St Kilda v Geelong - Round 21, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Plummetting meaning: Football team that makes Grand Final two years in a row and then finishes arse up bottom of the ladder within four years!

Bingo: St.Kilda

You mean 4 years after we played a GF we ended up on the bottom. Wouldn't call that a plummet.

And you need to understand that Saints hastened their decline themselves. They made a deliberate decision to trade top 6 players to get picks to rebuild. Where you finish on the ladder in that situation is no of much import. What is important is that the club and supporters buy in and that there is progress. This year we feel there has been progress. Next year I hope it continues.

Plummetting meaning: Football team that makes Grand Final two years in a row and then finishes arse up bottom of the ladder within four years!

Bingo: St.Kilda
If we finished bottom the next year, yea that's a plummet. But not over the course of 4 years. Read the definition again sunshine, you'll get there eventually.

If we finished bottom the next year, yea that's a plummet. But not over the course of 4 years. Read the definition again sunshine, you'll get there eventually.
I repeat: In football terms the Saints demise from 3 time Grand Finalists with no victory to the spoon within 4 years is a plummet...sunshine!

I repeat: In football terms the Saints demise from 3 time Grand Finalists with no victory to the spoon within 4 years is a plummet...sunshine!
So by your rather loose definition going from 18th to 14th means we're soaring this year?
Whilst Geelong have plummeted from 3rd to 9th! at this rate they'll be wooden spooners in 2017!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting analysis form a St.Kilda fan whose team plummeted right out the window very quickly. The Saints have still only won 6 games and are 10 points away from 12th in a competition with some of the worst teams on record below them. Melbourne, Gold Coast, Carlton, Essendon and Brisbane must surely be the worst bottom five sides in history, all of them would be worthy wooden spoon recipients. The Saints are heading in the right direction, but don't get too carried away there are some deplorable sides just below you. The Cats are middle table and will have that middle table inconsistency for a couple of seasons while they make the transition. They had good wins against the Dogs, Swans and GWS, but now and again they will look flat and out run. The Saints are also battling consistency, last week's first half against North highlighted the fact that they would be no pushover. I don't care if Geelong make the finals or not, i don't believe in a final 8 anymore, it's just a money making exercise for the AFL. We should revert to a final four, it 's what we end up with anyway!

Geelong couldn't beat this Saints side.

This Jack Flash fellow is the Geelong equivalent of Plugger35

Remove this Banner Ad

Back