Unofficial Preview St Kilda V Suns @ Metricon Aug 2 7:40 on Foxtel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In: Saunders.

Out: Shenton.

Shenton was a late in for an injured Saunders so if I took a guess that would be the only change. If not happy to reward the team for their last effort. If Gilbert is ready he comes in for someone but I have no idea who.

B: S.Dempster L.Delaney S.Gilbert
HB: J.Newnes S.Fisher B.Murdoch
C: L.Montagna L.Hayes S.Savage
HF: F.Ray N.Riewoldt J.Gwilt
F: J.Billings R.Stanley A.Schneider
R: B.Longer D.Armitage M.Weller
I/C: T.Curren D.Roberton L.Dunstan (C.Shenton)

Emerg: J.Bruce S.Ross J.Saunders
.......pure speculation.
Don't expect any change really, but if Gilbert's fit would we make him play VFL this time?

B: S.Dempster L.Delaney S.Gilbert
HB: J.Newnes S.Fisher B.Murdoch
HF: F.Ray N.Riewoldt J.Gwilt
F: J.Billings R.Stanley A.Schneider
I/C: T.Curren D.Roberton L.Dunstan (C.Shenton)

Emerg: J.Bruce S.Ross J.Saunders
.......pure speculation.
Don't expect any change really, but if Gilbert's fit would we make him play VFL this time?
Doubt Bruce is going anywhere.

The 3 tall forwards is what we'll probably stick with for the rest of 2014 and it showed last week how much better we looked with all three even if Bruce did impact the score board.

Gilbert hasn't played since round 3 yes people will mention how he has come in before off long lay offs but Armo, Gwilt, Hickey etc came back through the VFL so i don't see why Gilbo can't as well when he has had an even longer lay off.

What about Gilbert up forward?
We've been threatening to do that for years.
Remember how dangerous he looks up there, and he's hard to match up on.

No , Lyon tried it, and it sucked. He looks dangerous when he sneaks up from the backline. Like a ruck resting forward.

Spencer has played football in the last few months, Gilbo hasn't.
Done deal!

B: S.Dempster L.Delaney J.Bruce
HB: J.Newnes S.Fisher J.Gwilt
HF: F.Ray N.Riewoldt L.Dunstan
F: S.White R.Stanley J.Billings
I/C: T.Curren A.Schneider D.Roberton (C.Shenton)

Done deal!

B: S.Dempster L.Delaney J.Bruce
HB: J.Newnes S.Fisher J.Gwilt
HF: F.Ray N.Riewoldt L.Dunstan
F: S.White R.Stanley J.Billings
I/C: T.Curren A.Schneider D.Roberton (C.Shenton)
Yes ☺

Gilbert hasn't played since round 3 yes people will mention how he has come in before off long lay offs but Armo, Gwilt, Hickey etc came back through the VFL so i don't see why Gilbo can't as well when he has had an even longer lay off.
I agree, can't see the point in rushing him back, especially with his history of injuries. I'd prefer to see him back in a couple of weeks.

Gilbert to play at least one in the VFL.

Is Steven fit to be back? He could be the sub.

I don't know who to drop, although I was not enamoured with Dempster's form before the Freo game. Then he set the tone by going back with the flight and deserves his spot on that alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Gilbert needs some time in the VFL before returning, don't need him breaking down again.

Not sure it's even worth bringing him back at all this season if there's a risk of injuring himself again but I assume they're being more cautious this time than last time when he was rushed back into the team for Rd1.

No real need to rush Steven back for this game either, could give him another week off and bring him back on Sunday week for the Bulldogs.

I expect they'll be going with pretty much an unchanged line-up for this game as no one really deserved to be dropped.

Although i think Gilbo should return through the VFL i think we'll probably see

In: Steven, Gilbert
Out: Shenton, Curren

Forgot about Curren which probably says something about his form.

In: Steven or Saunders

Out: Curren
He played as a small forward against Fremantle and Richo gave him praise for his performance about his pressure, so i don't think form is an issue not many players playing small forward get much touches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back