england won 4-0 vs india and the kiwis win this next test vs the windies then india would fall down to 7th behind even the kiwis.

Hardest neutral series to watch really india vs england, i guess a 2-2 draw where they both stuff up golden opportunities to win the series would be perfect.

Go England.

Go Kiwis.

By the end of the Australian summer hopefully the f*cks are behind Bangladesh

I like Dhoni, and Kohli is fantastic to watch, but yes, it's hard to choose this one.

The ideal scenario for me would be if England are 9 wickets down, and off the 5th ball of the last over of the match, the Pommy number 11 is trapped plumb LBW, but the umpire fails to raise his finger. Oh what a shame: India doesn't believe in having DRS, so they can't review the decision.

Then it comes down to the last ball of the match: the batsman is beaten, and there's a huge appeal for caught behind. Again, the umpire fails to raise his finger. Oh what a shame: India doesn't believe in having DRS, so they can't review the decision.

England escapes with a nail biting draw!!!!

I just want to see Virat Kholi and Shakhar Dharwan brought down by beam-balls from Stuart Broad - its a win/win

Warne is the ultimate and pure cricket genius, his brain is programmed flawlessly from a cricket perspective. Tactically he has no peer.

Cook is sadly at the other end of the spectrum.
Fair call. Warnie would have made a sensational Aussie captain if circumstances had been different!!!

Fair call. Warnie would have made a sensational Aussie captain if circumstances had been different!!!

If you put Cook's off field and Warnie's on field - you probably have the perfect Captain - Off field statesman, competent media performer and elegant speaker, meshed with on field tactical wizard and cricket psychologist like few we have seen.

A wise man told me that when Steve Waugh retired the then ACB called Punter, Gilly and Warnie in for a interview of sorts for the top job.

Warnie turned up all dolled up and went through his credentials for the job. He went through his presentation and the committee thanked him for it and advised that they would consider him and make a decision in due course. When they asked him if he had anything to further to add he said no, thanked them and turned to leave before recalling one more item that may have helped him win the day;

"Oh and if I get it - I'll stop rooting around"

He then turned and left the meeting. I have it on pretty good authority that is almost word for word what was said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back