List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knightmare has updated his mock and has us taking Petracca at #1
Just watch Ollie Wines at the moment if you want to see why Petracca's the man...

There's some strong mail that we are very keen on Neal-Bullen.
From where?

Don't get that at all... Likened to Lenny, but smaller, has good endurance, but isn't quick, good by hand, but not a super kick... He doesn't exactly set my pulse racing...

From where?

Don't get that at all... Likened to Lenny, but smaller, has good endurance, but isn't quick... He doesn't exactly set my pulse racingSsx

He was SA's most consistent ball winner in the Nationals. He's no Wines or Kennedy but he isn't small. He's a decent size and contested ball winning beast.

I've heard we are keen on him from a number of people on here and twitter. I can't remember who it was from but it will come back to me.

Is he a pure contested ball winner or does he have more in his bag of tricks?
Seems a bit 'good at a lot, but not great at anything'...

I'd take Gore over NB if we want that type of player, but neither at a 2nd round, we need more of a Hartlett type IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we take Tracca, what number will he get? 4 or 8?
32, 33, 37, 38, 40...

Established blokes get to have first crack at the lower numbers IMO.

Combine this:

Putting on my crazy hat for a moment, assuming we aren't THAT into Petracca (hope we are)

1 to GWS for 4, 20, 23
4 to GCS for 7, 14

Go to the draft with 7, 14, 20, 21, 23, 38.
Laverde, Weller, De Goey, Menadue, Ellis, Lonie, Jones (PSD).

With this:

That would be fun if Ryder goes to Port and they give up their first. 16 and 19 for Hickey. Or maybe if we are being a bit more realistic/generous 16 and 19 for Hickey, Siposs and 38?

End up with: 7,14,16,19,20,21,23

:D:D:D:D

Combine this:

End up with: 7,14,16,19,20,21,23

:D:D:D:D
KM's draft
7: Laverde
14: Weller
16: De Goey
19: Bampton
20: Ellis
21: Neal Bullen
23: Vickers - Willis (next non FS/ academy)

People are keen for a pick in the teens, but which club is going to really swap 16 for 21 + 38?
What if a club came to us and asked for 21 for 27+43? Would we take it? No chance I say.

Picks are overrated by everyone and have unrealistic value. Imagine what you'd have to give to get pick 2 (Steven+21 probably). But as soon as a pick has a name against it (eg. O'Rourke) it's value is gone.
If we want a teen pick we'll have to give up something decent unfortunately.
Eg.
Armo
Montagna/Stanley/Gilbert+21

Forget Sippos/Simpkin. They are pick 60+ IMO.

They gave Billings 15 straight up. Guess it's probably a right place right time situation.
They gave Billings #15 not only because he was the #3 pick, but because he wore the number for Scotch College (his APS side). It was a 'right player, right time' situation, Petracca may want another number
KM's draft
7: Laverde
14: Weller
16: De Goey
19: Bampton
20: Ellis
21: Neal Bullen
23: Vickers - Willis (next non FS/ academy)
Would hate that, replace ANB and Bampton with Langford and Menadue and we are set. Don't hate ANB, but don't like that high.

I reckon Petracca plays a bit more like Boak. He's a power athlete. Repeat sprint after repeat sprint.
Maybe Robbie Gray is a better comparison for Petracca; midfielder who is a super dangerous forward...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back