List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3+6 is so much better than 4+7, sounds like a stupid thing to say but here's how I see it;

Petracca
v
v
v
McCartin
v
Brayshaw
v
v
v
v
Wright
v
v
v
v

Then there's about 8 or 9 guys all showing huge talent but not the dominance of the aforementioned players. 3 + 6 would guarantee us one of Brayshaw or McCartin, stoked with that, and 6 would give us an early pick at the next level of class. Lever, Durdin, Laverde, Pickett, Ahern, Weller.
I agree to a certain extent.. If that trade does happen I'm not overly worried about the dropping from 6 to 7, but dropping from 3 to 4 is substantial in my opinion.. Petracca, Brayshaw, McCartin are easily the top 3 in my book and I'd be happy with any one of them.. I don't rate Wright anywhere near those 3 and personally wouldn't have him in the top 5.. If GWS want pick #1 bad enough I hope we are adamant that in order for them to get it, we require at least pick 3 as part of the deal, forcing them to deal with Melb if as expected, as farcical as it is they get 3 for Frawley..
3 & 7 for pick #1 you would definitely consider strongly knowing Brayshaw or MCCartin would be available, but 4 & 7 could come back to bite us on the backside if we bypass drafting one of those top 3..

Re Membrey; does it mean we have no trust in Lee, Siposs or Markworth as that high HF, or do we see Membrey as a potential big-bodied, part time mid?

188/90 with a thumping boot; I see him as a potential Hamill mark II...

Re Membrey; does it mean we have no trust in Lee, Siposs or Markworth as that high HF, or do we see Membrey as a potential big-bodied, part time mid?

188/90 with a thumping boot; I see him as a potential Hamill mark II...
Could be bad news for your rm hopes

Surely GWS wouldn't give up 2 top six picks for pick 1??
.....If GWS are dead keen on Petracca then 3 + 6 should be the price, assuming the Carlton/Hawks deals are correct.
3 & 6
A beautiful set of numbers or a sobering reality?
Anyone else feel like the woman we've been dating, confident in the knowledge that we had the right stuff, has suddenly made it quite clear that there is competition and we shouldn't be so cocksure of ourselves?

Petracca will be an absolute ball-tearer should we take him.
Although 3 & 6 has a magical ring to it too.
It seems 4 & 7 might be stretching the friendship, but then the door to the PSD is still wide open.

This is the kind of curly question the direction-finding Pelican lives for and will be dreaming about.

Hahah a guy on the gws board suggested that if they dont get pick 1 they should take the punt and pick cockatoo with there first.

any chance this kid will go first round?

Armo and/or Stanley

As has been said ad nauseum, unless there's a deal on offer that just cant be knocked back, we've just gotta run with Petracca. We'll still be aggressive & those two are the most expendable IMO.

Whether we get an offer worth trading them for is another thing

Thinking out aloud & seeking a win-win trade..
Petracca is the right fit for the club in our re-build, & Dave Armitage would be the missing piece for the GC midfield..

Armo unfortunately keeps drawing the short straw for me also, as I see Petracca as a ready made replacement with huge upside on Armo..

Armo, & pick 21 to GC for picks 14 & 27..
On trade picks 14 & 27 to GWS for Jaksch, picks 20 & 23..

Lose: Armitage & pick 21
Gain: Jaksch, picks 20 & 23..

Having now gained a KD in Jaksch (And trumping the Blues) we're off to the draft with picks 1 (Petracca) 20 (McKenzie) & 23 (Cockatoo)..:cool:

how? who do we trade out for more picks?

Armo

If we get Petracca at #1 then we have Steven & Petracca as the speedy inside/outside mids capable of going forward and Dunstan & Ross the main extractors. Add others such as Weller & Murdoch & we've got enough big bodied capable inside mids.

If it meant trading Armo to get Petracca as well as getting the extra pick inside our second round I'd strongly consider it.

BTW if anyone wants a good read have a peep at the last 10 pages or so of the Frawley thread on the Melbourne board.

All the talk of Geelong and pick 3 followed by Frawley going to the Hawks on 450k a year and the sudden realisation that band 1 compo isn't a sure thing...

It's like watching a train crash in slow motion.
I can't enjoy watching Melbourne fans suffering any more than they have already.
Let's just pray that we don't spend the next 10 years in the bottom 4 like they have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any player that improves your list or is an upgrade is always required by Clubs, even if you have a plethora of similar types of players.
The problem with this approach is that you fill up your list with ordinary mature players who are marginally better than your current ordinary players.
Players like Taylor Hunt & Liam Jones would improve our list, but would just actually hinder our progress if they keep young guys from playing games in the 1's.

Armo

If we get Petracca at #1 then we have Steven & Petracca as the speedy inside/outside mids capable of going forward and Dunstan & Ross the main extractors. Add others such as Weller & Murdoch & we've got enough big bodied capable inside mids.

