St Kilda looking to trade out pick 1

Remove this Banner Ad

12Chill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yo
You are so greedy lol. You're not getting anything better than brown and pick 10

Brown is not even in the right age bracket first of all, we wouldn't go out of our way to get him if he's going to be retired when we aim to start challenging again, very little point in that. Big difference between Petracca, McCartin and Wright as pick 1 possibilites compared to a Jarrod Pickett/Paul Ahern type around pick 10 btw.
If you want pick 1, got to give up something for it. Gaff may want to come home so Gaff +10 might be what it takes for pick 1.

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'd say asking for more than an average medium defender and a mid-first round pick for the best Aussie Rules player born in '96 is more than OK. Just my opinion. If you want pick 1, it's Darling straight swap or Shuey + 28. Really only GWS are going to have the pieces and the willingness to move those pieces.
shuey + 28 is reasonable.

Then nice talking to you, see you at the draft.

Nothing is worth dealing with West Coast at the trade table after the stunt they pulled with Mitch Brown and Jaime Cripps.

It would be nice if the karma bus could hit them between the eyes..
I can't see any likelihood of civil dealings between the Saints and the budgies for a few years.

Oxirane

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Then nice talking to you, see you at the draft.

Nothing is worth dealing with West Coast at the trade table after the stunt they pulled with Mitch Brown and Jaime Cripps.

I thought Cripps for Stevens was proposed as the obvious trade by WCE (think I heard this on Trade Week Radio), however the Saints wanted to get Mitch Brown by making a more complex deal.

bergholt

Good Ordinary Player
Mar 14, 2007
Brunswick
AFL Club
St Kilda
Exactly. And with a bit of luck you could get a young swingman in Jaksch if you can convince him to come to the Saints.

I haven't seen much Jaksch but plenty seem to rate him. Would fit nicely into our list given his age and swingman status - we don't exactly have a bunch of good talls coming through at either end. (Plenty in the ruck.)

The logical trade is #1 for Jaksch + #4. I think we'd do that if we thought we could get a quality midfielder (Brayshaw or Petracca) at #4, but not if we thought the choice was going to be between talls like Wright, Durdin, Lever and Goddard. Our list is rooted but our midfield is more rooted.

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
I haven't seen much Jaksch but plenty seem to rate him. Would fit nicely into our list given his age and swingman status - we don't exactly have a bunch of good talls coming through at either end. (Plenty in the ruck.)

The logical trade is #1 for Jaksch + #4. I think we'd do that if we thought we could get a quality midfielder (Brayshaw or Petracca) at #4, but not if we thought the choice was going to be between talls like Wright, Durdin, Lever and Goddard. Our list is rooted but our midfield is more rooted.

If probably do that trade. But I'm no draft expert so just guessing about values of 1-4.

And you're lucky your midfield isn't as rooted as ours. We need our 2014 draft to be like your 2013 draft.

TheLastEmperor

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Righto, just watched Draft Day with Kevin Kostner, I think I've got this draft and trade business sorted.

Pick 1 > GWS
Pick 3 & Mitchell > Stk
Pick 20 & 21 > Syd

GWS
Pick 3 & 20 <-> pick 1

StK
Pick 1 & 21 <-> pick 3 & Mitchell

Syd
Mitchell <-> pick 20 & 21

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IanW

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
#Exers
That trade is too in favor of Stkilda you would have throw in more then pick 1 to GWS for their first 2 picks

Theres also the issue of assuming Melbourne dont get pick #3 as a PP/free agency compo, regardless of the game of chicken being played about St Kilda taking a big no matter what GWS do, leaving us the opportunity of doing the trade with Melbourne so we have a clear run at Petracca..

Murraj1966

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I thought Cripps for Stevens was proposed as the obvious trade by WCE (think I heard this on Trade Week Radio), however the Saints wanted to get Mitch Brown by making a more complex deal.

St Kilda offered 25 and Cripps for Brown and West Coast refused, complete idiots to knock that back.

Still, Spencer White is a far better result than having Brown on the list, when you consider Delaney has very similar stats to Mitch Brown but far more spoils and marks this year.

bergholt

Good Ordinary Player
Mar 14, 2007
Brunswick
AFL Club
St Kilda
GWS
Pick 3 & 20 <-> pick 1

GWS giving up way too much there. Pick 1 this year isn't worth a huge amount more than pick 3 by all accounts, certainly not another top 20 pick worth.

StK
Pick 1 & 21 <-> pick 3 & Mitchell

St Kilda giving up a bit too much there. Mitchell might be good at NEAFL level but pick 21 + (pick 1 - pick 3) is too much for his exposed AFL form.

Syd
Mitchell <-> pick 20 & 21

Sydney winning hands down here. Picks 20 + 21 for a guy who can't get a game? And they pay unders for Heeney with their late first round pick? That would set up an unbelievable draft period for them.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
The way I see it is this. You only trade out Pick 1 for a star player who's also young. Don't really see the point in downgrading our pick 1 for the sake of an unproven (e.g. Jacksch).

So really it would have to be someone like Cameron for pick 1, which I don't really think GWS will do.

I think we'll keep the pick.

Godogs247

Team Captain
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Guys Melbourne will get picks 2 and 3 and take Petracca and Brayshaw for sure....
St kilda will take MCCardin for sure..

The big play will be for Weller at Brisbanes pick.

Carlton will go tall even Goddard or Wright if he slides and GWS are very keen on speed?? so maybe Verde?

Pick1-St kilda--McCardin
pick2-Melb--Petracca
pick3-Melb--Brayshaw
pick4-Gws--Verde
pick5-Bris--Weller
pick6-Carl--Wright
pick7-Bull--Durdin
pick8-Coll--Lever
pick9-W coast--Ahern
pick10-Gold C-Goddard

The big winner will be Carlton

It would be a huge get for West Coast who are in dire need of a 190+ cm midfielder. Not sure what we could package with our 1st pick that would be enough to get it. We can't afford to lose out potentially high level Mids in Gaff, Sheed & Shuey or our young key forwards or backs in Emac, McGovern & Darling.

Our 3rd pick is most likely going to be used on Waterman so it leaves us with

Pick 10 (?)
Pick 28 (?)
M Brown + 10
Schoefield + 10 + 28
Sinclair + 10 + 28
Josh Kennedy + ?
Priddis + 28
Scott Selwood + 28

As our only players/picks with any sort of value
Id give you our Rd#1 for Selwood…. would help you out here too… Give you pick say 16…..

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back