List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for those in the know; does Port Adelaide get to pre-list their Academy kids like Brisbane, or is it just a grandly named pathway program?

There's a kid Ben Beioley (191cm, 82kgs) who's started off the season with 10 goals in 3 games - was held goal-less in 1! - after kicking 48 in 11 games in the U16s last season.

Not eligible til the 2015 draft, but jeez that's some impressive work.

Thanks Perse... ;)

Khaaaaaan!:
24, 199cm 101kg

Rd 1 v Sandy - 2.2 goals from 8 kicks, 6 handballs (71% eff.) and 5 marks

Rd 2 vs Northern Blues - 3 goals from 10 kicks, 5 handballs (73% eff.) and 8 marks last week in a narrow loss.

Along with 28 hitouts and featuring in the Bests across both games, including Frankston's B.O.G last week.

Good numbers, but I wouldn't be breaking the door down to get him.

As for Lourey, he's only listed at 188cm (although I've also seen 191cm); he's a very good footballer, and gets away with his comparative lack of height at VFL level, particularly as he's a strong 90kgs, but I'm not sure he's the answer either.

I say we head to the draft.

Wasn't there some guy playing for Claremont who kicked 36 for the season including 27 in seven matches. Just saying.

Wasn't there some guy playing for Claremont who kicked 36 for the season including 27 in seven matches. Just saying.
Difference is, one's a bloke who's a GOP at AFL level and has never been anything but, and the other is a barely 17yr old kid with (potentially) a lot of improvement to come.

Couldnt hurt to rookie a couple of key forward as we have 4 rookie mids. Minch and shent will prob be gone this year mav and eli will be on the main list. So a fresh batch of rookies will be very exciting.

I hope at some point we just try to get White into the seniors and give him 4 games to settle in. He seems an unmotivated type and might not suit the VFL until he comes good model. A guy who does work for me played saints under 18s with Plugger and said the thought he was possibly mentally *ed in his first year. The next year he came out and kicked butt.

I hope at some point we just try to get White into the seniors and give him 4 games to settle in. He seems an unmotivated type and might not suit the VFL until he comes good model. A guy who does work for me played saints under 18s with Plugger and said the thought he was possibly mentally ******ed in his first year. The next year he came out and kicked butt.

No point bringing him in for 2 games and droppping him because he didn't touch the footy. Need to give him 4 games minimum but I would prefer we set him for the block from rounds 15-20. Assuming Roo and Stanley are the other 2 talls during these games he would cop the 3rd best tall defender -

Richmond @ Etihad - Astbury
Carlton @ Etihad - Simon White/Bootsma/Watson
North @ Hobart - Grima
Freo @ Etihad - Johnson
GC @ Metricon - May
Bulldogs @ Etihad - Morris/Young

This would give him a good mix of home games and a couple of road trips as well as exposing him to different styles of individual defence and team defence. By the time he got to the Dogs game he should have learned a couple of things and be ready to really show us what he can do. Then, if he doesn't quite explode, we can tell him we dont want to push him too hard/fast and drop him to the VFL (depending on the form of Lee/Maister/Longer) to smash a few games there to build his confidence and finish the season in style.

Come preseason for 2015 he then knows where he is in the pecking order and what is required to play at AFL level.

Last edited:
I think White needs to get the right mentality and tangible performance before he gets a seniors shot. I think that's how Richo will work it too, as he seems a man who sticks to principles.

I'm met many a young athlete who struggles mentally, with preparation and with poor performance. I see it in the workplace too; some kids leave school at 18 and they get a culture shock in a working environment - an office for example. First year or so they are inevitably immature and unprofessional to an extent. Then it's year 2 - grow up and grow into your adult life, or deal with the fallout. I hope White and our other young players all buckle down and become AFL pros and reach their potential. But history and averages suggest some won't make it.

we shouldnt feel so bad. after what i saw of the west coast 2nds today, we are flying.

i liked brennan before tonight. just saw George Hampson destroy him. 5 goals and 24 disposals, 6 I50. he was asleep for the better part of 2 qtrs too.

mcginnity is a hack and a sniper. has to go.
ash smith terrible.
tunbridge terrible.
karpany terrible.

if i was adam simpson i'd be hoping hoping hoping that priddis or selwood dont go down this year, cause if they do, theyre screwed.

But if you ask an eagles supporter their depth is awesome , and they have that phenomenal talent nic natanui . They are on the way down and hopefully soon so I can start reading the west Australian. Paper again without all the eagles propaganda

we shouldnt feel so bad. after what i saw of the west coast 2nds today, we are flying.

i liked brennan before tonight. just saw George Hampson destroy him. 5 goals and 24 disposals, 6 I50. he was asleep for the better part of 2 qtrs too.
Hampson was your man last year, wasn't he? Turning 25 next year, do you think theres a spot for him on a list?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hampson was your man last year, wasn't he? Turning 25 next year, do you think theres a spot for him on a list?

i think its too late :-( he still has a light frame, but god damn can he read the play well and turn games. isnt as classy with his disposal either like a billings

Been a big George Hampson fan Defacto :thumbsu:

Just reads the play so well. Isn't blessed with lightening pace and his skills are solid enough but what he does do is just rack up the numbers. Hitting the scoreboard only excalates his worth IMHO.

i agree mate. for me he is a mix between a lenny hayes and montagna. i would have thought he would be on a rookie list by now, but nope

I know we've got Roo, Stanley, Maister, Lee and White, but seeing as White's unproven, Lee and Stanley are still not locks and Maister is a non/performing stop-gap, it's worth pointing out that Brett Eddy (former Sandy/Collingwood 2s) has started like a runaway train for South Adelaide in the SANFL; 16 goals in 3 games at an average of 5.3 per game, after 13 in 5 games in the SANFL Reserves last year.

At 24 in August, 194cm and 93kgs he's big enough to be a genuine full forward, and the right age to still be a very useful member of the squad when we're up and about around 2018, when he'd be 27/28.

Obviously a Sam Day or Kristian Jaksch is probably preferable, but there's something to be said for proven state league campaigners and, IMO, always room for a solid reserve KPP.

Would we have a look at the uncontracted Gaff from WC? I reckon more outside polish in the midfield is a priority. Watching Schnides and Billings showed the importance of qualify disposers and more importantly quality forward 50 entries.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but if Frawley keeps up his good form up forward, i'd definitely be interested.

We'd be derelict if we didn't think about it; our next 4 games are Brisbane, Hawks at the G, Carlton and GC both at Etihad, we could easily be 6 and 3 going into the bye, now that would be way to early to say that we're back but for sure we will start to rethink where we are at in our rebuild.

If at the end of the year we take stock and say our results justify saying we are two years better than we thought then Chip could be ideal. If we are a genuine finalist next year and lets face it there's a few clubs that are kidding themselves this year, we could be a good fit for each other. He'd certainly be a better bet to help transition the loss of Roo, than Lee and Maister on exposed form.

Not an absolute surety but a more secure choice than trying to get a young'un out of GWS or the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back