gillo94

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2014
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Should Saints trade their pick 3 or 4 in this coming draft to add experience and depth to their team, similar to what Melbourne did with their pick 2 in 2013, which turned out to be a good package

If Saints were offered Gibbs, Nick Graham and Blues 2nd Rd being 20, would you give up Pick 3?
Reason offering Graham is looks like he is clearly out of favour with the coaching staff, I think he has promise but only my opinion and that of most Blues supporters
If not what else would you add?

I think Saints are in need of experience, I like their team but I see Fisher, Montagna and Roo retiring soon. and can add experience and depth while still having top picks inside 25 IMO.

Gibbs will be a better player in another team.

Keep in mind doesn't have to be trade with Blues can be other teams with right offer
But would have to be appealing trade

We didn't trade pick 2 for "experience" we traded it for a young midfield gun in Tyson and the Giants pick 9 because Roos rated Salem just as much as those that were picked before him.

The Saints aren't in a position to be chasing depth by trading away top picks especially for a mediocre package like that, they still need the best available talent out of the first round.

Depth can be found with later picks in the draft there's absolutely no reason for St Kilda to trade out of the first round unless they are getting a young star like Shiel, Treloar etc.

You're rebuilding. Keep it.

We didn't trade pick 2 for "experience" we traded it for a young midfield gun in Tyson and the Giants pick 9 because Roos rated Salem just as much as those that were picked before him.

The Saints aren't in a position to be chasing depth by trading away top picks especially for a mediocre package like that, they still need the best available talent out of the first round.

Depth can be found with later picks in the draft there's absolutely no reason for St Kilda to trade out of the first round unless they are getting a young star like Shiel, Treloar etc.

Just an example, I said doesn't have to Carlton
I think Gibbs is worth mid first Rd pick and Graham maybe a 3rd rd and also giving up pick 20 so all that together worth a pick 3

Just an example, I said doesn't have to Carlton
I think Gibbs is worth mid first Rd pick and Graham maybe a 3rd rd and also giving up pick 20 so all that together worth a pick 3
No it's not.

Hell the Dogs could offer (not that they would or should) Jack Macrae for pick 3.

That's the kind of value you have to give up if you want to trade into the top 3, not Gibbs.

Gillo you clearly have no idea what the Saints need or want. We've had a set target for the number of picks inside the top 20ish picks over the last few years and that will continue this year. We wont be trading out our first unless it is for a very good deal.

Gillo you clearly have no idea what the Saints need or want. We've had a set target for the number of picks inside the top 20ish picks over the last few years and that will continue this year. We wont be trading out our first unless it is for a very good deal.

What deal is fair in your opinon for Pick 3?

I don't think Pick 3 will be going anywhere, unless it was a player in the calibre of Shiel, Treloar, sloane etc (of which all 3 will re-sgn with their current clubs

Would the Saints give up Pick 3 to get Pick 12, 18,19 for example? I'm not so sure, this is the year to get pick 3 and take an A+ Midfielder

I don't think Pick 3 will be going anywhere, unless it was a player in the calibre of Shiel, Treloar, sloane etc (of which all 3 will re-sgn with their current clubs

Would the Saints give up Pick 3 to get Pick 12, 18,19 for example? I'm not so sure, this is the year to get pick 3 and take an A+ Midfielder

I think downgrading to multiple top 20 picks totally depends on how we rate the draft. As you said it looks like pick 3 will get us a very nice mid this year, so unless we think the draft runs pretty deep and the top end talent isn't that much better then I can't see us doing it.

Saints could get 2 very good mids at 20&21 and Gibbs can play range of positions. It's up to Saints if wanting to downgrade but get good package in return for 3

Saints could get 2 very good mids at 20&21 and Gibbs can play range of positions. It's up to Saints if wanting to downgrade but get good package in return for 3
If you haven't heard, Gibbs and Murphy have been sat down by the board and been told they aren't going anywhere.

If you haven't heard, Gibbs and Murphy have been sat down by the board and been told they aren't going anywhere.

I did see that before. Don't want to trade Murphy as he is the captain but Bryce surely would want a premiership and has to know Blues would take bit longer with a rebuild
Maybe Yarran would be traded

Saints pick 3 for Yarran Jaksch and 20, if their still not satisfied then can't do much more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints pick 3 for Yarran Jaksch and 20, if their still not satisfied then can't do much more

Without hijacking the thread, I'll let a saints fan such as Rahul answer that. But I'd think you'd be dreaming with that trade. Yarran is worth about Pick 20, Jaksch won't go anywhere after just joining blues...

Without hijacking the thread, I'll let a saints fan such as Rahul answer that. But I'd think you'd be dreaming with that trade. Yarran is worth about Pick 20, Jaksch won't go anywhere after just joining blues...

You might be right be neither a saints or blues fan. Last yr Stk also made a play for Jaksch and Blues have Jamo ready to come in with Cam Giles next year and poss Weitering hard seeing all talls playing in same defense and Jaksch still has some value so thought might be appealing to StK as Fisher entering last years of career. Yarran still ok player and burst of speed. Probably won't happen but see it as benefit to both teams

Your as obsessed about St Kilda and trading your cast offs to them as they are trying to get one of our stars.

Nobody wants anything from Carlton for Pick 3. There isn't anyone at Carlton worth trading for.

They're all poo.

Your as obsessed about St Kilda and trading your cast offs to them as they are trying to get one of our stars.

Nobody wants anything from Carlton for Pick 3. There isn't anyone at Carlton worth trading for.

They're all poo.

I'm sure they would with the right offer

I guess they real intent of this thread is getting an ealy pick from the Saints with your quality , contracted , mature players.
The Saints have structured themselves to have a list build that will be a chance in a few years time , if you want picks of them you would need to trade the players you want to keep.

If Danger leaves.. Gibbs to Adelaide makes some sort of sense. they will have cap space and a pick to use

Last edited:

Spot on Bishop. In a year like this one, we'll be more than happy to head to a draft with several midfielders with elite skillsets.

gilbo give it a rest. the saints wont trade pick 3 for any players on carltons list. they just aint that great
You could say the same about your list of players.

They're all poo.
How about a former pick one for a 29 year old and pick seven or so?

Or pick 21 for another veteran in Patfull?

Or Adams for someone like Shaw who is a flog?

You wanted Gibbs.

Earn your dues before you talk crap due to the AFL bending over and ruining a so called equal competition for money. You're as relevant and as well run as North, Demons and the Saints without concessions. No better than the Lions who haven't won a flag after the AFL removed their assistance before sneaking in an Academy.

You could say the same about your list of players.

How about a former pick one for a 29 year old and pick seven or so?

Or pick 21 for another veteran in Patfull?

Or Adams for someone like Shaw who is a flog?

You wanted Gibbs.

Earn your dues before you talk crap due to the AFL bending over and ruining a so called equal competition for money. You're as relevant and as well run as North, Demons and the Saints without concessions. No better than the Lions who haven't won a flag after the AFL removed their assistance before sneaking in an Academy.
Your players all suck.

But that's GWS fault.

Ah, yup.

We don't want softc**k Gibbs and Graham is average. You're not getting your hands on our first pick.

You have to give up something good to get a top pick. Cripps, Menzel and perhaps Henderson we'd entertain trades for. Henderson won't come to us and the other two are untouchables, so nothing is going to eventuate. Go annoy other supporters about getting their first picks and offering up stuff all.

Last edited:
Back