Remove this Banner Ad

felsty

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints
Ill pick Ernie Sellars a 170cm full forward who led the Saints goal kicking 3 years in a row and propelled them to their first ever Grand Final!

Solid boot but only tall enough for my forward pocket! Sorry for the delay boys

saintkildaman youre up!

saintkildaman

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 1, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Pick 1: Steven Sziller (BP)

First pick is purely for team balance. I'll move Steven Baker to centre and play Steven Sziller in the back pocket thanks.

Needing some midfield depth so moved Baker into the guts leaving a tough defender position open. Sziller fits the criteria after playing 118 games for the Saints either in defence or as a tagger. Can play forward if needed too.

Pick 2: Farren Ray (HB)

Some may critisize this pick but I feel as though they are underating Farren Ray. After 200 AFL games Ray is a reliable role player and I feel he compliments my defence nicely with good rebound, strong overhead and a good size.

TN25

Premiership Player
Suspended
Sep 8, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Scorchers, Glory, Southampton
Nothing wrong with you guys spending time with your families rather than doing this draft. Don't feel pressured to come check if it's your pick, just enjoy the festive season. We'll get back to normal drafting closer to the new year.

felsty

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints
Ill pick Jim Odea on a half back flank thanks!
Not the flashiest of players but a hard at it mongrel all the same.
Best known for his 10? Week suspension for belting a poor collingwood player behind play.. would we say poor collingwood player? I digress..
Half Back Pocket

Felsty's Fighters

FB: -------------- / Drinan / ----------
HB: Peckett / Colling / O'Dea
R: Everitt / Payze / Dal Santo
C: Cunningham / Hayes (C) / Trott
HF: ---------- / Gleeson / -----------
FF: Shelton / Koschitzke / Sellars
IC:

Last edited:

TN25

Premiership Player
Suspended
Sep 8, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
saintkildaman I have your team looking this before your last two picks.

FB: Steven Baker / Danny Frawley / Sam Gilbert
HB --------------- / Sam Fisher / Austin Jones
C: Nicky Winmar / --------------- / Jason Gram
HF: --------------- / Rex Hunt / Alex Jesaulenko
FF: --------------- / Bill Young / ---------------
R: Ben McEvoy / Nathan Burke / ---------------
I/C: --------------- / --------------- / --------------- / ---------------

I can't put Sziller in the pocket so where do you want me to put him? I may have put a player in the wrong position though

12Chill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
saintkildaman I have your team looking this before your last two picks.

FB: Steven Baker / Danny Frawley / Sam Gilbert
HB --------------- / Sam Fisher / Austin Jones
C: Nicky Winmar / --------------- / Jason Gram
HF: --------------- / Rex Hunt / Alex Jesaulenko
FF: --------------- / Bill Young / ---------------
R: Ben McEvoy / Nathan Burke / ---------------

I can't put Sziller in the pocket so where do you want me to put him? I may have put a player in the wrong position though

He said to put Baker into the center and Sziller to take his spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12Chill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
dl10863

Pick #108: Vic Cumberland - (Brighton, Tasmania)
182cm – 86.5kg

It’s beyond me how Vic Cumberland has lasted this far, I almost can’t believe it, perhaps the reason he’s an old style ruckman, at just 6 foot tall, but I had to find a place for him. Cumberland was a legendary player, he started his career at Melbourne, playing 50 games including the 1900 premiership and kicked 15 goals. He was described as a top shelf player with exceptional ability.

But then he joined St Kilda. He had multiple stints at our club with a few interruptions. He joined us for 1903-1904 and played 26 games, kicking 20 goals. He left for New Zealand to play for the Auckland Imperials in an attempt to grow the game over there, such was his love for our sport. He returned for 1907 and 1908, playing a further 28 games for 20 goals. For three years (1909-1911) he played for Sturt in South Australia (Vic was quite a traveller if you hadn’t noticed), and he won the 1911 Magarey Medal as Sturt’s second winner after finishing 2nd the year previous. He was already at 35 years of age when he returned to the Saints in 1912, and he played until 1915 amassing 62 games and 31 goals. He served in World War 1 and returned to play at our club AGAIN in 1920, at the ripe old age of 43 (making him the oldest ever player to play) for a further 10 games and 1 goal. In case you lost track, his total was 126 games and 71 goals for St Kilda. With superb stamina, he was a natural running ruckman with a strong mark. He could supposedly kick a super distance, perfecting the drop punt, the stab kick and the drop kick. It’s said he took a habitual liking to grabbing the ball straight out of the ruck and handballing to a teammate, nobody could match him in the air such was his skill and strength. He helped lift us to our first ever finals appearance in 1907 and helped take us to our first Grand Final in 1913, and despite losing to Fitzroy, Cumberland was named in the best.

In Vic Cumberland’s final game at the age of 43, there were 9 St Kilda players in the team who were yet to be born when he played his first ever VFL match, how’s that for a stat? He represented South Australia on 9 occasions, and Victoria on 3 occasions. To top it off, he’s an inductee of the football Hall of Fame.

A poem was also written about him.
''The finest player of them all, we’ve seen what he can do
He’s the greatest champion on the ball St Kilda ever knew
When from the ruck he brings it out or taps it with his hand
You’ll hear the old familiar shout of ‘Good boy Cumberland.’''

I'll move Allan Davis to a forward pocket where he is more suited in a modern game due to his freakish capabilities and height while Cumberland will form a ruck rotation duo with Sarau and start at CHF.

12Chill's Chargers (12Chill)
FB: Jeff Dunne / William Cubbins / Sean Dempster
HB: David Grant / ------------------ / Robert Elphinstone
C: Leigh Montagna / Andrew Thompson / ---------------
HF: ---------------- / Vic Cumberland / Bruce Duperouzel
FF: Allan Davis / Fraser Gehrig / ---------------
R: Jeff Sarau / Robert Harvey / Ross Smith (c)
I/C: --------------- / --------------- / --------------- / -------------

TN25

Premiership Player
Suspended
Sep 8, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Better hope Vic isn't rucking against Sandilands. A lazy 29cm difference

506864_2_M.jpg

Pick 110
- Uncle Barrels' Barbarians: Eric GUY, Carrum (183cm 91kg): tough and fearless defender.

St Kilda Career: 93 games (0 goals)
St Kilda Coach: 1972, 1974 (6 games, 3 wins)
St Kilda Vice Captain (three seasons)
3-time Victorian representative

The archetype of the uncompromising, straight-ahead half back flanker, Guy made his teammates walk taller, and left his opponents unable to walk. A notable 'enforcer' in a notoriously tough era (1957-1962), Guy was nicknamed 'The Tank' for his burly physique and his method of attacking the ball and the man with equal, and devastating, ferocity.

Despite his penchant for the rough stuff, Guy could certainly play football, and was duly rewarded with representative duties on multiple occasions.

He takes the final spot on the Barbarians' half back line, and woe betide anyone who feels like getting heavy-handed with our little blokes; Guy is coming for you.

Defacto

UB's Barbarians (Uncle Barrels)
FB: Jack Davis / ---------------- / ---------------
HB: Jim Guyatt / Matt Maguire / Eric Guy
C: Brendon Goddard / Ian Stewart / ---------------
HF: Aaron Hamill (c) / Barry Hall / Ian Cooper
FF: Brian Mynott / Bill Stephenson / Harry Moyes
R: Lazar Vidovic / ---------------- / Colin Watson

For those keeping score at home...

Last edited:
Back