List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, who of ours were they going to give?

Not 100% sure.... Based on what they did get for pick 2 I think the rumoured Armo & pick 18 would be close to the money. Roos was desperate for experienced inside mids so I'd think that Armo would have been in the mix.

The way that Kelly has started his career we can look forward to many years of what ifs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Armitage + Gilbert for Tom Boyd
O'Rourke pre-season draft
Jaksch Pick 50+

Easy done. ;)

Being serious i'm not convinced Armo, Gilbert or Gwilt will be going anywhere unless we get's offered overs as for Gwilt i hope we re-sign him don't want him leaving as a FA and we get nothing. I'd like to see some of our older guys end their careers as saints.

i agree. gwilt just showed how useful he is on the weekend. i actually think he has more versatile than gilbert, its just that he doesnt get moved around much because he has been so usefull down back

i thought he did really well when moved fwd on the weekend. to the point it might be worthwhile playing someone like bruce in gwilts role and then play gwilt out of the square, or in that roaming fwd role he played

Not 100% sure.... Based on what they did get for pick 2 I think the rumoured Armo & pick 18 would be close to the money. Roos was desperate for experienced inside mids so I'd think that Armo would have been in the mix.

The way that Kelly has started his career we can look forward to many years of what ifs!

thier is absoloutley no way we were getting 2 for armo and 18.. im sorry but if peltch and co thought that was a real offer they were kissing themself.

i agree. gwilt just showed how useful he is on the weekend. i actually think he has more versatile than gilbert, its just that he doesnt get moved around much because he has been so usefull down back

i thought he did really well when moved fwd on the weekend. to the point it might be worthwhile playing someone like bruce in gwilts role and then play gwilt out of the square, or in that roaming fwd role he played
As I've said in the thread for this week's game against the bummer-jabbers, yeah, I reckon Gwilt showed something up forward. Listed at only 188cm, so hardly what you'd call a 2nd tall - but I reckon he plays taller than that, and can add some strength and nous to the forward line.

As I've said in the thread for this week's game against the bummer-jabbers, yeah, I reckon Gwilt showed something up forward. Listed at only 188cm, so hardly what you'd call a 2nd tall - but I reckon he plays taller than that, and can add some strength and nous to the forward line.
Have we found our Def/Fwd all clubs seem to have now days? :p

I hope Schneids can go another year but he's not having much luck with his

Glad that deal wasn't done then. Might have cost us Luke Dunstan.

thier is absoloutley no way we were getting 2 for armo and 18.. im sorry but if peltch and co thought that was a real offer they were kissing themself.

All I know is that they walked out thinking that the deal was done. What the deal was I dont know (as I said).

It might have been Armo 18 & 19 as well but Im just guessing.

I've never heard of the term 'kissing themself'... sounds nasty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But realistically he's only 2 or 3 seasons.

so you want to trade him. pretty sure melbourne had the same theory.

2 or 3 seasons with dempster around players like bruce, delaney, wright, webster, roberton will be invaluable. thats before you then think of players like acres and any other future draftees/recruits that could be played there

then theres his attitude to training that rubs off on the others that dont play down back

he's an absolute general down there in the backline. he's basically an assistant coach on the field

I still can't understand how anybody can think it's all about one player. If Geelong can lose Gary Ablett, a guy who people keep talking about as the best in the game and go on to win the flag the very next year surely that puts an end to that sort of talk. Kelly looks like he's going to be a nice player but 22 run out there every week, not one.

Mini rant over.

We do have to take great care here, we can't become a Melbourne and the list managers would know this as well.

I think one 25+ will be traded with a pick for a sub 20 pick hopefully and the club will probably leave it at that.

We do have to take great care here, we can't become a Melbourne and the list managers would know this as well.

I think one 25+ will be traded with a pick for a sub 20 pick hopefully and the club will probably leave it at that.
montagna and armo since geary is throwing away his once perceived upside

Okay, is there any State-league full forward who would be an upgrade on Beau for next year? KAHN or Michael Lourey from the Dolphins?

Can't help thinking if we could welcome Kahn back, it couldn't be too terrible. Good for the NZ thing.

Okay, is there any State-league full forward who would be an upgrade on Beau for next year? KAHN or Michael Lourey from the Dolphins?

Can't help thinking if we could welcome Kahn back, it couldn't be too terrible. Good for the NZ thing.

:eek: please Perse...don't set him off!

Houlihan?

According to grant thomas at the time, "he was the best houlihan". I remember grant Thomas said that as I laughed when we delisted the guy without him even playing a game.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Thanks Perse... ;)

Khaaaaaan!:
24, 199cm 101kg

Rd 1 v Sandy - 2.2 goals from 8 kicks, 6 handballs (71% eff.) and 5 marks

Rd 2 vs Northern Blues - 3 goals from 10 kicks, 5 handballs (73% eff.) and 8 marks last week in a narrow loss.

Along with 28 hitouts and featuring in the Bests across both games, including Frankston's B.O.G last week.

Good numbers, but I wouldn't be breaking the door down to get him.

As for Lourey, he's only listed at 188cm (although I've also seen 191cm); he's a very good footballer, and gets away with his comparative lack of height at VFL level, particularly as he's a strong 90kgs, but I'm not sure he's the answer either.

I say we head to the draft.

Last edited:
Please, forget KH, it is not going to happen! We will draft elite, YOUNG talent, unless someone is thrown in as steak knives ala Savage.
In regards to the NZ thing, just get us back to Tassy asap.

Agreed Brian; theoretically I can see us going for Wright, Durdin, McCartin or Goddard - whomever is there at our first pick if we go tall - and then a second more speculative KPP (again probably a forward at heart) like McKenzie or Watchman later in the draft.

The big blokes can often go later, ala the pretty highly rated 196cm 100kg Mitch Harvey last year at #45; one will be thereabouts this year too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back