Should current players be picked?

• Yes

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Im actually really surprised noone has been double picked yet.. fair effort!

1981_VFL-AFL_Scanlens_165_Jeff_Dunne_St_Kilda_Saints.jpg

Pick #92: Jeff Dunne
176cm – 76kg

Somehow he's still here, thankfully. Jeff Dunne was known as a hard running defender who often played in the back pocket. He was a very valuable member of the Saints' team over his 7 season St Kilda career, averaging 18.62 disposals a game. He finished equal 6th in the 1979 Brownlow Medal and equal 11th in the 1981 Brownlow Medal. He also won our club's best and fairest award back to back, in 1979 and 1980. He played 101 games and kicked 20 goals for us. He also had represented Victoria.

Need some more running backmen to assist David Grant, Dunne will do nicely in the back pocket.

12Chill's Chargers (12Chill)
FB: Jeffrey Dunne / William Cubbins / Sean Dempster
HB: David Grant / ------------------ / ---------------
C: Leigh Montagna / Andrew Thompson / ---------------
HF: ---------------- / Alan Davis / Bruce Duperouzel
FF: --------------- / Fraser Gehrig / ---------------
R: Jeff Sarau / Robert Harvey / Ross Smith (c)
I/C: --------------- / --------------- / --------------- / --------------

Was halfway through the write-up before I realised I'd committed the dreaded double-up, so back to the board, and....

image5689

Pick 94 - Uncle Barrels' Barbarians: Harry MOYES, South Yarra (170cm 66kg): brilliant small forward

St Kilda Career: 61 games (128 goals)
St Kilda leading goalkicker: 1915, 1921, 1922, 1923

At only a touch taller than current cult figure Caleb Daniel, Moyes was a goalkicking machine. In five (and a fraction) seasons with the Saints, the left-footed forward won the goalkicking in every season bar 1924 - his final season with the club - before crossing to Melbourne where he kicked 55 goals in their 1926 premiership season, including 3 goals in the Grand Final.

Moyes missed the war years, signing on with the 3rd Division, 1st AIF to fight on the Western Front - finding time to kick 2 goals in an AFL exhibition match in London in 1916 - before returning to the Saints after demobilising, for the last three games of the 1919 season.

With a goals-per-game average that betters the great Stephen Milne, Moyes takes his place in the Barbarians' remaining forward pocket.

Last edited:
Who were you going to pick Barrels?

Defacto
Peter Bennett mate, had a better goals per game ratio.

Stoked to get Moyes though; up the lefties!

EDIT: that's some 'Johnny on the spot' post editing there TN. Hats off.

Last edited:
Put me down for Les Foote, chuck him on the wing
33 games for the Saints, 134 for Norf...

Surely we haven't reached this kind of nadir yet?

33 games for the Saints, 134 for Norf...

Surely we haven't reached this kind of nadir yet?

Haha. In his defence he still won a Saints Best n Fairest, even if he didn't stay long after that, not a lot of BnF'ers still available. Agreed though, I think their are a couple of really good players left, I've got a couple I hope last into the early 100s, they'll be bargains.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering tribunal visits my team are Saints in name only, let's add to that:

Pick 96 - Robbie 'Mad Dog' Muir (W)
Reported 13 times in an interrupted seven season career, he's before my time but no-one lasts that long on an AFL list under those circumstances without being bloody good. And can we really blame him for wanting to flatten the entire Carltank team?

Annoyingly all the forwards I wanted for this pick were snapped up, so with a little research...

Pick 97 - Keith Rosewarne (FP)
Played as a rover, in six seasons he kicked 150 goals in 92 games and is the right size for a forward pocket so there he goes.

B: Barry Lawrence, Bob Murray, BP
HB: HB, Jason Blake, HB
C: Robbie Muir, Lance Oswald, Dean Rice
HF: HF, Dave McNamara, HF
FF: Keith Rosewarne, Tony Lockett, Roy Cazaly
F: Carl Ditterich, Daryl Griffiths, David Armitage
I/C: 1, 2, 3, 4

Defacto, you're up

Considering tribunal visits my team are Saints in name only, let's add to that:

Pick 96 - Robbie 'Mad Dog' Muir (W)
Reported 13 times in an interrupted seven season career, he's before my time but no-one lasts that long on an AFL list under those circumstances without being bloody good. And can we really blame him for wanting to flatten the entire Carltank team?

Annoyingly all the forwards I wanted for this pick were snapped up, so with a little research...

Pick 97 - Keith Rosewarne (FP)
Played as a rover, in six seasons he kicked 150 goals in 92 games and is the right size for a forward pocket so there he goes.

B: Barry Lawrence, Bob Murray, BP
HB: HB, Jason Blake, HB
C: Robbie Muir, Lance Oswald, Dean Rice
HF: HF, Dave McNamara, HF
FF: Keith Rosewarne, Tony Lockett, Roy Cazaly
F: Carl Ditterich, Daryl Griffiths, David Armitage
I/C: 1, 2, 3, 4

Defacto, you're up

**** you! I wanted Robbie Muir at my very next pick, damn it :(

Team 2 (Defacto)
FB: --------------- / Darryl Wakelin / Brian Sierakowski
HB: Trevor Barker / Neil Roberts / ---------------
C: ------------------ / Glenn Elliott / Les Foote
HF: Gilbert McAdam / Nick Riewoldt / ---------------
FF: Stephen Milne / Jason Heatley / Adam Schneider
R: Michael Gardiner / Brett Voss / -----------------
I/C: --------------- / --------------- / --------------- / ---------------

**** you! I wanted Robbie Muir at my very next pick, damn it :(

People forget, RM could seriously play. Was just a little loose. Well, maybe a little more than a little. :)

But, in today's environment where he could be properly supported, I reckon he'd be a star

Back