Analysis St Kilda v Geelong Rd 21 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez the Rising Star mob are clutching at ******* straws by nominating Darcy Lang after his 16 possessions (6ki, 10hb) & 2 tackles (DT - 53; SC - 70).... Are they ******* serious???

Worst Nom of the year by a mile!

He really was ineffective on Saturday night, and turned the ball over quite a bit.

If Goddard or Membrey had a few more touches they might have got it.

Sam Gilbert: one-game wonder?

Seriously, I freely recognise it was a great game by him. But that's after a fair while of nothing to ordinary. And let's see if he can back it up for a few weeks, before we start acting like he's the new Fyfe, okay?
That's why we're letting him go FA for pick 7. Please try and keep it quiet.

It's not like he strikes them poorly.. He just can't hit a target which is frustrating.. I think his confidence is shot

Sore as. Personally I don't know why they are playing him given my mail. His action is not perfect to begin with and his 'soreness' doesn't help.

Meh.
Poor teams get poor umpires.
We'll be getting much better quality umpires in about 2 years time. :thumbsu::rainbow:

Geez the Rising Star mob are clutching at ******* straws by nominating Darcy Lang after his 16 possessions (6ki, 10hb) & 2 tackles (DT - 53; SC - 70).... Are they ******* serious???

Worst Nom of the year by a mile!

They must have missed Goddard's game

Just watched the last quarter again. We were mighty unlucky not to win, had more chances. As for the Motlop running too far, it was 20 or 21 steps. 15 is the unofficial Max, so he blew that.

How good was Monty's speed clearing the ball on the wing a few times in the last quarter? Quite the consolidator. And Fisher beating Hawkins at half forward along the far boundary?

I'm just glad Stevie J persevered with kicking sky balls around his body and picking out our players!

No way did Motlop run 21 steps. If you watch the replay again you'll count 15. I think we were lucky with that one but got stuffed with the Mav Weller 50 so it evens out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I realise that but the person I quoted said he had ran 21 steps, which wasn't true.

Either way, players run further than Motlop did every week and don't get pinned for it, I thought we got lucky with that decision.
It is true. Count it. I did three or four time. Richo can't count, perhaps you can't either?!

And I know it's based on distance but unofficially its 15 steps. That's how they get their indicator as to distance.

I realise that but the person I quoted said he had ran 21 steps, which wasn't true.

Either way, players run further than Motlop did every week and don't get pinned for it, I thought we got lucky with that decision.
Second part I agree with. They have been hot on it for some reason. Rule of the week perhaps?!

What's made it better (or worse) was the Umpiring review didn't bother to comment on it, but stated that we should have got the 50m penalty against Gregson....

Stick that Chris Scott ya flog! ;)

Under 21 on January 1st. Played less than 10 games.

He turned 21 in May and had only played one game before this year.

Why would he not be eligible?
Sorry i thought he was already 21 when he came to us. We should be very happy with what he has done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back