List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Luke

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'm wasn't actually writing any of those guys off.

But at this stage they are average at best at AFL level, some will make it, others might not improve, but I can't see too many of them becoming really high quality AFL footballers.

The reality is that Jobe was a much better player than Seb at the same age. In 2006 he played 21 games and averaged 23 touches. 11 games over 25 disp.

I don't want to ditch these guys, but from what we've seen so far, they are not going to cut it against good AFL midfields.

There's also a reason Weller was delisted and not traded. He & Curren are honest battlers, support players.

That isn't the right year of development, though. Jobe had been playing AFL footy for four years at that point, whereas Sebby has only played two so far. Different levels completely.

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue
That isn't the right year of development, though. Jobe had been playing AFL footy for four years at that point, whereas Sebby has only played two so far. Different levels completely.
Completely different? It's one year in the system difference but the same age… and amount of games played.

I think we need to adjust our expectations on Seb a little, hopefully he continues to improve and become a decent AFL footballer, probably not fair to expect another brownlow medallist though. If he starts shredding next year I will be rapt and blown away.

This is Seb's third year, 2006 was Jobe's 4th year.

Periphery

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
well if TDL left we'd still have a need for the nickname Hyphen.

Dylan-Shiel? :p

Stanley a first rounder of any description, Steven a top 4 pick, Armitage a top 10 pick and a second rounder, Lee a top 25, Ross a top 20.

I would be very,very tempted to do all of those.

Package some of them up and trade em for the Dees pick 2 and 3 (if they get the Frawley compo).

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue
Stanley a first rounder of any description, Steven a top 4 pick, Armitage a top 10 pick and a second rounder, Lee a top 25, Ross a top 20.
I'll take the lot… and here is my soul for a second rounder.

I do harbour that fantasy though where Rhys becomes some kind of super-hero… you know the one, leaping tall buildings (consistently), taking speccies, chasing down lewis jetta, kicking 60 metre goals from the boundary, chopping natanui to pieces in the ruck… etc etc

If he did this stuff at another club I would spew my heart out.

Ekomaira

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Package some of them up and trade em for the Dees pick 2 and 3 (if they get the Frawley compo).
Pick 1... St Kilda
Pick 2... St Kilda
Pick 3... St Kilda

g7r0e9.jpg

Two first picks in the 14 and 15 pre-season drafts, with a heavily targeted GWS player(whom we haven't identified yet :) )
Boyd, Buntine, Cameron, Corr, Frost, Giles, Greene, Hoskin-Elliot, Jaksch, O'Rourke, Patton, Shiel, Smith, Stewart, Sumner, Tomlinson, Townsend, Whiley and Wilson (19) have all been mentioned on here at one time or another...

So there's Addison, Barrett, Bugg, Conigilio, Davis, Davis, Downie, Gilham, Golds, Hampton, Haynes, Hunt, Kelly, Kennedy, Lamb, Lobb, McCarthy, Mohr, Mumford, Palmer, Phillips, Plowman, Schulz, Scully, Shaw, Treloar, Ward, Whitfield and Williams (29) left...

Who are we talking about here?

God Save Max King

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 25, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Been named. Rahul gets light-headed whenever he is...
Will is and will be a beast, I reckon he has as much potential as Chad Wingard but won't be able to show it because he plays in that side.

Wild guess is he's talking about Adam Treloar as he's one we haven't mentioned. Devon Smith has been brought up by Rors, but he's another that could be the best of the GWS non-talls.

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
Boyd, Buntine, Cameron, Corr, Frost, Giles, Greene, Hoskin-Elliot, Jaksch, O'Rourke, Patton, Shiel, Smith, Stewart, Sumner, Tomlinson, Townsend, Whiley and Wilson (19) have all been mentioned on here at one time or another...

So there's Addison, Barrett, Bugg, Conigilio, Davis, Davis, Downie, Gilham, Golds, Hampton, Haynes, Hunt, Kelly, Kennedy, Lamb, Lobb, McCarthy, Mohr, Mumford, Palmer, Phillips, Plowman, Schulz, Scully, Shaw, Treloar, Ward, Whitfield and Williams (29) left...

Who are we talking about here?

SOLD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back