If it meant trading Armo to get Petracca as well as getting the extra pick inside our second round I'd strongly consider it.
our mate John Bonney has already alluded to the fact that Armo aint going anywhere.

Ryder to PA also scuttles any chance of Stanley (+ steaknives) getting that pick 15

How else are we going to get up the draft order???

Left_Billings great stuff, thankfully someone else can see why I don't rate Tom Lamb and never will. He was never near best on in that game.
Thought Petracca struggled, but he takes the game and opponents on and we neead that. He has 'alpha dog' written all over him.
1 slight change it was McLaren not Marchbank.

Last edited:
20 becomes 21 which means it's just a 1 pick upgrade which is a waste of time. They want pick 1 they give up.

Pick 3/4, 6/7 and 20/21 for Pick 1 and a late pick or something.

I'd take two top 10 picks over just Petracca personally.
Frawley isn't going to net the Dees pick 3.

Will be Pick 21 IMO (after GWS Compo at 20)

Read into this what you will:

Going, going, gone? Who's on the move and where they are going

Kristian Jaksch
Whispers:
Deciding between Carlton and St Kilda but the Western Bulldogs have been interested at times throughout the season. St Kilda is the frontrunner.
AFL.com.au says: GWS thinks the versatile tall is talented but accept he is returning to Victoria. After being No.12 pick two years he should command an early second-round pick at bare minimum.

Jono O'Rourke
Whispers:
North Melbourne, St Kilda and Hawthorn are all circling the former No.2 draft pick, who has requested a trade home to Victoria. Out of contract after two seasons with Greater Western Sydney, he shapes as a key cog in the exchange period.
AFL.com.au says: St Kilda is in a strong position to secure the midfielder, who could form part of a trade between the Giants and Saints involving pick No.1 and other selections.

SPECULATIVE

Draft pick No.1
Whispers:
The Saints' prized pick is on the table as the club looks to multiply its picks inside the top 21. A deal is yet to emerge, but Melbourne or GWS could look to trade up in the first round, throwing in a second strong pick or young player to get the deal over the line.
AFL.com.au says: One of Kristian Jaksch or Jono O'Rourke, who are speaking with the Saints, could be bundled with the Giants' pick No.3 in exchange for the first selection.

James Gwilt
Whispers:
Delisted by St Kilda, the defender is keen to play on and has spoken to GWS and Melbourne. Can be signed as a delisted free agent, so expect his future to take shape later in the exchange period.
AFL.com.au says: The Demons have other tall defenders in their sights, so GWS appears the more likely destination.

Taylor Hunt
Whispers:
Put off contract talks late in the season and could leave the club 12 months after he was first speculated about as a trade option. Played seven games in 2014 – the last of those in round nine – with a groin injury sidelining him for nine weeks.
AFL.com.au says: St Kilda has indicated it is interested in talking to Hunt, but his trade will depend on other dominoes falling first.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-03/going-going-gone

Hope the Hunt rumour isn't true, do not rate, do not want

Just watches the AIS u/18 vs the collingwood vfl and it actually showed quite a bit:
- Petracca will play round one next year, looked miles stronger then any other 18 year old
- Pickett has so much talent and despite being quite small he is very hard to tackle. very impressed
- Goddard has no awareness of how to play in the forward line, ran in circles. definitely a backliner
- Weller is the perfect outside mid we need with his speed and pin point kicking
- Lamb has no defensive side to his game, doesn't man up, try's to get forward and doesn't handball did get the ball a fair bit though
- Wright competed hard against witts in the ruck and managed to take a few grabs up forward
- Mccartin can mark. took him only 30 seconds to mark and goal before not returning to the field
- Marchbank actually managed to hold up well strength wise against lynch and witts
- Heeney is an absolute bargain at pick 18
- Clem Smith wants to kill someone... seriously. hardest tackler for a 177cm man
- Brayshaw has the potential as an in and out mid. Best on

Great post!!!! I wouldn't be unhappy if we ended up with Pickett if we got another first rounder

The problem with this approach is that you fill up your list with ordinary mature players who are marginally better than your current ordinary players.
Players like Taylor Hunt & Liam Jones would improve our list, but would just actually hinder our progress if they keep young guys from playing games in the 1's.

I would suggest that the Saints recruiters must see that there is further development left in those 2. Hunt has dropped away but maybe Geelong holding on to some old boys has pushed guys like him out. Johnny Simpkin went to the Hawks and has deserved his spot when he played. We haven't picked well with Maister and TDL but it shouldn't rule out future pick ups. I just hope they do some better homework on them. I think they have actually delisted hunt so he is just a delisted free agent or potential mature age rookie. Only costs a spot on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back