Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Look at it this way.

Petracca vs JOR + Jaksch + McCartin/Wright

?

That's exactly the way I was looking at it. It's a win for us, it would have to be to trade pick one. But JOR and Jaksch look likely to leave and GWS could possibly miss out on Petracca and Brayshaw the way the draft is, and then be left to pick up another key forward which they do not need. I'd want something better then just pick 3 or 4 and Jaksch.

TheLastEmperor

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
i just dont rate JOR at all, right now i wouldnt give up anything inside the 3rd round for him. Jaksch is an early 20s, maybe late teens pick trade.

Pick 1 for 3, 20, 57+. maybe i rate pick 1 too highly or our ability to claw something nice out but i thought we could do better than that

just my opinion :( happy to be wrong/alone on this

IMO both are worth around pick 20 (15-25 range).

1 for 3, 20 and 20. A touch overs but if they really want Petracca they'll do it.

I'm not sold that either Bruce will hold that position down long term and Spence is still a less than 50/50 chance of turning into an All-Australian quality forward. Jaksch seems to be better as a defender. The only negative would be "St Kilda trade Pick 1 for Jaksch, picks" would be turned into "St Kilda trade Pick 1 for Jaksch" over time.

i dont think the only concern is bruce. we have to remember delaney is still 26 next year. so if we look at that 2018 date, he'll be 29. as you pointed out bruce is the only other option then. so we need to fill up on some KPDs

Jaksch would give us another option, by then he'd be...what is...23-25? prime age

Pick 1 for O'Rourke, Jaksch and pick 3 is the word according to Thunda.

"Grandad, tell us again. Pleeeeease."

Well kids, the 'Saints 6 Flag' dynasty, it *wipes tear away* it all started with a bird. A pelican in fact. A pelican who could perform powerful list magic-ment the AFL had never seen before.

He turned 3 years of first round picks, a 30 year old back flanker and a 6 foot 8 CHB, who people thought was a ruckman, into 14 premiership players. That's right. Fourteen!

All of Lee, Wright and Murdoch. Hickey, White and Saunders. Dunstan. Acres. Delaney. Savage... Billy Longer too. Patty McCartin, Jon ORourke and Krissy Jaksch was his masterpiece though.

We had pick 1 that year and wouldve taken Plugger McCartin anyway. But the GWS Giants came along and gave us Jono, Krissy and pick 3 for that number 1. As luck would have it we still got Plugger anyway and the rest was history.

Now which year do you wanna watch? 2018? 2020? How about I fill the shell pool with popcorn and we put on the 4 peat of '22-'25 with Plugger breaking Fred Fannings record against the Dogs??

"That's when Luke Dunstan won his 3rd Norm Smith yeah?"

Thats right Billy! He won it in the big win against Port in 2018 and again when we best the Suns in 2020. His third came in 2025 when we smashed the Dogs for the second GF in a row.

And it all started with a Pelican...

;)

_Maximus_12

Premiership Player
Jul 20, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Just curiously, if we did manage to trade Pick 1 for JOR, Jaksch and Pick 3, would this trade be seen as getting 3 picks inside the top 20, given JOR was Pick 3 and Jaksch was Pick 12 (or 13) or do we think Pelch will try land another couple of first round picks?

I dont get it. I thought Jaksch was out of contract. Doesnt that mean he has no value whatsoever considering we have the first pick in the psd?

great point!!! probably not "no value" but he would have his price reduced, if we get his agreement that he wants to come to us

God Save Max King

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 25, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
what would people prefer pick 20 or JOR?
Pick 20 in a draft is unknown, while JOR is a previous top 10 talent who the club obviously rates. Also, for your dislike of Wright, how many big men do you find with an elite kick, marking ability, endurance, tap work, speed for height and length? Not too many. I wouldn't be too disappointed with him at 4.
I dont get it. I thought Jaksch was out of contract. Doesnt that mean he has no value whatsoever considering we have the first pick in the psd?
Considering Carlton are extremely keen, he has value.

stkildathunda

DEMPSTERED
10k Posts St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger 2012 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2011 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 7, 2008
Inside The Circle Of Zen
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd
Just had quick look and since 2011 St Kilda has turned over 36 players on their list. Only 12 players remain that were drafted before 2011 trade/draft period!

Now thats what you call a list cull....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back