Rumour St Kilda rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't write Jake off. There is a reason most bomber supporters thought he was worth pick 5 and that is because he has serious talent. He may not have a brain but the talent is there. I would not be surprised if he puts it all behind him and becomes a very, very good player for St Kilda.

Don't write Jake off. There is a reason most bomber supporters thought he was worth pick 5 and that is because he has serious talent. He may not have a brain but the talent is there. I would not be surprised if he puts it all behind him and becomes a very, very good player for St Kilda.
Yeah, you'd have to think if anything is going to make him grow up pretty quickly and get the best out of himself it would be what he's been through in recent months.

He supposedly got up in front of the playing group at Essendon late in the season and apologised for his outbursts, which would have taken a bit of guts and then it seems like he played pretty well in the 2 or 3 games afterwards, to end the season.

Now this whole ACA saga would have knocked his ego down another notch and made him even more humble and so-on and hopefully he'll really have a big preseason and kill it next year and beyond.

Aside from this little setback the mail has been that he's been very good around the club so far, but he's obviously coming from a fair way back, as far as all this sort of stuff goes, so it's probably no great surprise if he has a hick-up or two on the way to being more professional and mature.

As long as he's not a genuinely "bad person" (and if he was I imagine Richo would have realised this when he coached him at Essendon and we would have steered clear) I think we've just got to keep working with him until he gets there.

Yeah, you'd have to think if anything is going to make him grow up pretty quickly and get the best out of himself it would be what he's been through in recent months.

He supposedly got up in front of the playing group at Essendon late in the season and apologised for his outbursts, which would have taken a bit of guts and then it seems like he played pretty well in the 2 or 3 games afterwards, to end the season.

Now this whole ACA saga would have knocked his ego down another notch and made him even more humble and so-on and hopefully he'll really have a big preseason and kill it next year and beyond.

Aside from this little setback the mail has been that he's been very good around the club so far, but he's obviously coming from a fair way back, as far as all this sort of stuff goes, so it's probably no great surprise if he has a hick-up or two on the way to being more professional and mature.

As long as he's not a genuinely "bad person" (and if he was I imagine Richo would have realised this when he coached him at Essendon and we would have steered clear) I think we've just got to keep working with him until he gets there.
I think "immature" might be the best way to describe him. He is definitely a different cat but he'll be ok. The only difference between him and plenty of other AFL players is that he was silly enough to get caught. There are plenty at St Kilda and every other club who would have had a dabble over the years. In fact, I happened to be rubbing shoulders with Hawthorn players at a restricted area of the Grand Prix this year ( and who shall remain nameless) who were venturing into cubicles at the Grand Prix two at a time. Good blokes but obviously hooking into the gear.

Yeah I think immaturity and not being the sharpest tool in the shed are two of Jake's biggest "crimes". Hopefully he finds a new set of "mates", too.

It will certainly be interesting to see how his career goes from this point on. He's the type who could be switched forward in a final and kick 3 in a quarter, so I really hope he fulfills his potential, for the sake of footy, as much as him and us.

I'm no fan of Carlisle, but being late for training during the off-season is hardly headline-worthy stuff. I also think SK should be careful about punishing others because of him. He needs to build a strong bond with these guys and if they resent him from the start, he'll struggle to play his best.

Daniher is well ahead of Jake at the same age. In fact it is Daniher and the other 200cm forwards that you need Jake for. I look forward to their match ups.

Daniher you don't need to worry about. Can take a grab but can't kick.

100323-Clayton-Bolivian-march-0008.jpg

When the Saints go marching in, their 3 million dollar recruit uses the Bolivian marching powder

We'll see how the giraffe moves when he's grown up.

I have seen grown up giraffes.

Tall, hard to defend against.

And physically incapable of kicking an Australian Rules football with any reliability.

Like Cletus.

Carlisle will be a very very good player for the Saints and this will soon be all forgotten. Hodge's DUI was far worse, plus he should have known better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back