Unofficial Preview St Kilda V Fremantle @ Docklands Saturday 19th @ 4:40 (Foxtel)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

3oh96g.jpg

Pretty happy with those ins (Hickey injury excluded). Reckon Dunnell and Shenton could consider themselves unlucky but get the feeling that decisions have been made on these two already. May as well give others games. A few who should probably consider themselves lucky and are playing for contracts for next year. There are a heap out of contract and decisions need to be made about retention and player value.

On a side note Acres not selected for Sandy again. Anyone heard anything?

Pretty happy with those ins (Hickey injury excluded). Reckon Dunnell and Shenton could consider themselves unlucky but get the feeling that decisions have been made on these two already. May as well give others games. A few who should probably consider themselves lucky and are playing for contracts for next year. There are a heap out of contract and decisions need to be made about retention and player value.

On a side note Acres not selected for Sandy again. Anyone heard anything?

Thigh injury wasn't it? Nothing major but pretty sure he was listed as a "test" on the injury update this week

What I like about all three small forwards in the team, is that they can contribute in the middle, but still hurt the scoreboard as well. Billings, Schneider, Saunders. Different players, bringing different facets to the game, but all goal kickers and midfielders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the end of the day, the club will look at how many spots on the list we have available and how many we are going to need to get everyone we're aiming to get via trade/FA/the draft and if the last of those is considered to be a better option than Shenton, then I expect we'll let him go and go with that better option. Conversely, if we reckon that he's going be better value for us than whoever we might pick up with say our 4th rounder in the draft (if we have that many spots left) then I imagine we'll go with him and only have 3 picks in the draft (or however many we've had up to the 4th round).

I think we have more pressing problems than Shenton so he stays for mine for another year or two. I think Minch has done enough to get on the mainlist. If it was a toss up between the two then Minch gets the nod.

You can't fix all our list problems in one draft so you have to prioritise. There are two things to look at this time around - our midfield and our fwd line. We are being killed by our poor delivery into the fwd line. We are also being killed by our lack of outside run. It is appalling. For mine that is the first thing we fix. The other thing is that we need another key fwd.

Even if we got Boyd, unless we can get the ball into the fwd line and deliver it lace out to the leading fwd then we're not going to get full value. Our midfield is shocking and we need to start to fix that. It will get better over the next 2 or 3 years as our current kids get stronger and can run out games in the midfield. But at the same time we need elite players who can lead the midfield. Is Petracca one of those players? He certainly sounds like he can be but I'll leave it to better judges than I. I think we need to sort out our midfield as that will help us win more games as we rebuild which helps culture and memberships etc

The other point is this. We pick the best player at pick 1 whomever that is. Like GWS did last year picking Boyd even though they had Patton and Cameron. Also if we are going to to trade pick 1, we get maximum value for it. Some of the suggested trades are laughable. We are in a strong position so we should get maximum return. I would trade it for nothing less than Boyd, Shiel or Boyd, Jaksch, or even Boyd and pick 4. Pick 1 is a big deal. One final thing is that if we get a priority pick that might mean we trade our pick 1 (now pick 2) a la Melbourne last year - a top 3 draft pick of a player and a top 10 pick.

The options are endless folks....

Even though Freo havnt been around that long we have already worked up a bit of interesting history between the two clubs.
From the "Whispers in the Sky" news story , when Tony Jones said he heard the umpires claiming "now we know what its like to have a win".
The 'siren gate' game in Tassie ( I was there & didn't hear the siren either) .
And of course Rossy Lyon leaving at the last minute to Freo for enough money to make a middle eastern Sheik blush.
Then theres the players.
Gavin Mitchell (from Freo)
Craig Callaghan ( from Freo)
Heath Black ( from Freo, To Freo)
Zac Dawson ( to Freo)
Dale Kickett ( from Freo)
Mark Gale ( from Freo)
Tony Delaney ( from Freo)
Lazar Vidovic ( welcoming Freo to the AFL with his fist's :p)

can anybody else think of other players we swapped?? that's all I could think off.

Don't forget

Ahh yes, nice one:thumbsu:
I also remember going to NAB cup game Vs Freo at Etihad a couple of yrs ago and it was pouring rain and the roof was leaking and the game was delayed for some time. I was stuck across the Rd at the Woolshed Pub waiting to hear if the game was gonna be cancelled or not:p
A pub aint a bad place to be stuck in really :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back